Author Topic: A Lamordian's Ledger  (Read 7115 times)

Elfric

• Dark Power
A Lamordian's Ledger
« on: April 09, 2014, 04:23:04 PM »

Character name: Ludwig Rudolph Lafranchi
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Home Town:  Neufurchtenburg, Lamordia.
Hair: Long curls, wheat blonde
Height: 5'8"
Color Eyes: Robin blue
Color Skin:  Fair skinned
Speaks: Lamordian, Darkonese, Falkovian, common
Distinctive characteristics: Scar on the back of his left hand, musket shot lodged in the right shoulder, missing pinky on right hand.

This is a story about a man named Ludwig.

Ludwig was born and raised along side his elder brother Oscar in the settlement of Neufurchtenburg. Their father was a moderately successful industrialist and alchemist, while their mother quietly handled the family's finances. The two were mainly home schooled for the majority of their youth, until they came of age and set out to learn a craft. Despite growing up together, the brothers were as different as summer and winter.  Oscar was a tall and muscular man built like an ox and highly charismatic, while Ludwig was short, wiry, and soft spoken.

These traits ended up defining the boys far greater then one could imagine.  When word was sent from Dementlieu that Ambassadors from Lamordia were assassinated by Falkovian spies and that war was declared, the two left home to do the unthinkable; Joining a small band of mercenaries. Before the news came Oscar was already a member of the Neufurchtenburg militia, while Ludwig was apprenticing to be a clockmaker under their father. Once more their traits defined their roles in life, Oscar became a Sergeant with the Mercenaries that sided with the four towers, while little Ludwig became a messenger.

It was that task which spared Ludwig's life from a bloody skirmish near the Jewel box Lakes. The company of Mercenaries were guarding a small township along side the common enlisted peasants of Dementlieu when a legion of Falkovians swooped onto the town.  It was rumored that when the townspeople realized the battle was lost a Lamordian came out to surrender to the Falkovians, only to be cut down by them and the town was set to the torch. The fate of his brother has given Ludwig a burning hatred for Falkovian Soldiers, which causes him to be ill rational and hot tempered around them.

When the war was over Ludwig returned to the small town to collect his brothers remains and packed them in a dark blue box for the trip back home. The streets were spotted with friends and family that mourned for Oscar in the week they returned home.  Ludwig became even more secluded and even cut off ties to his family, thus giving up on the family trade to take up a wagon pulled by a horse in order to wander the country as a trader.

Little did he know the strife and turmoil of his life was over as he was whisked away in his sleep by the mists that seem to bind the world. When he awoke in Barovia, he simply collected his thoughts and adjusted himself to the land. That is to say until he met Falkovian agents, one of which he bashed over the head with a rock in such an uncivilized manner even the Falkovians were alarmed. It was in this land he committed his first killing of  a human being, despite being self defense he fell into a depression.

He picked himself up the next day and purchased himself an ox from the local stable to trade with the other towns, just as he did back home.  This wasn't a sign he had gotten over killing the man, but merely a way to block it out. That is how he encountered the infamous Red Vardo Traders, which this was an occurrence that would shape him into the man he is today. Many thrilling adventures and heroics over the course of half a year was a fantastic and horrifying distraction from reality, one that all too soon came crashing down around him as he received a letter from his Aunt and Uncle back home.

He disappeared in Lamordia for spell to deal with his inheritance and upon returning to see his old friends again, discovered they too have left the RVT. All of them have stayed connected yet separated by their own paths in life, majority of which got married. The Adventures still continue despite such circumstances and fun times were had by all. Yet the Lamordian mindset groaned at the idea of this and he decided to become a licensed consultant with the Gendarme in Port-a-Lucine strictly to have a profession where his skills from adventuring could be used most.

