Author Topic: Official responses from Degannwy, the Autumn Grove  (Read 7825 times)

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
Official responses from Degannwy, the Autumn Grove
« on: June 21, 2014, 09:51:30 PM »
[The following information is shared to elves and friends of the elves who frequent the outpost.]

--~--

It is with great sorrow and a heavy heart that we lay to rest those who fell victim to the Count's human servants during their search for the kin Legos Sylvester. I know many of you feel a great many things because of this - fear, anger, hopelessness. Each of you are entitled to these things, for I feel them too, exponentially. I am responsible for safety of the Seelie and the kin who call our small outpost home, and I have failed those under our grace. Some of you question our judgement, mine in particular. It is unfortunate that ours is a predicament not understood well by those outside of our immediate circle, and I implore those seeking vengeance or justice to take the time to consider the situation and try to understand the bigger picture.

It is true that we could have resisted with force. We might have protected the lives whose grace has now escaped them. But despite actions of humans, to threaten the great and dark wolf that lies dormant within stone walls and spires to the east only brings about a greater risk to our survival in the longer term. We have a precarious position within the land, one that hangs by a thread based on neutrality and reticence. The seedling of Yggdrasil that grows under our care may very well be the answer to the great burden upon the land, but becoming a perceived force of violence will only wither that thread. We must show restraint.

Some of you gather among yourselves and discuss actions over several issues. One may be of Legos' fate, or perhaps even the thought of fighting each other. Know that such hunting is not endorsed by Degannwy and the Seelie Court. None may speak or act for Gwerydd, nor any for myself and Degannwy. I will continue to lead the Autumn Court as Marquessa, chosen by my cousins and the Seelie. I ask each of you to respect my place and your own, as well as others who visit our home. Secondly, there are some murmurings of the question of who should be permitted within our camp. I wish to remind each of you that all are welcome within, with the exception of Drow and those with bounties upon their heads. I will decide if and when we shall close our gates to the world; it is important we have them open for the lost who may need our sanctuary.

With warmth and fair winds,

-Lorelei, Marquessa of the Autumn Grove

--~--
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:07:47 PM by Bastellus »

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
Re: Official responses from Degannwy, the Autumn Grove
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 08:48:31 AM »
[The following is posted on a wall within Nant Gaerwyn, offering purpose to those who pledged their service.]

--~--

Some moons ago I asked for support from various kin who I may call upon should the need arise. They are Elves who have spent many moons with us and have shown their path to be parallel to ours:

Active scouts, hunters, and huntresses:
Natassa Ar-Feniel, Corax Ashwind, Kith Swiftrunner, Kerinae Lyrandel, Cento Lomarias.
Duties: Scouting and reporting, hunting and foraging, counsel (on matters of the hunt), standing sentinel and to protect.

Active mages and scholars:
Lorelei, Ihel'ath'Nai, Thorn, Daewyn Orle'valsa, Lomir Meladys'varilo, Valanthe Ralathanas.
Duties: Investigation and reporting, lorekeeping, counsel (on matters of magic), sharing of knowledge and talent.

Active druids and guardians:
Gwerydd, Aduial Amakiir.
Duties: Preservation of the land and wild, guidance and protection, counsel (on matters of nature), advocation and practice of wisdom and diplomacy.

Should there be any issues that do require discussing which pertain to our place here, please leave note with them and they will pass it along to Gwerydd or myself. I hope that they are recognized for their duty and the responsibility placed upon them to safeguard our small niche in this troubling land. Their words possess weight and they can advise based on their talents. Should there be others who wish to pledge themselves to our sanctuary, I would ask that they demonstrate in some way their wisdom, loyalty and sincerity over time.

Additionally, there are a few who may not be pure blood, but wish for the same things as we. Thus, we grant them the respect they deserve:

Non-elves recognized as friends to the Autumn Court:
Thorn (Serghei Ureche), Eleora Tealeaf, Yashila Swift, Ruben Blueriver.

Regardless if your name should not be among these, I ask with great modesty that none may bring trouble and danger to yourselves or to our small place here within the forest, particularly given our distance from the human town Vallaki.

Peace be upon us.

--~--
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:02:55 PM by Bastellus »

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 06:34:40 PM »

--~--

The time has come again to ask support from those among you who call this grove 'home.' As the cycles turn and seasons change, the old are lost from us. Though their memory remains, the passage left by the loss of their strength leaves Degannwy thin. To those of long-standing and goodwill within our territory, we ask your service, your counsel, your strength. These strange tidings of the creature 'White Maw' and the mysteries of the mountain range are blown grimly, and we are faced with uncertainty as to what this might mean for the greater life of Degannwy. To this uncertainty, and to this end, we must take to our charges here as they are necessary of us.

