You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Sithicus -- Feedback  (Read 36421 times)

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
Re: Sithicus -- Feedback
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2014, 12:58:55 PM »
1. Sweeeet, can't wait to check it out
2. What's death to exploitation?
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2014, 01:13:16 PM »
In summation here:

1. Increased CR.

2. Fix the loot.

3. Death to exploitation. We've been very keen to study the stratagems of this select and hilarious group of people.

Prepare for an asskicking unlike any other that you've experienced if you're trying to exploit the game (in Sithicus).

Needs more capslock.

The Prophet of Misinformation

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2014, 05:48:47 PM »
In summation here:

1. Increased CR.

2. Fix the loot.

3. Death to exploitation. We've been very keen to study the stratagems of this select and hilarious group of people.

Prepare for an asskicking unlike any other that you've experienced if you're trying to exploit the game (in Sithicus).

Needs more capslock.

EXPLOITERS ARE IN FOR A WORLD OF PAIN.
"The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country than the coward who deserts in the hour of danger."
~Andrew Jackson

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2014, 08:56:51 PM »
Someone please screen/video capture the ensuing deathly/chaotic/painful/hilarious misadventures in Sithicus to come. Scarred to death to set foot there after all the stories I've heard,  :lol:

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2014, 09:46:04 PM »
Someone please screen/video capture the ensuing deathly/chaotic/painful/hilarious misadventures in Sithicus to come. Scarred to death to set foot there after all the stories I've heard,  :lol:

Really? I'm quite eager to go check it out after all I've heard... sadly, at the rate I gain exp, that probably won't be for another 2-3 years.

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2014, 10:07:00 PM »

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2014, 12:00:40 AM »
Because I am so generous and / or someone needs to pose a threat to high-level Wizards, this is a thing:

Casglu'r Tywyll (The Gathering Dark; Bastard Sword)

Damage Bonus: Divine 1d4 Damage
?????
?????
?????
Enhancement Bonus +1
On Hit Cast Spell: Lesser Spell Breach Level 1
Visual Effect: Evil

Forged as a pale imitation of the true Casglu'r Tywyll, this blade nevertheless echoes the surpassing potence of its forebear. Dark energies seethe from the blade's edge, unravelling the magical defences of its adversary as it scythes through their flesh. Like its kin, the weapon calls to its master which you surely are not. Whenever held, the blade seeks escape from your grasp, undermining your composure in battle. For all things, there is a price though you dare not fathom to what it is this blade calls.
"The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country than the coward who deserts in the hour of danger."
~Andrew Jackson

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2014, 08:32:17 AM »
Because I am so generous and / or someone needs to pose a threat to high-level Wizards, this is a thing:

Casglu'r Tywyll (The Gathering Dark; Bastard Sword)

Damage Bonus: Divine 1d4 Damage
?????
?????
?????
Enhancement Bonus +1
On Hit Cast Spell: Lesser Spell Breach Level 1
Visual Effect: Evil

Forged as a pale imitation of the true Casglu'r Tywyll, this blade nevertheless echoes the surpassing potence of its forebear. Dark energies seethe from the blade's edge, unravelling the magical defences of its adversary as it scythes through their flesh. Like its kin, the weapon calls to its master which you surely are not. Whenever held, the blade seeks escape from your grasp, undermining your composure in battle. For all things, there is a price though you dare not fathom to what it is this blade calls.

Das nice.

Now go make Greataxes.  [Shakes a fist.]

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2014, 08:45:38 AM »
Malecanth (Greataxe)

Damage Bonus: Cold 1d4 Damage
?????
?????
?????
Enhancement Bonus +2

HE whomever finds MALECANTH shall know MALECANTH and MALECANTH shall know HE.
The will of MALECANTH shall be HIS will.
The power of MALECANTH shall be HIS power.
The glory of MALECANTH shall be HIS glory.
HE who dies for MALENCANTH will live forever."

~Malencath's inscription
~Andrew Jackson

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2014, 11:19:05 AM »
Das nice.

Module needs Greataxes. 

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2014, 03:26:25 PM »
In summation here:

1. Increased CR.

2. Fix the loot.

I'm really curious as to which group and such is being spoken of, and of some supposed death exploit.  I certainly hope that it isn't the all day Saturday group I was with, because I am pretty certain there were no death bugs or exploits on our trip to hell.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2014, 04:07:11 PM »
In summation here:

1. Increased CR.

2. Fix the loot.

I'm really curious as to which group and such is being spoken of, and of some supposed death exploit.  I certainly hope that it isn't the all day Saturday group I was with, because I am pretty certain there were no death bugs or exploits on our trip to hell.