The months went by, case after case he did his best to aid his clients. All seemed to be going smoothly with his new profession as he was becoming a moderately popular figure for his humbleness. Yet in the end one case caused him to bite off more then he could chew. The case seemed normal enough with an escaped criminal on the loose but soon turned into a conspiracy. His actions during this time caused his license to be revoked under rather dubious reasons. The truth of which is known only to Ludwig, for he remains alone.

He became a rather skilled alchemist since his departure from Port-a-Lucine due to a cover up. He traveled Core to learn of exotic reagents, locations of a goldmine of research, and the most hidden and jealously guarded secret of any alchemist; Gunpowder.  He even obtained an assistant by luck and a close call with the Vallaki guards. Little did he know the spiraling events were to unfold because of this mousy elf that he started to take a shine to. She lead him down an even grimmer path of vampires, shadowy deeds, the dirty laundry of a series of people, and a hunt worthy of song.

Yet one could ask why he did it, which he would state for love.  In his heart though, he knew it was true, but that was not the other thing.  He did so out of love for another, and the selfish act of not wanting to be alone after tasting the forbidden fruit that is pure blissful happiness, the very thing he sought after the war believing it could heal his wrecked mind. The companionship goes beyond physical due to the trauma and dangers he's suffered along side her, all brought on by her and those that used her for their own twisted purposes.

~Theme~

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqH01B6BQiM[/youtube]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 12:14:35 AM by Elfric »

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Elfric

• Dark Power

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Elfric

• Dark Power
Re: A Consultant's Ledger
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 06:08:45 PM »
So it appears the half-woman, Renee, has been arrested and imprisoned for good. I should inquire to the actual crime, and now I feel dirty for accepting money from her but what can one do?

[A report to the Gendarme appears to be glued int the journal page. It appears to be a few months old due to the date]

Due to not being able to meet up with you in person, Inspector, I've decided to write my report concerning the previous kidnapping of Renee. It turns out the reason of her kidnapping lead to her imprisonment for breaking into the Laurant Estate. Damien Laurant, head of the Laurant family for some time now, is a practitioner of the necromantic arts. Evidence of such can be provided by a warranted search of the Estate, for behind one of the bookshelves is a secret passage that leads into what is best described as ritual chamber.

I questioned Madam Laurant about Renee's break in and something struck me as odd. When I mentioned about how she was seen boarding the carriage bound to the estate with the Halfing, she did not feint ignorance nor said i was mistaken. When pressed further she became distraught and that is when I was confronted with the horrible sight of her husband. What little I could see of the man due to his thick clothing was raw muscle and sever burns along with his entire left arm appearing to be nothing but bone. Yet it was fully functional as he gripped my head and pulled toward the roaring fireplace. He gave me a message to inform any who are involved with Renee; "I'm coming for all of you for what you've done, I was to make this city great. Because you foiled my plans, I shall kill you all".

Likely he is referring to the incident that occurred during the opera, of which yourself shall remember.  Recently Renee had an encounter with  Mister Laurant and appeared to have caused several burns inflicted onto her, yet not as life threatening dangerous as the ones he himself carries. I fear  Mister Laurant's burns are proof enough that he is held together by foul , and this pains me to the very core, magic of the necromantic arts. Which I remind you, your very country has banned on pain of death.  It appears to me that Misses Laurant is how would you say, blissfully hopeful that she can bring her husband's mind from the brink of insanity. Yet it given my discussion with her, she appears to be know of his studies but remains ignorant to their occurrence  out of love for him.

She wishes to make a deal and get him out of the city, away from everyone to start a life in isolation. I fear given what he's become, the only rational and safe thing to do for the danger involved is sentience to death. Due to not wishing to over step my boundaries as a consultant for the Port-a-Lucine Gendarme, I shall leave it to you for the actual arrest and shall assist if you see it as required.

P.S.

As to the matter of that gossip paper, L.E.C.T., I noticed the print is from the presses in the dock district. Giving it's specificly targeting of the Laurants, clues point to Renee as the writer. This  passive aggression in the eyes of the public does not get her anywhere.

