Author Topic: Blessed Succor dungeon.  (Read 3631 times)

FullMoon

• Undead Master
Blessed Succor dungeon.
« on: February 21, 2014, 06:58:07 PM »
I apologize in advance if this thread is in the wrong spot.

Earlier I did the Blessed Succor and not for the first time we were unable to access a few areas that require "special keys" . I have been unable to find any player who knows if these special keys even exist and the prior dungeon where you get the key for this one seems to offer no clues either. As it stands now the rewards for the dungeon are pretty poor but one wonders if the big rewards are behind these special key doors.
If anyone can tell me if clues exist and/or maybe offer a nundge in the right direction of finding the clues I would appreciate it.

It is of course possible that these keys do not exist in which case it would be nice to know that too.

Full Moon

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
Re: Blessed Succor dungeon.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 07:00:22 PM »
They exist, I'm fairly sure. 

Badelaire

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 07:00:40 PM »
They exist, right under your nose so to speak if you're in the VoB. Be warned, one of the areas you get one can be a little long and tedious, it's one-way and needs someone with good search. In the Blessed Succor dungeon itself is one of the keys you need to open many doors in it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 07:03:41 PM by Badelaire »

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 10:56:41 PM »
Ahh yes, the dungeon more commonly known as "corpse dump".

If you don't feel like putting the time into it, you're not missing a whole lot. The loot is bad and XP is meh. The zombie part is really the better part of the dungeon for xp. I once convinced people to help me get the key and run it with me, we got no loot and the XP for most of it was real bad,  and the group said screw this during the final parts of the vault or whatever it's called.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 03:55:46 PM »

If you don't feel like putting the time into it, you're not missing a whole lot. The loot is bad and XP is meh. The zombie part is really the better part of the dungeon for xp. I once convinced people to help me get the key and run it with me, we got no loot and the XP for most of it was real bad,  and the group said screw this during the final parts of the vault or whatever it's called.
You know, if you had given proper feedback on this it would have been fixed a long time ago. :P

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 04:00:28 PM »

You know, if you had given proper feedback on this it would have been fixed a long time ago. :P

For srs.  The dungeon needs improvement. :P  It's claimed the spot of "that dungeon nobody wants to do."  It takes almost all afternoon to complete, and for little reward.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 04:40:41 PM »

Probably because no one's done the Village ML dungeon due to the dungeon where you get the key not being run either. People used to complain about the key dungeon not rewarding loot/xp vs the risk, and not much has been changed. Honestly, most of the dungeons around Village are really bad about loot. I made a list of them though and my general experiences with them and will go post them in the appropriate forum.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 02:31:00 AM »

Probably because no one's done the Village ML dungeon due to the dungeon where you get the key not being run either. People used to complain about the key dungeon not rewarding loot/xp vs the risk, and not much has been changed. Honestly, most of the dungeons around Village are really bad about loot. I made a list of them though and my general experiences with them and will go post them in the appropriate forum.

People have complained about it but never gave specifics. Kind of hard to fix something so big without knowing the exact problem spots.

Anyway, thanks for doing that. My next big project is to overhaul the Village areas, and that includes fixing the dungeons.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 10:20:35 AM »
I was writing up a big thing, but after showing it to Legion he pointed out that it's not constructive enough. Most of it have been my experiences from over a year or two ago when I did the dungeons at lower levels on Zach. So I'm going to see if I can get some groups together and run every dungeon in the Village area. I'm assuming the area is the level 10-15 range, is this right Blue?

So far the list looks like this:
Ants
Skeletal knights
well
ML crypt
Werewolves
Blasphemes
Were-foxes
Lysaga hill
ML graveyard
swamp
forest fane
That new dungeon in an abandoned house, I haven't run it yet.

Have I missed anything?

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 01:08:19 PM »
There's a variable cave in the rolling hills as well!
: )

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 03:39:38 PM »
I was writing up a big thing, but after showing it to Legion he pointed out that it's not constructive enough. Most of it have been my experiences from over a year or two ago when I did the dungeons at lower levels on Zach. So I'm going to see if I can get some groups together and run every dungeon in the Village area. I'm assuming the area is the level 10-15 range, is this right Blue?

So far the list looks like this:
Ants 5-12
Skeletal knights 6-13. Not enough variety in spawns here either. Deadly traps and mundane items even with Lords as the mobs.
well -Only seen this on max spawn. didnt grant exp above 12 considering the difficulty and mass amounts of mobs. Loot worse then ML crypts in barovia and its monotonous. The previous hidden information that made it interesting story wise also appears to be missing after searching it top to bottom with a 60+ search pcs
ML crypt (blessec succor under temple) 6-14. Super long dungeon and thats if you have all the keys. Been recently with several pcs for rp information hunting . Though appears you cant find certain books nor can you get items for translation to know what players have done in the past or attempt to follow in their foot steps.

Werewolves 5-12 (assuming the werewolf cave)
Blasphemes (wererats) 8-15. Another dungeon that feels its just the same through out. Theres no hints about the story either with full completion
Were-foxes. These are very hard for a mob that stops granting exp at lv 8. They cast stone skin, fire shield and a few other spells. You would need a mage -higher- then them to deal with dispels so your melee can hit them
Lysaga hill- top or bottom? Bottom can be a challenge for 18+ now. Hammer of the gods spam. fear. Confusion. HIgh ab mobs from Perfidus guarding the hag. Variety is nice
but the loot there has always been dismal for the challenge is presents.
ML graveyard 4-8 unless you run into the devil in the hidden part.
swamp up to 14-15. One few dungeons that has enough variety to keep you on your toes. Though that treasure chest new spawns anything decent unless absolute maxed. Usualy just masterwork items. Be nice if you could find like a book on the moon men for their presence
forest fane 7-16
That new dungeon in an abandoned house, I haven't run it yet. 8-14 . Not tried this one enough times with various classes

Have I missed anything?

sorry bit lazy on my part

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 01:35:07 PM »
Being yelled at by Legion to not post this.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 01:50:41 PM by Norture »

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 03:00:47 PM »
Being yelled at by Legion to not post this.

WHAT DID YOU DO
: )