Author Topic: Radar  (Read 2285 times)

Hlot

• Undead Slayer
Radar
« on: September 02, 2014, 08:25:53 AM »
Hah, that's correct. I've read plenty of topics where people were pissed that the only place of in-character meeting is either Mist Camp or Vallaki Outskirts.

The radar system could be introduced to change that, and work in similar manner to MPC radar, so players would be able to see where others are and this would enable people to meet each other. For characters willing to be unnoticed, such system could be disabled or enabled anytime they wish.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
Re: Radar
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 08:41:54 AM »
Wouldn't really care if it was added, personally mine would always be turned off.
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 09:32:40 AM »
I could see some sort of scrying system for casters (clerics/sorcs/wiz/bards), but otherwise why not just rply send a raven or pidgeon to some one and just ask them where you can all meet up?

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 09:54:49 AM »
I would be so much more terrified of mages than I already am if they could track me down like that  :shock:

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 12:00:07 PM »
Actually there has been a talk about mages and scrying... LOL they can but, i don't know what is needed other then the crystal ball and clerity/clearvoience....However there is a save for the person beign scryed a DC 15 will. however I can't talk to much on it I just know a few mages that knew Monica have asked me if its okay form them to scry on her occasionally I said sure and so a few times I got tells asking for a will save.

WHich i managed to pass  so they couldn't see me [shrugs] I don't know where that section is on the forum that talks about it. ask a mage about the scrying they might know that rule better

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 02:35:06 PM »
Soooo
Could a rogue with high enough umd and a claurity spell do the same thing??  :D

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 02:36:41 PM »
Umm I do not think that is posible I'm not fully sure... I think that would take ALOT of training since rogues... "Fake it" I'll see if i can find the section about scrying

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 02:55:25 PM »
There's an old topic about just that here,

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 03:05:57 PM »
IIRC scrying is a no-no in Ravenloft for varying reasons. I think(?) Dark Lords become aware of it as soon as it's done.
: )

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 03:06:18 PM »
THank you I was having problems locating it

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 03:12:46 PM »
Please note that the team doesn't endorse player-to-player scrying. There's no real rule on this and you are not forced to respond to someone "scrying" you. It's not a NwN spell and with the "what you see is what you get" approach we take, it'd be cheesing to roleplay that.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 03:51:07 PM »
Alright THat sounds fair enough I just wasn't sure or not if there was a rule

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 11:20:46 PM »
I know it wouldn't be implemented most likely, but I remember an old scrying system that I think was used in olanders, where it would allow you to see people and their location but you couldn't hear anything they were saying, and it lasted for maybe ten seconds. It did a cut scene thing for the viewer and those being scryed on had a chance to notice it.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 11:29:59 PM »
Please note that the team doesn't endorse player-to-player scrying. There's no real rule on this and you are not forced to respond to someone "scrying" you. It's not a NwN spell and with the "what you see is what you get" approach we take, it'd be cheesing to roleplay that.

I've been on servers that had this implimented. The mage would scry, and physically move totally perfectly invisible to the person they were spying on, and it would allow them to do two things:

1. See through disguises
2. Watch Rp/Gleen info

It made me PARANOID and TERRIFIED when ever a mage was online, and there was no way to counter it. It was a terrible feeling, beyond just cheesy, it was down right unfair and imbalanced.

There are other solutions to the problem than knowing where everyone is, and we need not fear  having hubs or popular meet up spots. MC and outskirts are good for this - the thing that needs to change, that's being addressed in numerous other topics, is attitude and really immersing yourself into the setting.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.