12,000 Gluttons for payment.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 04:44:09 PM by Elfric »

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 08:45:18 PM »
"A woman with skin as dark as ebony contacted me a week or so back. She wished for me to find out her anciestrial tree. It seemed like a joke to me, giving that's work of a historian then a detective. Sadly it wasn't and I elaborated further only to find out she is from a land called Faerun. Faerun. Faerun. Faerun. That piece of land keeps coming up for all these people, people who insist is exist in a different "plane" to the core. I fear giving how this madam carried herself and wished for me to do, that everyone from this unknown continent that ends up here is just stark raving mad. She promised millions of gold as payment but I am not a man of fortune and glory, I am far more humbler then that. So I refused the case. . .

....I do hope I gain a more stable client soon enough."

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 09:02:11 PM »
[A piece of paper seems to be tucked between two pages in the journal]

[On very fine embroidered stationary reads the following:

"You have been cordially invited to visit the wife of Councilor Dominic d'Honaire, Comtesse Louise Girod, at her sumptuous estate on the eve of the 2nd of May. Please dress appropriately for the occasion. Refreshments will be served at an open bar, with wine from the finest vineyards in Dementlieu being offered to those present."

The invitation smells of fresh fruit.]

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 04:43:52 PM »
Minor private case for Valeria Levski issued and solved. - 4000 solars.

The Gendarme finally sent over the case file  I requested and there are a number of queer occurances in it. Paragraphs blacked out entirely, seperate and unconnected instances, trials completely missing from the files. All of the records involving this man have only one real thing in common. Maurice d'Honaire.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:48:33 PM by Elfric »

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 05:07:03 PM »
Greeted with a surprising turn of events in the early morning. Alanik Ray sent his friend and assistant, Arthur Sedgwick of Mordent, to fetch a "Irksome Lamordian" and Miss Sheridan. Leaving details out for the sake any stray Lamordian speaking person finds this, which isn't as doubtful as one may think giving the youth of our land travel here to "find themselves". We spoke about how this burned man ties in with the d'Honaire family and why he was sentenced despite the crimes not matching up in any way or form, which either points to what Ray suspects as innocents or a mental illness. Either way he knows something about the death of the former d'Honaire Counciler before Dominic's rise to power. If that didn't stick of political assassination and a fall man, then I'm a roasted turkey.

There was also another strange occurrence which is possibly happening once more, people of the down trotted are disappearing. Sheridan mentioned some man-harlot known as the Gentleman Caller might be doing "something" with Black Pieter, who he himself is certainly involved seeing as he freed the burned face man. The three of us did our best to come up with ideas but only that, yet I fear some may be over-analyzing the situation.  If anything something is certain to occur at the Councilor's ball, it's too convenient in the given time frame of the man's escape.  Moments after we realized the fact of all this, Mister Ray was called away and nearly assassinated.

The windows of the library, which would of been superior to cover the square and give a clean shot along with an escape route was not shooter's location. Instead it was the Governor's hotel, which is starting to feel rather unsafe with all the criminal activity about that place. Sheridan ran off inside and in a few minutes I did as well, finding her losing a fight with the assassin. Few stabs in the back later and that problem was solved. I've collected the assassin's personal effects, one being a rather common pistol and the others rare Borcan and Dementlieus short swords.

Two thing bother me. One is the assassin's eyes were glossed over and  she was grinning from ear to ear. Practically giddy from the violence. The second is how the assassin made such a shot with a simple pistol from that distance, unlike the others I'm extremely familiar with firearms and their workings. If they wished to make such a shot, it would have been better to use a musket rifle. It is beyond the human skill to make such a shot and I fear this assassin had rather supernatural assistance with taking the shot.  If it wasn't for my upbringing, I'd of strip searched the body for any marks. Something is nagging at me that this body will mysteriously disappear or be restricted by the Gendarme.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 05:11:03 PM by Elfric »

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 04:55:45 AM »
Sithicus, never again.