Certainly wasn't us! that would have been obvious if we somehow exploited death.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2014, 07:51:06 PM »
Das nice.

Module needs Greataxes. 

Module needs all axes. All axes neglected.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2014, 08:59:55 PM »
Yus

Where'd all the dwarven waraxes go?
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2014, 05:06:06 PM »
Well, checking sithicus again atm, the ebon warriors and salt shadows still aren't worth diddly for xp, even though they are massively op'd compared to desert trolls which are worth a ton of xp.
Mind these shadows are immune to almost everything, have amazing dr, high ac, and do an average of 30 -75 points of dmg a hit, and have an amazing ab.

I'm guessing that for sithicus to be remotely successful you need a 50 + ac, and about a 30+ to hit. . . so in earnest the spawns seemed to be geared towards buffed min/maxed fighters and not an all around group. Shadows, trees, ebon warriors, and those shadow dancing spiders all seem to do a min of 30 -80 + points of dmg, surpassing all dr from what I can tell.

No offense, but the area isn't lvl 18-20, it's more like 21-25. Now, I imagine you could do some sort of min/max power build and do well there with a cleric. Unless of course you have some sort of stellar gear which I am unaware exists in ravenloft.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 06:41:35 PM by Sudhri Noirlion »

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2014, 07:05:54 PM »
Like I said. The changes that I've made didn't appear to make it into the module. As far as the intended HD range, it's intended to be borderline epic and astonishingly difficult.

THAT SAID, changes. Including a significant buff to CR.
~Andrew Jackson

Thunor

• Outlander
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2014, 10:44:11 PM »
There are a lot of empty areas that the traveler traverses.  Seems to me there would be some wildlife given the trees and the dankness of the place.  Maybe some anacondas, some frogs...tiny salamanders.

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2014, 11:14:31 PM »
There are a lot of empty areas that the traveler traverses.  Seems to me there would be some wildlife given the trees and the dankness of the place.  Maybe some anacondas, some frogs...tiny salamanders.
Squirrels that attack in mass and nibble for 30-70 and bypass DR!

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2014, 12:51:02 PM »

Deadly rodents of normal or unusual size is more Verbrek.

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2014, 04:59:56 PM »

Good idea and subsequent "Why did that person give the Prophet such an idea?"
~Andrew Jackson

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2014, 05:07:11 PM »
Is there a Kagonesti presence in the module, or are they saved for DM use?

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2014, 10:30:15 AM »
I hope to one day be able to see more of Sithicus, I really do. But I think that even once everything is fixed cr and loot wise there that the land might still  be pretty un explorable. I love seeing the beauty of wonderfully created areas, and there are a few like the bridge in the dark with mist around on the sides and ghosts looking at you that I find creepy and awesome.
That area inspires horrifying rp , nod, nod, and gives great immersion quality. I plan on piddling around again some time, checking out the other direction and look around the castle, but I'm not going alone. For even though I am immensely curious and want to see more, know more, experience more, I see no reason to risk permaing my char just for the exploring of aesthetics and wanting to see an area that is hyped up to be gloriously beautiful, yet I imagine that maybe only a handful of people will ever actually see, and even when seen they might see about ten to twenty areas and nothing more.
I'm not trying to get down on any one or anything, and certainly hope I don't come across that way. I love the idea of a super challenging area, as far as dungeons and such go. But, I feel that my point is, if hardly anyone can see or do anything in an entire land then there is absolutely no point in it being around. Especially if one has to build their characters a certain way just to wander around. It's at that point that rp builds (such as my monk sudhri) who love to explore, rp, be a merchant, and more become utterly useless in the scheme of things and people become forced to forgo the aspects which make their chars them in order to try and make a new char that can handle the area in order to just get a glimpse of it.
I've done a few test builds, even with min maxed monks, and there is no way one will reach a 50 ac unbuffed or have an ab over 23, and from my limited experience in the lands of sithicus you need a 54+ ac and an ab of 32+.  I can see an rdd fighter with improved expertise fully buffed, based in str, with fully enchanted gear, possibly doing well there once buffed and hopefully not dispelled. I can see sorcs with high cha with time stop, missile storm and sun burst, doing well there. I can't see clerics doing well there as we noted half of their spells wont effect the creatures. The most useful spell noted was undeathes eternal foe which gives the group a very limited but amazing boost.

I would perhaps surmise that a group with two high level bards, two high level sorcs, two or three high level clerics, three to four fighters, and two rogues would be ideal. I would count that every one in the group should most likely be about lvl 17 +, and will have to be extremely weary of huge mobs once they get past the city, if they get past those nasty spiders, which is a challenge on a good day (love the spiders those pain in the neck things :D).

On a different note, would it be possible for any of these creatures to drop alchemy reagents or herbalism components? The trees some super sap where it's 1 for 1 on greater barkskin creation, or since they are super old dear trees fossilized tree sap for stone skin potions?
The shadows are worse than zalph, so how about some of that utter dark shadow residue?
Some sort of super poison or a better pelt than the ebon for the spiders? They are super shadow dancers.
Just tossing some things out there for that.
I certainly look forward to more exploration of sithicus as time goes on, though it will be at one area at a time, I doubt I will ever do an all day romp again just to try and look around as it stands right now. Most likely hit one screen further with a large high level group and then retreat, and so forth. Having to spend actually rl hours at a time just to progress four to five screens is a bit ridiculous, especially when it's not even in an actual dungeon unless the whole land is meant to be one glorious hard core dungeon and not there for people to learn the history, creepy beauty, and so forth of the land.

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2014, 10:37:16 AM »
I hope to one day be able to see more of Sithicus, I really do. But I think that even once everything is fixed cr and loot wise there that the land might still  be pretty un explorable. I love seeing the beauty of wonderfully created areas, and there are a few like the bridge in the dark with mist around on the sides and ghosts looking at you that I find creepy and awesome.
That area inspires horrifying rp , nod, nod, and gives great immersion quality. I plan on piddling around again some time, checking out the other direction and look around the castle, but I'm not going alone. For even though I am immensely curious and want to see more, know more, experience more, I see no reason to risk permaing my char just for the exploring of aesthetics and wanting to see an area that is hyped up to be gloriously beautiful, yet I imagine that maybe only a handful of people will ever actually see, and even when seen they might see about ten to twenty areas and nothing more.
I'm not trying to get down on any one or anything, and certainly hope I don't come across that way. I love the idea of a super challenging area, as far as dungeons and such go. But, I feel that my point is, if hardly anyone can see or do anything in an entire land then there is absolutely no point in it being around. Especially if one has to build their characters a certain way just to wander around. It's at that point that rp builds (such as my monk sudhri) who love to explore, rp, be a merchant, and more become utterly useless in the scheme of things and people become forced to forgo the aspects which make their chars them in order to try and make a new char that can handle the area in order to just get a glimpse of it.
I've done a few test builds, even with min maxed monks, and there is no way one will reach a 50 ac unbuffed or have an ab over 23, and from my limited experience in the lands of sithicus you need a 54+ ac and an ab of 32+.  I can see an rdd fighter with improved expertise fully buffed, based in str, with fully enchanted gear, possibly doing well there once buffed and hopefully not dispelled. I can see sorcs with high cha with time stop, missile storm and sun burst, doing well there. I can't see clerics doing well there as we noted half of their spells wont effect the creatures. The most useful spell noted was undeathes eternal foe which gives the group a very limited but amazing boost.

I would perhaps surmise that a group with two high level bards, two high level sorcs, two or three high level clerics, three to four fighters, and two rogues would be ideal. I would count that every one in the group should most likely be about lvl 17 +, and will have to be extremely weary of huge mobs once they get past the city, if they get past those nasty spiders, which is a challenge on a good day (love the spiders those pain in the neck things :D).

On a different note, would it be possible for any of these creatures to drop alchemy reagents or herbalism components? The trees some super sap where it's 1 for 1 on greater barkskin creation, or since they are super old dear trees fossilized tree sap for stone skin potions?
The shadows are worse than zalph, so how about some of that utter dark shadow residue?
Some sort of super poison or a better pelt than the ebon for the spiders? They are super shadow dancers.
Just tossing some things out there for that.
I certainly look forward to more exploration of sithicus as time goes on, though it will be at one area at a time, I doubt I will ever do an all day romp again just to try and look around as it stands right now. Most likely hit one screen further with a large high level group and then retreat, and so forth. Having to spend actually rl hours at a time just to progress four to five screens is a bit ridiculous, especially when it's not even in an actual dungeon unless the whole land is meant to be one glorious hard core dungeon and not there for people to learn the history, creepy beauty, and so forth of the land.
:clap: :thumbup:

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2014, 04:40:29 PM »
That's a valid point and I will admit it is likely detracting from explor-ability. What I'm going to do is turn off spawns (in newbie-friendly areas) during the day. So you have plenty of time to muck around.
~Andrew Jackson

MJ_Johansson

• Dark Lord
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2014, 05:33:27 PM »
<3's that idea!
"Let love guide you, not fear."