You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: A notice regarding Renée Hoppy, posted in Vallaki  (Read 1398 times)

Apsalar

• Undead Master
  • :)
A notice regarding Renée Hoppy, posted in Vallaki
« on: October 27, 2014, 05:23:54 AM »
It is with great sorrow that the Wayfarer Kinship must announce the passing of one of its membership, Renée Hoppy.

It is with even greater sorrow that we must announce that a creature now stalks the night in her form, for she has risen as a vampire.

We urge you, citizens and outlanders alike, to be wary of the halfling vampire that will be hunting in search of victims. It will speak lies and half-truths in order to achieve what it wants, and it is not to be trusted. No longer is this creature Renée Hoppy, it is merely a monster. Do not speak with it, do not trust it, do not invite it into your homes, and do not look into its eyes.

The Wayfarer Kinship are doing its utmost to find and and destroy this creature before it may harm any innocents and any information leading to this end will be met with our utmost gratitude and a reward, as will any proof of its demise.

- Arianwen Liadonel, on behalf of the Wayfarer Kinship.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 05:28:08 AM by Apsalar »

Dread

• Dark Power
Re: A notice regarding Renée Hoppy, posted in Vallaki
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 11:32:07 AM »
[The following evening, a response is pasted near this notice, with a number of handwritten copies showing up elsewhere in the city. It seems almost as though its author has nothing but time on her hands, and the fact that even more copies of this notice appear practically overnight seems to support this. They read as follows:]

"Let us talk of half-truths and lies -- for there is much that the Wayfarer Kinship is hiding from you. They certainly hid a great deal from me when I was still alive, and it was only a few minutes before my demise that I learned the truth about some of my 'friends'.

Anastacia Rotfurt, perhaps the first member of the Wayfarer Kinship that I came into contact with, a bridesmaid at my wedding and a woman who I up until recently foolishly believed was my friend, hired an assassin to dispatch one of the Wayfarers' principal adversaries at the time. The assassin she hired regularly served the dreaded Ulcissor family, a coven of Darkonese vampires that had managed to acquire a foothold in Barovia and were locked in a feud with another coven of vampires more comprised of Barovian natives turned into creatures of the night like myself. Rotfurt likely knew full well where the assassin's allegiances happened to lie, and yet this did not deter her -- she paid filthy lucre in exchange for someone's death.

The woman named Rue provided assistance to this assassin and helped them carry out their grisly work. She, too, worked closely with the Ulcissor family of vampires. To my surprise, I learned that the Ulcissor clan of vampires tasked her with infiltrating the Wayfarer Kinship and corrupting it from within. I would say that her mission proved to be a rousing success. Lucadia Silverpaws, a self-described 'mystic', also worked with the Ulcissors.

In short, the Wayfarer Kinship does its utmost to find and destroy vampires before they may harm any innocents... except when they go forth to do their bidding. This is not about what I am, this is about what I know, and it is clear that the Kinship would wish me silenced so things might return to business as usual, so they may cast a blind eye towards the sins they have carried out.

~ Renée Hoppy"

IDreamofDaleks

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 11:48:18 AM »
{{Ahhh! I didn't notice there was more than one, Ignore previous post}}
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 11:54:43 AM by I Dream of Daleks »

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 12:55:21 PM »
[More notices have gone up around Vallaki regarding Renee Hoppy.]

Due to the nature of this most recent threat to Vallaki's citizens as well as Outlanders, I would like everyone to know exactly who and what they are dealing with should they come into contact with the vampire Renee Hoppy.

-Renee herself is a powerful witch, capable of turning your own thoughts against you. I would advise against challenging her unless you know exactly how to protect yourselves from that type of magic. Physically she is very weak and easily brought down.

-Renee has the control of a large winged bat to do her bidding. They are connected and she can spy on unknowing people through the eyes of this animal, this does not mean it is alright to shoot down any bat you see. Be smart.

-Renee wanted children, it is safe to assume that she may come for any child that she can. Let us make sure that the orphans in Vallaki are safe from this monster.

-She is a blonde woman, very short in stature as she is a halfling. She may use that to her advantage, pretending to be a child or an ailing woman. The first thing to remember about vampires is that they will do anything to ensure they have a meal, including spinning tales or outright lying.

-Garlic, Holy Water and Holy Symbols will repel a vampire long enough for you to break free. Never look the creature in the eyes as they are quite alluring and can urge you to do things you would not normally do.

-There are multiple ways to kill a vampire, a stake through the heart will work but the breastbone is much harder than many people think. Decapitation works as well but the same sentiment stands as it is harder than it looks. Of course should you do any of these things successfully you then must find the creatures resting place and destroy its coffin. Only then will the vampire be truly destroyed.

-Vampires have the ability to take on different forms, such as that of a bat or a wolf. They may also simply dissipate into mist at a moments notice and will likely use this tactic to flee should they find themselves on the losing side of a battle. Vampires are cowards in the end.

-Vampires do not need an invitation to come into an inn room. Use caution when sleeping because not only are they cowards, they are opportunistic.

Please, I implore each and every one of you to use caution, be smart and to be prepared should this creature try to make contact with you. In the end, we all want to live safer and better lives and ridding ourselves of this MONSTER is the first step to doing so. If anyone has any questions, please direct them to the Wayfarer Kinship.

-Tali Ubaid, Senior Member.

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 01:14:32 PM »
*Attached to the original notes that were posted on key notice boards throughout Vallaki*

=Garda Notice=

By order of the Vallaki Garda, all new posts regarding this issue are to be put on hold until further notice.
Failure to comply will result in a fine or imprisonment.