Author Topic: Gundarakite Forum Section  (Read 1974 times)

-Rotten Fish-

• Dark Lord
  • "Getting Down With The Sickness..."
Gundarakite Forum Section
« on: April 30, 2014, 07:01:40 AM »
Suggesting this as an add-on to my topic on a Gunarakite Hub.

Can I ask that a separate forum section for Gundarakites be added please.

Just an OOC section, where we can have all the RP source material in one place, and players can post up where there character tends to spend his time at night etc. so that people can find each other better and meet up and RP.

and maybe an IC section to aid roleplay 'off the clock'. Gundarakites are said to live in tight knit communities where there's gossip and what have you.

Im aware that the Rebels have their own forum that's private, but im talking abut a public one. 
Beriszló Józsa - Gundarakite Commoner
Emanuel Lupescu - Cursed Barovian...
Hastian Vandel - "And The Dead Shall Walk..."
Konrad Kruschev - R.I.P

-Rotten Fish-

• Dark Lord
Re: Gundarakite Forum Section
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 08:34:22 AM »
Just to add, the intention of this is to help establish an existing location as a hub and for that information to be easily accessable to new characters/players.
Konrad Kruschev - R.I.P

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 09:11:56 AM »
Even though I play a Gundarakite, I find this unnecessary and think all this will do is aid in further dividing up the playerbase.
The forums are a bit of a maze as it is, this is too much of a niche. Next we will need a Barovian section, Falkovnian section, etc.

I have advocated for a generic "factions / group" section in the past, so people can simply put up their own threads for their guilds, etc.
But it was made very clear that such a thing would never be supported, for whatever reason, so I highly doubt this will go any better.

What you could do instead is create a Gundarakite-centered rumour thread in the Local Gossip forum section for the IC stuff.
And just a roll call or PC faction sort of thread in another section for the OoC organisation of things, Roleplay Discussion I'd guess?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 09:13:33 AM by Feronius »

-Rotten Fish-

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 12:31:14 PM »
Well we have a board for some theatre de la croissant and what have you. And I dont see how this idea divides the player base in the slightest. 

Personally id settle for a gundar ic bit to be stickied in whispers in the shadows and for an ooc bit to be stickied elsewhere so that said topics about where to find others doesnt get burried 5 pages back
Konrad Kruschev - R.I.P

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 12:41:16 PM »
Well we have a board for some theatre de la croissant and what have you. And I dont see how this idea divides the player base in the slightest. 

Personally id settle for a gundar ic bit to be stickied in whispers in the shadows and for an ooc bit to be stickied elsewhere so that said topics about where to find others doesnt get burried 5 pages back

The Theatre de la Cathedrale is an organized faction, hence why they have a forum. Gundarakites also have such a faction, the Gundarakite Rebels, and they too have a forum.

Giving a forum to a "native" group without cohesion makes no sense. If you give it to Gundarakites, why not Barovians, Dementlieuse (which can be further divided in rich and poor), Akiri, Sithican High Elves, Sithican Wild Elves?

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 01:36:32 PM »
Giving a forum to a "native" group without cohesion makes no sense. If you give it to Gundarakites, why not Barovians, Dementlieuse (which can be further divided in rich and poor), Akiri, Sithican High Elves, Sithican Wild Elves?

That's kind of what I meant by dividing the community. You'd eventually end up adding more and more sections and making a sub-forum for everything.
It's probably better to focus more on the dynamic between the different population groups. And on making these forums as easy to navigate as possible.

In all honesty, I still don't get why we have "Roleplay Discussion", "Server and Community" as well as the "Ravenloft Discussion" either.
Those could easily fall under one or two sections, most forums I have seen just have a general discussions area, with sometimes an off-topic or events area.
Likewise for the "Tales around the Campfire" section, pretty much anything there could be put in the "Whispers in the Shadows" or "Biographies" section.

But I digress, what it comes down to is that these forums could benefit from some streamlining and a simplified overview. Having less sections, not more.
(I honestly don't even want to imagine what the forums must look like for the project leaders who have every single one of the hidden sub-forums visible.)

All that said, I like to see people encourage more native RP. But keep in mind that a lot of Gundarakites have fundamentally different points of view though.
They're all in the same boat, but not at all on the same side. Morninglord followers and Nerull worshipping rebels couldn't be much more fundamentally different.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:40:28 PM by Feronius »

DM Stygian Witch

• Read books, not tablets!
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
  • I love Vecna more than the Morninglord!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 01:48:05 PM »
(I honestly don't even want to imagine what the forums must look like for the project leaders who have every single one of the hidden sub-forums visible.)
It can be very daunting at times.
You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis.

-Rotten Fish-

• Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 03:13:42 PM »
i think feronious is more on the money with what im trying to get at.

and that would be forum streamlining. I can quite easily make a thread for gundarakites to post their usual haunts, but unless you know its there and where it is, it gets lost pretty quickly in all the forum traffic and different yet similar sub sections and we're no better off than we were before.

any ideas for a remedy?   
Konrad Kruschev - R.I.P