Author Topic: CEP Content Missing in Char Creation  (Read 1698 times)

GaiusFreeman

• New to the Mists
CEP Content Missing in Char Creation
« on: November 10, 2014, 09:51:08 PM »
Hey, wondering if someone would mind double-checking my work.  I have lost my NWN discs, but not the keys, so I torrented a GOG installer and just need to swap my own keys in.  I installed the following hak/override files:
-cep 2.6 (from neverwintervault.org)
-RavenloftPOTM_hak_1_95b.zip
-rl_gui_override.7z
-various PotM portraits, music, skybox.

When I log in, I can create a character, but I cannot see any CEP content.  If I change heads, I only see the NWN/SoU/HotU heads; if I change skin color, the character loses texture and goes all Silver Surfer chrome (not good for a dorf, I think).  I also am just seeing default skills and feats during creation, none of the custom content.

I definitely copied the files over correctly, as I have done much override/hak work in NWN and PotM in the past, and am familiar with that game.  I am more wondering if there could be an issue with the GoG version of NWN, or perhaps if I don't have the newest versions. I did actually originally download a dated CEP Zarathustra posted (http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=862.msg6940#msg6940  2.4a, I believe).  I have since tried the updated 2.6.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: CEP Content Missing in Char Creation
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 10:11:31 PM »
The custom content doesn't load when you connect, it loads after you select a character and enter the module. You won't be able to see any custom content until after your character is made. This is why there are head selectors and character customization tools in the new character area. It's also a smart idea to not distribute any skill points until level 2, because there are skills available in character creation that aren't used in the module.

GaiusFreeman

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 10:33:21 PM »
Oh I see.  Things are a lot different since last I was here I guess.  Thanks dude, I will give it another go later.

LordRottenCorpse

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 09:08:10 PM »
is the CEP on the download section is 2.4 or 2.6 ? What are we on right now ?
Jeune Bérurier!

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 06:22:32 AM »
The server is still using CEP 2.4 I believe, but it could very well be that CEP 2.6 is compatible as well.

LordRottenCorpse

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 12:10:43 PM »
Because I read somewhere theyre was a CEP update not long ago and im not sure if I have the right files.My game is still not working ( missing doors and some character head are flying and even missing torso.My cloaks in my inventory is pure white and I cant see them on my character...)
Jeune Bérurier!