You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Recommendations on software to use  (Read 883 times)

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
  • The mad Red Mink, eh, I mean, Monk ;)
Recommendations on software to use
« on: July 08, 2014, 02:34:54 PM »
I suppose it would be correct to say the bug bit.  Looking at software to write/design a RPG module of my own.  Perhaps commercial in the long view, but right now, for learning and personal play.  Looking at it at the moment as a "hobby", starting out.

Initial idea is an RPG format. I am looking for a program that allows for manipulation of systems to create custom crafting, attack/defense and skills.  I like the RPG format i've seen from RPG Maker VX ace, for example, but would prefer the overhead view from something like diablo 2, if that were possible.  Also, a system that allows the importation of custom illustrations is preferred. 

Of course, I'm limited by the fact I have no coding experience, which is why I am looking for programs that can be operated with the need for such.  Truth is, I don't have the time to dedicate to learning too much coding and scripting.  The aforementioned RPG Maker VX Acer looks interesting, but apparently it is restricted to a 480x640 format.  Personally, I would prefer the opportunity to utilize a larger resolution. 

I figured I'd ask here, see if anyone here has an ideas for programs to look into.

Thank you.
The "Anti-Monk". Crazy is your friend.

Rhetra'Bushion aka Rhetra, Sunshine, Petal, Spazz, "Damn, she's fast," and Her Giddiness.

-Semi-Retired-