If you would volunteer to assist this grove, leave word for me.

Sharp eyes and sharp minds.

--~--

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 03:36:00 AM »
[The following is posted on a wall within Nant Gaerwyn.]

--~--

It seems both strange and fearful to consider that many of the names we once spoke of so many years ago have left us, forever. We keep a place for them in our hearts and minds, but we must continue on in this bleak world. However, not all have been lost:

Natassa Ar-Feniel, Kith Swiftrunner, Tinu Naur, Elrebril Galuin
Duties: Scouting and reporting, hunting and foraging, counsel (on matters of the hunt), standing sentinel and to protect.

Lorelei, Daewyn Orle'valsa, Beatrice
Duties: Investigation and reporting, lorekeeping, counsel (on matters of magic), sharing of knowledge and talent.

Gwerydd, Hadrian Amakiir, Saira Curuni
Duties: Preservation of the land and wild, guidance and protection, counsel (on matters of nature), advocacy and practice of wisdom and diplomacy.

Saira Curuni joins us to act as my counsel and representative for matters of diplomacy outside of the forests that surround us and has been approved to seek formation of a Circle with Gwerydd's support. I ask those who are serious to face the challenges of this burdened land to contact her and together we might do good.

Elrebril Galuin joins us with the blessing of the Autumn Grove to seek out those who might find themselves lost, displaced by the mists, forgotten, to offer these kin guidance and to bring them into the fold. To help bring about what wisdom the lessons of the old traditions might teach us, involving peaceful cultural activities.

With welcome hearts,

--~--
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 01:33:17 AM by DM Nocturne »

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 01:40:27 AM »
[The following is posted on a wall within Nant Gaerwyn underneath the notice prior.]

A meeting with kin today has proven that even with little to earn for themselves, others might pursue a purpose that helps others stay safe, and remembered. And so my notice has been amended.

Seelie's mirth,

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 02:38:25 AM »
[The following is posted on a wall within Nant Gaerwyn.]

--~--

I have learned of the division and debate within our grove.  Of elections and disputes; Questions and a lack of direction.

The path seems obscured, but I assure our kin it is not.  I'll bring all to light and answer any questions that arise in the coming days.

--~--

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 01:11:14 AM »
[The following is posted on a wall within Nant Gaerwyn and disseminated to the elves and friends of the elves who frequent the outpost.]

--~--

Our recent meeting has illuminated our path and, where some among us have had their trails diverge, others merged as we travel, together, towards the coming seasons of our kin and copse.  While many may have heavy hearts, know that I am responsible for the safety of those who call this sanctuary home.  Some will question my judgment, but I have maintained the security of this small outpost of ours along side our trusted guardians and faithful allies for all these seasons and will continue to have this my charge for many more.

My decisions are based upon experience and a loss which had wounded me deeply.  From that time, I knew that I would never again allow our discernment to be obscured.  Beyond this sanctum lies a great and dark wolf housed within stone walls that awaits to prey upon our folly.  Our reticence and prudence are paramount to our survival, a lesson hard learned from seasons of old.

Know that my edicts below, as declared publicly yesterday, are meant to ensure our safety and the proliferation of our kin:

I, Lorelei, will continue to solely lead the Autumn Court as Marquessa, anointed by my cousins and chosen of the Seelie. I ask each of you to respect my position and that of your own, as well as the visitors which frequent this sacred grove.

No one has been, or will be, designated as emissary or leader in my stead. No council will govern or advise within our copse. 

We are guardians and protectors, ensuring the safety of our people and our way of life.  We will not form armies, war councils, or military academies.  To do so would be to invite certain ruin upon us.

Degannwy will continue to be a bastion of welcomed respite to all those who respect the Autumn Court, our ways, and our home.  Because we are suspended by a precarious strand within these lands, those excluded from our sanctum are those who have violated our trust and home, those with the taint of drow bloodlines, and any criminal sought by bounty. 

The diverging and merging paths forever tangle through our shared weald and as such, I’ve updated the list of those who currently share our path:

Natassa Ar-Feniel, Kith Swiftrunner, Tinu Naur, Elrebril Galuin, Lyrithean Dana

Lorelei, Daewyn Orle'valsa, Caerylia Talan'dir

Gwerydd, Hadrian Amakiir, Saira Curuni, Eruheran
Duties: Preservation of the land and wild, guidance and protection, counsel (on matters of nature), advocacy and practice of wisdom and diplomacy.

In serenity and keen awareness,

--~--

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2022, 11:47:56 PM »
[The following is posted on a wall within Nant Gaerwyn and disseminated to the elves and friends of the elves who frequent the outpost.]