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 09:08:43 AM »
So the game is afoot with this manipulator of men. The party was uneventful say for when our hosts graciously  decided to show themselves, only for it to end abruptly with the incarceration of Lillianne de Moreau. My fellow de
The twins were nearly arrested which would give away to the fact they were not invited, which would cause an even greater case against them as party crasher or worse if they came armed. Valeria has been recieving threats and even been attacked by a mysterious stalker who seems to have two more targets. All affiliated with Lillianne de Moreau in some way, and now it's been said she has  escaped from the asylum. I hope no one is in danger.

That is not a pressing matter to me, not the hardest at least. Valeria wa                                                        

He's now trying to have my license revoked but I will not allow it, I will not stoop to his level for what he has done to her. Nor will I bend for whatever purpose he wants me to.

Note: Meet with a framer for two paintings, both keepsakes.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:16:58 AM by Elfric »

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 09:17:50 AM »

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 06:26:26 PM »
It's all ruined, everything. I travel to parts familiar to try and recuperate from the corruption that is Port-a-Lucine and I am unsure if I will return. The last four remaining works of Valeria go with me and shall be secure wiithin my family crypt. While I plan to have it open, I shall say with my Aunt and Uncle.

All cases thus far are closed, for I am no longer licensed. Dominic d'Honaire, with whatever power he controls over the government, has won a battle I did not know I was fighting in. He killed Valeria, I know it but there's nothing I can do. He controls the Lord-Governor and the Gendarme.

But he doesn't control me.

The case is closed, no payment say for my life.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 06:23:57 PM by Elfric »

Elfric

• Dark Power
Re: A Lamordian's Ledger
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 08:13:25 PM »
Her painting are rather disturbing things, unfit for any but the insane to look upon. They are at least safe and secure where no one can find them.  What shall I do now, return to Port-a-Lucine?

Unlicensed, criminal record, and women seem to disappear or die whenever I even get an interest in them.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 06:24:42 PM by Elfric »

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 06:32:04 PM »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 06:27:00 PM by Elfric »

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 10:24:13 PM »
I ventured with a group of. I'm not sure what to call them. We set out to kill the Aboleth that was causing all the trouble in Port-a-Lucine and along the coast of Dementlieu. Why there were so many and why they were of no true help is beyond me. That lucille should of been more careful in planning. Ezrite Warden in plate armor, opening mocking at my advice for him to wear something different due to the fact people tend to drown. Two Gendarme who be it was far more useful then the Ezrite. Then of course her assistant, Milly. If there was ever a reason to distrust Arcainist, those two would be very good evidence.  
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,................................................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,....................................................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.....................................

More disturbing news as of late is the Aboleth isn't dead. It merely Both this Jaques and Lucille think they have the memories of the Aboleth inside them. Jaques is clearly a a dead man for it, but Lucille?
What those two spoke of I fear the worse if they were allowed to live, continue research, and follow through with it's knowledge. I've already saw this once before with the stones. Sadly the memories were of no use to me, for my father's name doesn't ring a bell to them. It could be a lie, but at this point? I shouldn't care.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKlYEMHVFow[/youtube]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 02:50:12 PM by Elfric »

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2014, 02:44:04 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z1ghGXsMl8[/youtube]

A few  things have occurred since I last written in this book.  I'm uncertain if I should write them down but it may be for the best.  
Both matter are of importance, but only one of them is an intimidate threat.  Somehow the works of 'The Brother's Gleam", two famous Lamordians that penned the works of several Folktales around the core into one book, have been killing or kidnapping children in the night. I did not believe it at first and simply amused the book burner, but once a man a thing, showed up and spoke to us about the book that all dread stories originate from.  I don't know what to make of this, but my jest proved to be of some use. My new companion, Rue and I were to meet with the Kinship at a private Library in Port-a-lucine.  We were ahead of scheduled, as not wishing to be late, and found the door unlocked. Assuming that Halfling was already there, we entered but found no one.

So we browsed for a few hours.

