You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Alt Tab + Intel Integrated Graphics + Windows 8 (With Clean Shell)  (Read 1727 times)

IDreamofDaleks

Yeah I know, downgrade to windows 7 etc etc etc. I don't actually think its Windows thats giving me the issue BUT

Every time I try to alt tab out of the game , I get a Driver crashed/recovered message from Intel Graphics, and then the game will tab back in, but as a completely black screen with the X for the pointer *Shrug*

I'm probably SOL as far as alt+tabbing goes, can just ALt + enter and go to windowed when I wanna tab out, but..

Anyone else see this and know how to fix it?

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: Alt Tab + Intel Integrated Graphics + Windows 8 (With Clean Shell)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 12:04:57 AM »
I seem to recall something about compatibility mode.. Also try turning down the graphic settings. Might help
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

TAP123

• Outlander
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 01:25:20 AM »
Yeah I know, downgrade to windows 7 etc etc etc. I don't actually think its Windows thats giving me the issue BUT

Every time I try to alt tab out of the game , I get a Driver crashed/recovered message from Intel Graphics, and then the game will tab back in, but as a completely black screen with the X for the pointer *Shrug*

I'm probably SOL as far as alt+tabbing goes, can just ALt + enter and go to windowed when I wanna tab out, but..

Anyone else see this and know how to fix it?
I don't think I have the same specs, but I have Windows 8. Whenever I try to alt tab out, sometimes it would variety between letting me alt tab back in, and simply crashing. I changed it over to windowed mode, it's easy to make the configuration, searching good there are instructions to edit the configuration file for the game. http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Window_mode There's a link with the instructions/code you'd have to enter for windowed mode. Other than that, I'm not sure how to help with the alt-tab issue as I can't even solve it either. So if you don't mind a window, go for it, if you enjoy fullscreen, hopefully there's a way to fix it!

IDreamofDaleks

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 08:40:46 AM »
Should mention that I'm already set to run in compatibility mode for XP SP3, and as an administrator.
I'm going to try to mess around with the Intel driver today...

Windowed mode makes me want to punch someone, but if need be Ill use it as an alternative to alt-tabbing out
I also heard somewhere that placing one's self on a menu (like options) fixes it.
And that alt + f4 (I know) to prompt the do you want to exit, but never clicking it fixes.
Godda try these today. (I left my Laptop at work)

IDreamofDaleks

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 10:47:25 AM »
Screw it, I'll play in near full screen windowed mode until I can go to Windows 7 or 10.
I don't feel like finding a driver that will work with this damn thing, as I'm fairly certain its everything to do with the Intel Graphics.

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 09:18:58 PM »
You said you're running Windows 8? I'm running Windows 8.1 and I have no problems whatsoever when it comes to alt-tabbing out. The only issue I have is the Balinoks crash issue if I walk through it with graphics turned up.  If you are running Win 8.1 as well, I'm thinking your issues are related to your GPU, as you said. That being said, try updating the drivers (if you haven't already) and perhaps trying the compatibility settings I'm running may help you: XP SP2, run as admin and disable display scaling on high dpi settings. Hopefully this helps.

IDreamofDaleks

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 03:28:36 PM »
I resolved this issue.

*Continues installing Windows 7*