--~--

Though we have recently gathered upon this sacred ground with heads held high and keen gazes peering towards the horizon of our future seasons, I cannot simply disregard all that has transpired prior that permits us our current revelry. We and our honored kin and friends have given so much of ourselves, some even dedicating their lives, so that those of Nant Gaerwyn may know peace and serenity.  Our vigilance knows no end.  I, the Marquessa of the Autumn Grove, will do as I must to preserve our home here and forever see it as a bastion of safety for our people.  We will be the mighty oak that is unassailable even in the midst of tempests and ravaging of artic winters.

Hear my proclamation and listen with lucid awareness –

-  The foul arcanists from abroad, clad in red robes from the accursed lands of Hazlan, those who harry and threaten our kind and home shall /never/ be permitted to step foot within our sacred grove.

-  The outcasts who are the discarded ones from the walled dwellings of the humans also will find no sanctuary here.  The misshapen and corrupted would only serve to mar the beauty of our land and garner the unwanted attention of malevolent forces. 

My duty, just as the guardians of our home, is dedicated to the security of our people and preservation of our way of life.  Those that would threaten that either by their presence or malfeasance are unwelcome.

May our path forward be of that of the unwavering oak, firmly rooted in our bonds as kin, enriched in soil with the sacrifices of our past, and majestic branches and leaves reaching out towards the luminous sun of our prosperous future.

With Seelie's mirth,

--~--
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 03:17:41 PM by DM Brimstone »

DM Sinister

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2023, 03:23:13 PM »
[The following information is shared to elves and friends of the elves who frequent the outpost.]

--~--

Kin and those that we call friends, allies, acquaintances. Those that would visit our protected grove. I extend to you all a warning. I have learned that a creature of some sort has made its home in the Blightwood. A creature some are calling The Onyx.

Described to me as darkness that descends from the canopy. A spider-like beast, larger than a Vistanti caravan. It has many eyes and feelers on its face. Black like night with swirls like storm clouds as markings on its hide. It is not a creature to be taken lightly if confronted. This being is known to stalk its prey with its brood, smaller spiders with muted crimson markings.

Take care walking the twisted paths of the blightwood and do not venture alone. However, do not fear for us. The Autumn Grove is forever vigilant in its duty to hold back the Blightwood and its inhabitants.

Should you encounter this creature, send word, for the more we learn the more we can endure.

--~--

DM Sinister

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2023, 09:50:54 AM »

--~--

Kin, friends, allies.It is with urgency that I reach out to you now. Only but a few months have passed since the grove extended its warnings about the a creature making its home in the Blightwood. The Onyx. While the grove stands ever vigilant against this rising threat our warnings have become more dire and we now see those who have knowledge of this creature and its spawn. If you have faced it or its kin then your presence is requested.

I also call upon any that would consider themselves friends and allies. I call upon all those that defend the Autumn grove, those who call it home and those who we call friends. Those who would deem themselves protectors of Degannwy, I call upon thee to attend. When the sun sets six days from now a gathering will be formed. Come and share your knowledge so all that walk the woods may be better armed against this threat; but more importantly so, with deepest caution, to find the cause of this creature and put an end to the danger it presents.

In the meantime be ever careful when you walk the woodland paths. This creature and its spawn are no longer contained to the blightwood. Described as darkness that descends from the canopy. It is not a creature to be taken lightly if confronted.

--~--

[//Saturday the 25th March, 8:30pm UK time - Meeting in the Autum grove]

DM Sinister

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2023, 09:11:35 PM »

--~--

Kin and those that we call friends. It is with a heavy heart that I write this but I must stand firm in this matter. As many of you know, there are those that have become infected. We are striving everyday towards a cure and finding the one responsible. However, the person who is responsible has gone to great lengths to cover their tracks and seed distrust. It is this distrust that the enemy is working to spread and it is because of this that I have had to make such a hard and terrible decision.

From this day forth, the Archondum is banished from the Autumn Grove..

The Archondum is banished until time that a cure becomes available. While I do not make this decision lightly let is serve as a reminder that I will always put the health, safety and wellbeing of its inhabitants above all.

With warmth and fair winds on a heavy heart,

--~--

DM Sinister

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2023, 05:39:00 PM »

--~--

Kin and those that we call friends. Sometimes we say words out of anger and fear, which cut like a blade though no harm was intended. Sometimes we make decisions to protect those dearest to us and in doing so may turn away those who could have helped. The last I wrote to you all was with heavy heart and sadness but today I write with hope. The hope of friendship renewed.

Let it be known that the Archondum is no longer Banished from Degannwy.

Let us forge new friendships and heal together.

--~--
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 05:40:37 PM by DM Sinister »