Eventually we met an Archivist named "Hare", be it in terrible circumstances for he was hiding. Watching us. I merely lured him out with a hallowed threat, and he wasn't pleased by it. He knew of the information we sought but we decided to wait for everyone to gather in order to tell it. The information was rather a rather helpful insight into how it worked, and what to expect. It's location on the other lead us all around the University not far from the Library.  It was there I found what has befallen my dear friend, Quinn Mazefell. I promised to put an end to it for his sake, personally.

I just hope that I'm the one who gets to the creature, the Kinship is foolish to think it can be reversed.  Merely because it's a friend, doesn't mean special treatment. Those who venture into tombs and caverns don't seek out to cure the cursed, merely to plunder. The kinship is now different.

Note for previous entry: Lucille obtained a title in Port, and is somehow a professor. No doubt thanks to her employer from the Council. She still need to be dealt with, and I understand the morality of killing a human but to call her such? I beg to differ.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 01:20:13 PM by Elfric »

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 12:01:34 AM »
...Midway appears to be near a burial ground with an excess of slime spewing forth from it. I really hope that whatever Terg king may be buried there, he didn't request a river of acidic slime to be in his burial chamber.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:06:54 PM by Elfric »

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2014, 10:54:53 PM »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z1ghGXsMl8[/youtube]

Last week it was brought to my attention that foul smelling creature, presumably of the grave, was stalking my companion. Due to not having any exact information on the creature she described we traveled to Port-a-Lucine to meet with Hare.
I had experience with such a creature in Port-a-Lucine, formerly it was the Theater's creative director who had gone insane. She sought any who were involved with Constance and died by the hands of a former lover. Thank to  Erudite study hall, and Hare's expert knowledge we  managed to narrow it down even more.  Hare gave us a rather rare and exotic item from Forlorn to deal with the creature, as we were unsure if our recent tools could do the work.

We watched and waited for signs of the thing for days.

When he was finally spotted by Rue, we tracked him to the crypts below the Morning Lord temple in the western edge of Vallaki. We descended into the dank crypt, met with the undead slowly marching towards the steps upward. The path we took after the scrap was ill chosen as it was strung with the recently reanimated corpses of children. I was barely able to calm Rue down at the sigh of them, it didn't help I wished to flee as well. Children, of all things whatever is raising the dead, why did it chose children? She was too unnerved by the sight, so she departed as I took the other path to check the lower levels alone.

The entire time I was down there, it felt like I was being watched by everything. The undead that laid silent on the ground made an unsettling sound as they crushed beneath my boots. Sure enough the feeling of being watched was correct, to my dismay. I found the creature I was seeking, but as soon as I spotted the thing, it took flight and ran from me. When I came out of the crypt my own nerves were shaken due to the close encounter. That night I would face it again.

My dear companion saw through it's enchanted shroud and the hunt was on. We roamed the surrounding area and checked the tombs in the graveyard. Luck was on our side and we found it.  He was hiding behind the tombs the local Militants uses to deposit dead criminals. It seems the creature was merely a mortal man, for my weapon sliced his flesh with no ill effect say for drawing blood.

It became a he, and he could very well be a necromancer due to never straying far from the dead. Near the fight's finish he fled out of the graveyard, using the twisted thickets to lose us. He's now in hiding and whatever he's plotting to do must be stopped. I'm afraid for Rue, due to him wishing to do things to her.

She might hate that heroic idea of saving her from whatever he has in store for her.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:59:47 PM by Elfric »

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 01:56:03 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_F2zDZ1UsA&index=25&list=PL5C894E719DEECEB2[/youtube]

Last night was grueling, painful, and brought us beyond our physical limits. The Priestess of Ra [or I should say wrath[ Tali, Keldon the Brigand, Rue, and I ventured to the sands of Har Akir and met with surprising resistance inside the temple of harvest. It seemed to be an easy task at first but as we went from room to room, we witnessed the dangers that were behind each door as soon as it opened.  The real trouble started when I could not recall, for I had
Eventually we made head way to the final chamber, due to the abundance of undead we lost Rue and Keldon to them for a time. It became a fight of attrition after that, Tali and I lured as few as we could out of the chamber and destroyed them on the step above.

We fell to exhaustion but helped one another back up and ran, only to come back fully rejuvenated to strike once more.  When i was huddled into a corner, clinging to the very idea of life itself, my mind drifted to what started my path in the first place; The War. All  I could do was desperately load and fire my crossbow to support Tali, getting in a few good shots that disrupted the creature's chants.  We refused to leave the people we care for behind, and so we fought on until we prevailed. When they were both finally brought back to life I couldn't I don't recall much after that, say for embracing Rue. My body and mind were far to tired to focus on anything.

All I really recall is that Tali, Priestess of Ra, is a force that I'm glad to call a friend and in regards to a soldier's mindset, a sister in battle.

Some reason, there's a decaying head in my pack wearing a fancy Har'akir styled  crown.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 02:19:32 PM by Elfric »

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 03:29:13 PM »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg[/youtube]

Five days, only five days. Curse myself for doing good and regretting it. -She- came for Rue in the cell we were held in and she did things such a creature described shouldn't be protected against. She focused solely on Rue, despite the biating, goating, and harrasshing. Even standing in the way of her, Sabel's mother, tried to break away from me fighting her to get to Rue. I will admit, Sabel made very fine wood to be burned in her crumbled tower.  In the end I don't even wish to recount what was forced on my dearest Rue, how she welcomed the undead harlot. What I witnessed,  I cannot..

I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot I cannot.

Rue, I'll give you that cabin. You won't be alone, I promised.
Sabel, I wish for you to rot for eternity. Parasite.

What cruel fate damns a man who fights for the light, so others do not bare witness to the horrible truth?
I understand now why the arrogant wizard and pussy-cat were scared refusing to do the right thing.
They remain the begrudging pawns of that Queen because they're allowed to live as slaves, and are happily content with it.
The disgusting cowards who claim to wield such great power.

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, 10:42:26 AM »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lpfWF4owSI[/youtube]

I cannot..

... Be angry, or spiteful for what she done to save me. Honestly, if I had to do it so she would be saved then i would. Two days have passed and it seems like all of that was a waking nightmare to me, even now my hands still shake as I write this.
That doesn't change the fact I made promises to her in case we live

She said yes.

It's like my old teacher said. There's no such thing as a painless lesson-they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:57:20 AM by Elfric »

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2014, 10:58:06 AM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daTOl2B-1fw[/youtube]

Slowly it seems the both of us are recovering from the events just a few days ago. I have no doubt Rue's indifference and cold attitude stems from the parasite within her, but maybe I should doubt that. I met her in a time where she was weak and vulnerable, and like a stray cat shown a bit of kindness, she attached herself to me. It's odd reflecting on such a short time, far more shorter for her mind possibly, that we've come this far. I feel the urge to train, to gather my strength to exercise, drill, and march forth once more into the breach. My own mind may be able to cope and manage with everything that has happen with a proper hunt.

I hear that manipulative little beret wearing gossiper is a Vampyre now, at least I don't have to be nice to her any longer while she passive aggressively assaults everyone.  
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:59:39 AM by Elfric »

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 03:15:57 PM »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ooZmplzKIg[/youtube]

It's been far too long since I've last written, seems to be a common trend for me. All these things one after another, always vampyres or a friends death. Ideas creep into my skull like the sun's rays did to Damien Laurent's.
I find myself in Port-a-Lucine once more, the same old song and dance thanks to the past.  Alanik Ray was furious with being dismissed from a case, again , but I expect it from that man. He's still a sharp enough tact to realize it's the same song and dance as last we met.

Leander has become what his wife was, a vampyre.
Quinn has passed on, my last friend from an old life I put behind me.
Rue is slowly becoming cold, no thanks to the parasite and the events that are unfolding.
I've started to become numb to all the deaths, what's my excuse?

