Author Topic: ❣ Gwenn: Kinloch's Hold ❣  (Read 5793 times)

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
Her Journal - Fifteen
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2015, 07:46:14 AM »
[At the desk in her room at the Lady's Rest, Gwenn writes.]

Quote from: Gwenn's Journal
I had to leave Port-a-Lucine much earlier than I planned. I was so afraid... if Artorias has not been there, protecting me, I fear I would have died in that room.

So many creatures, abominations, shadows given form and dead things reanimated. They climbed over the walls, into my room! I worry that they will come here and kill me. I have to be prepared. I have to be stronger.

I hope that Toma is alright. I did not see him again in Port-a-Lucine. I wonder if he was led away by one thing or another. If I see him again, I'll be sure to ask.

Gwenn, unwitting apostate, a mage by the Maker's hand.

emptyanima

• Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
Her Journal - Sixteen
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2015, 06:03:45 AM »
[Curled up on the cushions in the Mist Camp tent, Gwenn writes.]

Isn't it a sad, strange state of affairs when the one you find yourself returning to, is one made you flee at your first meeting? It is so for myself and Toma. I can't believe he's a year younger than me - he's seen much, I can tell, and there's a knowing wisdom in his words. Though he did give me more plum brandy than I can manage, but he handled me like a gentleman, from what I remember.

He's leading some sort of mercenary company at present - he wanted me to join. I've been without direction for a long time. Perhaps this is mine?

I ought to speak with him again. Perhaps he'll have decided against it with some thought.

emptyanima

• Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
Her Journal - Seventeen
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2015, 08:29:43 AM »
It was inevitable really, I suppose. I'm not sure what it is about mercenaries that gets to me, or if it's even anything to do with that at all. Perhaps its the directness, the firmness in his words. His confidence bleeds into all his words, but he's not gruff. On the contrary, there's a sensitivity about him, a gentleness that I would not have expected that is a quiet but certain part of his character.

I suppose, what I am really saying, is that Barovians are not ignorant in all things. Maker's breath, on the contrary.

I'm in no mood to question the sense of it right now. I am free now. Free to make mistakes, to drink, laugh and be merry. To enjoy what life offers me.

Yes, I am far too happy to be sensible. And I think that's perfectly fine, thank you very much.

emptyanima

• Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
Re: ❣ Gwenn: Kinloch's Hold ❣
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2016, 11:36:38 AM »
((Bump for safeguard.))