Author Topic: Video Freezing / Stuttering  (Read 1043 times)

Corseth

• Outlander
Video Freezing / Stuttering
« on: October 08, 2014, 04:00:37 PM »
For months solid on the same settings my machine handled POTM like a beast.  However yesterday and today, for myself and a couple of people on the game suddenly we were bombarded by ridiculous freezes, 2-5 seconds in duration, just randomly whilst playing.  Turning down the graphics to lowest didn't help.  Nor did CPU affinity -2 or -1, nor did XP Compatibility mode, etc.  I have the latest drivers for my video and audio, and this happened just yesterday after a streak of great awesomeness.   This happens on 2-3 characters in entirely different regions and graphical areas.. and it also happens on my desktop as well as my laptop.   I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything just recently or perhaps something server related that may explain the sudden freezing.

Thanks.

Dumas

• Dark Power
Re: Video Freezing / Stuttering
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 04:55:46 PM »
I don't know if it's the same issue, but as of yesterday, I'm getting terrible stuttering and freezing too... seems like lag almost. Never had a problem before. My internet connection is good too... computer is only a year old pretty much. I don't get it.

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
Re: Video Freezing / Stuttering
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 08:49:42 PM »
I had the same problem yesterday.  The lag was so bad that it was basically unplayable.  My character would walk around for about a minute and then the screen would freeze and my character would appear elsewhere.  Seemed similar to severe lag.