Monica, the poor forfarian woman, broke down over Quinn's death while her friend stood idly by in a cheery mood. We comfort her as best we could, calmed her with flowery words. Rue was always good with those, I'm far too blunt nowadays. The soldier is back, the poor lamordian boy is dead.  I suppose that's how I continue marching on with all these horrible things happing, it's just another war. The only difference is the enemy is a parasite that feeds of humanity.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 01:21:51 PM by Elfric »

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 12:07:36 PM »
   The vampire that sired Damien Laurent, Renee, and Leander Hoppy has been destroyed. Rue did a favor for an old friend of mine, and he in turn aided us. He trailed and watched the residence of where the Vampire and it's kind rested while we prepared for the encounter. We don't know exactly what happened but the vampires captured him and brought him to their sire. Rue managed to carefully get inside while I stepped on a rotten plank, luckily it's thralls were too dim to even care. Thanks to an ether soaked rag, we managed to indispose the thralls guarding the home.

Once they were asleep, we searched the place for hidden passages and managed to find one behind a bookshelf. There was one book out of place, foreign to all the others in language and content, a book on a particular demon, and sure enough it was the lever that moved the bookcase.  Slowly we descended into the dank caverns below, finding many things in our path. One being my former father, of which I destroyed the parasite with quintessence.  The second thing in our way was the vampire's children, armed and ready for us. They used wights to support their ever thinning numbers but in the end we Rue lasted out as I fell to darkness.

We were wounded from the previous fight and has we managed to lick our wounds, our kidnapped friend showed up with his own.  I checked him for bites and cleaned his wounds, laying him to rest as we continued on. The rather large and open cavern gave way to twists and turns before we came to their resting place. It appeared to be an old temple dedicated to the demon from the book upstairs, a theory which our friend confirmed.  Leander was in the middle of the chamber, using his magic to hold back his sire as Rue and I staked her children. It wasn't long until she arrived and forced Leander under her control, he used all his will power not to do as she commanded. I managed to hack her down and Rue stone to fleshed her sarcophagus. We staked her and ripped the coffin of flesh apart, finally ending it.

The friend of ours gave a reward for saving him, a pair of Parthian rapier. Rue was fascinated by the weapon, then I taught her how to use it. She gleefully executed the criminals that roamed the docks with it.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2b3aZQvOI8[/youtube]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:04:10 PM by Elfric »

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2014, 09:57:24 PM »
There once was a black and white stripped cat. This cat died a million deaths, revived & lived a million lives, and he was owned by various people who he really didn't care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. Then one day the cat became a stray cat which meant he was free. He met a female cat of a similar coat and the two of them spent their days together happily. Well, years passed & the white cat grew weak & died of old age. The tiger-striped cat cried a million times, & then he died too. Except this time, he didn't come back to life.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH0YukDYkXU[/youtube]

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2014, 10:20:54 PM »
Sarunielle, my dearest Sarunielle. If you could see me now after physically hearing the news of your death from Zephyr, you would hate me. I forgot myself when started beating on him, it took a while for me to remember. Remember that you didn't want this for all of us, to fight among ourselves. There is no excuse for my actions last night and I regret them. Leander now knows of your passing and he shall seek out to exact vengeance in your name because he has nothing, he is nothing. Entering the Kinship without the smell of your cooking make it almost unbearable to even be in there, and I'm sure others feel the same way. Keldon is right that I'm acting selfishly, everyone you touched that knows of your death is going through the stages.  So I've decided to do my best for you and try to join the Kinship, along with seeing that they will honor a widow's wish and make you a remember again. We need to gather for a funeral in your name soon, it's just a matter of everyone showing up to speak on it. Wherever your body may lie or your spirit lingers, you must know everyone loves you.

I'll see you in the county, Rue.
Only when it snows.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUZeSYsU0Uk&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 06:31:52 PM by Elfric »