Author Topic: Low spawns suck  (Read 2868 times)

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
Low spawns suck
« on: February 23, 2014, 10:52:11 PM »
Just starting this thread because once again, an evening of hopeful dungeoning was ruined by a reset that dropped everything to low spawns. Can we please look at getting the numbers tweaked a bit to get dungeons up to a reasonable level more often? It feels like an eternity since I've actually been to a dungeon that was a challenge.
: )

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
Re: Low spawns suck
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 05:40:26 AM »
This.
Delete Me.

Meriana

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 04:56:04 PM »
I like the general idea of spawn levels... But resets are disruptive to the general idea :|

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 10:19:12 PM »
Keep it with a degree of uncertainty....  have the initial spawn rates randomly set between 25% and 75%

Sage - When stories come to life

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 11:04:47 PM »
I can say there's very definitely something still wrong with spawns in variable caves. Went into a few and they were completely empty, and nobody'd had time to visit them yet as the server had only recently crashed.

Vaesi

• Outlander
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 09:54:15 PM »
No statistics on my end, but I'll voice that it has seemed like all spawns are non-existant a lot or super low.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 03:38:33 AM »
Max spawn. All the time. Refreshing every ig hour, especially if you're IN the dungeon. Also randomly rocks should fall and kill everyone.

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 03:47:35 AM »
Resets aren't supposed to affect the population strengths. If they do, there's a bug somewhere, but what I find equally likely is that people flock dungeons after a reset. Hence, the dungeon spawns lower soon after.

If you can pinpoint the dungeons that have gotten, with reasonable certainty, their spawn rates lowered immediatelly after a reset, I think that'd be helpful.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:51:07 AM by Exordium »

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 04:01:42 AM »
Resets aren't supposed to affect the population strengths. If they do, there's a bug somewhere, but what I find equally likely is that people flock dungeons after a reset. Hence, the dungeon spawns lower soon after.

If you can pinpoint the dungeons that have gotten, with reasonable certainty, their spawn rates lowered immediatelly after a reset, I think that'd be helpful.

After resets the spawn often changes. It either goes down, or maxes out. As an example, recently after a reset, after I had been purposely keeping the Vallaki sewers low spawn so I could farm herbs easier, the server came back up and the sewer was at absolutely max spawn where every single spawnable rat was a were-rat.

People typically don't complain because it's a dungeon lottery. Sometimes you get maxed out spawns, sometimes the spawn drops.

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 04:18:26 AM »
Hmm, interesting!

There is a small chance that a creature population blooms or crashes within a very short time period, which is meant to bring some dynanism and surprises to the spawn levels. So sometimes a dungeon population can go from low to high despite being cleared recently, or from high to low despite not having been cleared in some time.

Regardless, if this does often happen right after a reset, I do think there's the possibility of a bug in the system.

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 09:59:21 AM »
If you've cleared half a dungeon the system will likely set the dungeon to 50% next time you enter after reset making it look like it's been decreased

swbf2lord

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 11:43:59 AM »
Often times crashes, rarely resets, will max out spawns in dungeons.

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 04:44:16 AM »
Hmm, interesting!

There is a small chance that a creature population blooms or crashes within a very short time period, which is meant to bring some dynanism and surprises to the spawn levels. So sometimes a dungeon population can go from low to high despite being cleared recently, or from high to low despite not having been cleared in some time.

Regardless, if this does often happen right after a reset, I do think there's the possibility of a bug in the system.

My issue, is that the dynanism is trending towards  'everything is always at a crap spawn. ' 

:/

I would prefer predictability, or at this point in the servers age, a  ' if you are less than level 10, and enter this dungeon, you're fooked' approach. 

Rather than a  ' YES WE HAVE ARRIVED AT PERFI...  dus.. ?  Is that. . Is that a vrolock where the pitfiend is supposed to be?  Alright everyone, go home, nothing to see here... "
Delete Me.

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 04:45:27 AM »
Oh, and I'm not a grinder, just fyi. I spend most of my time in RP, but that doesnt mean I don't want to have my characters advance and stand a chance, when the big bad antagonists reign fire on my head. 
Delete Me.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 06:43:38 AM »
I like the general idea of spawn levels... But resets are disruptive to the general idea :|

Yes I think its a neat mechanic to show that a population of something can be decreased by adventurous visits to their homes and dungeons! :)

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 09:47:54 AM »
I discovered an error with storing power and setup between resets for variable spawn caves - I've tried to fix it in the upcoming update but didn't put it in the changelog as it's not an issue I could reproduce locally.

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 01:48:15 PM »
Could we address the the overall low spawn rates of the server?  Either we've got too many people dungeoning, or something is wrong. It's all too common, and it's taking alot of the fun out of adventuring, because it doesnt accomplish much of anything. 
Delete Me.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 03:24:44 PM »
Once again an @vote reset has set the spawns in dungeons to absolute minimum!