Author Topic: Items across multiple characters  (Read 850 times)

DM Cataclysm

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
Items across multiple characters
« on: April 27, 2014, 09:41:54 AM »
Yesterday I ran into an issue where one of my newer characters tried to purchase an item that had crossed the path of one of my older characters and it got me thinking! I was contacted by a DM about it and returned the item, so it wasn't a big deal. But! Two of my characters have been pretty high-volume merchants, so there are a lot of items in the economy that have been in their inventory. It is somewhat difficult to track, not only in terms of the volume of sales – but because an item may be sold/traded multiple times before an alternate may stumble across it, so you may not be dealing with the same person with whom your original character interacted.

I'm not sure if this is even possible to implement, but is there a possibility to create some kind of tool or object that would allow you to examine an item and make sure it is clean for your character to purchase? While I haven't run into this before now, my merchant characters have done a ton of wheelin' and dealin' in the past year and I have some very new characters from NCW that are in the market for a lot of items (. . . and I don't want to become 'that guy' who is always running across items from his other characters!) I'm not sure if this occurs very frequently at all on the server anyway, but I thought it might be an issue for any PC merchant with alternate characters!

-Rotten Fish-

• Dark Lord
  • "Getting Down With The Sickness..."
Re: Items across multiple characters
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 11:06:25 AM »
ive also had this problem.
Beriszló Józsa - Gundarakite Commoner
Emanuel Lupescu - Cursed Barovian...
Hastian Vandel - "And The Dead Shall Walk..."
Konrad Kruschev - R.I.P