Author Topic: OcR after last update  (Read 1792 times)

Arael

• Undead Slayer
OcR after last update
« on: October 31, 2014, 08:29:52 AM »
Anybody noticed changes in their value after last update?

Particularly about Inherent OCR, have you still the same value as you remember?

I write this because mine changed, aren't them supposed to be always the same (they are inherent for a reason?).

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: OcR after last update
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 09:35:50 AM »
I've made some tweaks here and there. What race/subrace do you play and which OcR is that? OcR is domain-based essentially.

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 09:01:52 AM »
Ocr in port:
Aprox three or four weeks ago there was a color spray accident with the theater npc - npc ended up dazed - ocr shot up 118 points in port
latest update - npc's in port not rolling any influence checks - auto hostile for half, other half yelling - no reactions from sailors or guards noticed so far
Ocr has dropped from 124 to 86 in three real life weeks

Not sure here, but I would imagine that with a rehearsal accident with a non lethal spell to test it's possible usage for plays shouldn't jump a person's ocr over 100 points and condemn them to the same reaction as some one who's going around murdering people, especially in a city that has a university that teaches magic and everyone is more or less aware of it's existence and at least in the nobility side, uses it.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 10:05:08 AM »
Hostile spells cast on NPCs will always do that, regardless of the spell; that's not going to change. The system can't detect when you use it for a rehearsal and when you use it to attack NPCs. You'll just have to be more careful in the future about casting though in this instance since it happened before OcR was added you could possibly ask for a decrease from DMs.

Also, I need to figure out why guards didn't react. Sailors aren't set up to react since they've seen pretty crazy things on the Sea of Sorrows. Finally, quick question, what were they shouting when they reacted?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 10:16:41 AM by EO »

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 10:51:48 AM »
Some turned hostile and ran off, some spouted there she is, some spouted a bunch of french. :) The gendarme just kept walking about as if it were normal.
I was more surprised that there wasn't an influence check, since I was getting one last week.

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 04:07:36 PM »
Alright I have a concern. Since I only play elves..Theres certain subraces that start with a really high base, ocr in all domains for being an elf. Then theres additonal inherient bonuses tacked on for the domains. So being an elf gets double penalized , up to +13 ocr. I didnt realize Harakir hated elves more then Barovians either.

Arael

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 03:23:19 AM »
I've made some tweaks here and there. What race/subrace do you play and which OcR is that? OcR is domain-based essentially.
We have sent some PM to each other, it seems the changes are intentional, but not all chars got these changes yet.

People should be warned that soon or later they might be suddenly attacked by some factions as soon as they have their inherent value "fixed".