You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Cooking  (Read 1448 times)

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
Cooking
« on: June 20, 2014, 03:28:40 PM »
Currently, one can cook meat or morels to make a trail ration over a campfire. This is fantastic. One of the most common things I've heard is "I wish cooking was a craft skill." And really, I do too. It would be a fun flare for RP, to gather wheat, fruits, do foraging, use herbs, so on to make things like Apple pie, Bread, mashed potatoes, soup. Whether or not these things would have the same properties as a Chicken is up for discussion. Maybe the quality of food can determine how soon your character gets hungry again, because i don't think trail rations will cut it for very long, energy wise.

And I am probably going to be torn to shreds for suggesting a new crafting system. I apologize for anyone I morel-ly offend. :D
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

Feronius

• Dark Power
Re: Cooking
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 04:17:16 PM »
Well, what about not making it an entirely new crafting system, but simply creating an alternative type of "Food Ration" as you suggested?

I don't know how difficult it is to script, but maybe you would obtain a "Package of Fresh Food" item instead when cooking something yourself?
It would effectively do the same thing as the food ration, but like you said it would take longer for the hunger to return or grants a minor buff?

With a minor buff I am thinking of something along the lines of a +1 to cold save or a +1 hp (I think one of the cantrips does that) kind of bonus.

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 05:32:10 PM »
Yeah I'd really love it if you could use Rations on a fire to open a dialogue for a few different options (perhaps each option using a different number of rations.. or a different ingredient for a different dish)

Apples > Apple Pie
Meat + Potato > Musaca

etc
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 09:24:04 PM by monsinyana »
Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 05:33:48 PM »
Or for your interest, brewing? Dun Dun DAAA
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

greeneggs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 06:19:55 PM »
That is actually a really good idea.  However yes, things would definitely have to be implemented.  I was on a server once where they had a cooking system.  But you also had to grow your own fruits and veggies too..and that lagged the server a little bit.  You could make like pies and soups and all manners of stuff. But a lot of things would have to change on the server n' stuff to do that I think.