Author Topic: Notices posted around the western part of Old Svalich Road  (Read 872 times)

Dread

• Dark Power
Notices posted around the western part of Old Svalich Road
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:58:06 AM »
[Several handwritten notices can be seen pasted on various trees along the road leading between Vallaki and what was once the boyardom of the Zeklos family and now stands as Raduta. They read as follows:]

I am Renée Bellamy, born and raised in the city of Port-a-Lucine, the enlightened capital of the Serene Republic of Dementlieu. You are probably wondering as to why I am in Barovia, and what the purpose of this notice is.

Normally, I would keep to the affairs of my countrymen and my companions. However, it appears that my very existence has become threatened by depraved men and women whose penchant for cruelty and violence transcends borders and any sane and rational being’s sense of understanding. I speak, of course, of the so-called ‘Church’ of the wicked fiend named Nerull, also known as Erlin and the ‘Gloom King’.

Despite their cult generally operating hundreds of leagues away, they have on numerous occasions traveled by way of the Vistani to perform their acts of murder and torture abroad. They have kidnapped friends of mine, they have maimed others, and they have taken the lives of those both close to me and far. I know of several of their members, and many of them travel between Barovia and Dementlieu, likely performing evil in the latter and traveling back to report to their superiors in the former.

I have decided – since they do not seem to hold any respect for my home, I shall remove them from theirs. As I have told others, the best way to remove a weed from a garden is to rip it out from the soil by the root. To this end, I have begun to put into motion plans and strategems designed to destroy this vile cult both in Barovia and back home, by killing it at its source.

Take heed, villains! So long as I draw breath, I will remain your adversary. Never again shall you take a child’s life and offer it up to the debased god you serve. Never again shall you take a person against their will and have them tortured nonstop. Never again will you step foot in Port-a-Lucine, to use as either a place of asylum or a hunting ground.

This I swear, with Ezra and the whole of the Core as my witness.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: Notices posted around the western part of Old Svalich Road
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 09:36:53 AM »
[On one of the notices, someone has written in blood: "Should of ended you there."]
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan