You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: turkey banned  (Read 2303 times)

shackletr

• New to the Mists
turkey banned
« on: June 29, 2014, 07:40:31 AM »
helllo gm can you open turkey ip ?

Budly

• Dark Power
Re: turkey banned
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 08:12:23 AM »
I do not think your country is banned. Did you buy this game off GoG?

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 10:32:22 AM »
If you bought the game from GoG and are using the stock CD-key they gave you, then you'll need to request a new CD key as the default GoG one is indeed banned. See this topic: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=29010.0

If you didn't buy it from GoG and are using an unique CD key, you could ask a Dungeon Master to check if your CD key is indeed banned. See this topic for Dungeon Masters: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=1184.0

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 11:42:09 AM »
Since the official servers are down now aren't CD-Keys meaningless? The server registers the account name and CD-Key, but pretty much any CD-Key can be used or am I wrong?

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 12:03:17 PM »
Technically speaking you can connect to servers with any CD key accepted by the game itself (as you always could through direct connect). Naturally obtaining an unlicensed copy is still against the EULA as is circumventing the CD key protection system by using a forged CD key.

And yeah, servers have their own ban lists, which can be based on CD key or IP. So the CD key you use is visible to the server you connect to.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 02:06:51 PM by Exordium »

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 01:30:00 PM »
Since the official servers are down now aren't CD-Keys meaningless? The server registers the account name and CD-Key, but pretty much any CD-Key can be used or am I wrong?

No. You still need a legit key.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 12:56:47 AM »
I do not believe Barovia has any turkey, but Dementlieu is also in the game server and might have a broader assortment of poultry?

Chaoshawk

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 10:06:15 AM »
I do not believe Barovia has any turkey, but Dementlieu is also in the game server and might have a broader assortment of poultry?

I'm sure they can sprout some turkeys, if they can get Rokuman acorns  :lol:
"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."

Whistlefoot

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 06:08:26 PM »

No. You still need a legit key.

The CD Key doesn't matter, it only has to be able to install the game and run it before you can log in and play on servers, with that in mind same players using the same key could become a issue over time.

RedwizardD

• Scrollord
  • Dark Power
  • Avoid Attention - Critical Failure
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 06:15:29 PM »
For purposes of this server I am fairly certain that a legitimate unique CD-Key is necessary for how it keeps track of players. I know certain keys are banned, such as the base key from GoG.

Whistlefoot

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 04:43:11 AM »
For purposes of this server I am fairly certain that a legitimate unique CD-Key is necessary for how it keeps track of players. I know certain keys are banned, such as the base key from GoG.

It works like this, if we both have the same key and your on the server playing, I get the message "Your CD Key Is Currently In Use".

Also, the ID is nothing more then what I presume is a small piece of each key which is Unique only when two people don't use the same keys at different times to play on the server.