You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: A gem under a pile of grim- Kukri Mi-Laho  (Read 3526 times)

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
A gem under a pile of grim- Kukri Mi-Laho
« on: July 30, 2006, 01:52:34 AM »
Its hot here in Calimport. My skin has always been tanned and covered in dirt, little would they know that im actually fairly pale under all that grim. Good thing, the men love the fair skinned elf. Their breasts full and their lips crimson, the blond maiden of the island of Evermeet are popular whores in this city. Owned by many crimelord and rich merchants.

But not me, my skin is dark and my nails are broken, my hair are of the raven and my chest flatten melts with my visible ribs. I dont eat a lot.. i eat what i find, what is given. I take a lots of things but beware if i dont bring them back to the Boss. He made it clear.. no one is to steal from him, if you belong to him, dont you even dare steal yourself. So many girls did that mistake, one after the other they sliced their wrists with pieces of shattered mirrors. My mother was one of them. She couldnt anymore. Beated,  battered, dirtied.. she wanted to end it all and she wanted to take me with her.

Our life is eternal and eternity will be even longer for us, she said. We are slave, we are items. She took the shard and sliced my wrists, then her own and we waited. She took me in her arms and holded me,  singing softly in the language of my parents, one that i did not spoke then. I closed my eyes against the chest of the woman that had given birth to me and .. nothing.

The men had found us and brought us to the healer who took care of our wounds. I dont quite remember it all, but when i felt better, they took my mother away and i never saw her again. Never really mattered, she had doomed me to a even worst fate by her foolishness in trying to escape. They dragged me in front of the Boss and removed my rag, throwing me at his feet where he proceded to show me the true face of pain. The whip cracked over my back over and over again, the healer kept casting the magic to keep me awake and breathing as the Boss kept slicing my flesh like it was soft butter.

Pain. That was all i felt. No anger, no sadness or anything else. Just the cold pain that was my life. Cheryl, one of the whore, took me and brought me back to my pile of mulch and spoke to me with the finger language that us rats had made up.
[Tomorow you will leave. We have prepared evrything for you to run and run longer. We will all run and you will be hidden. Meet us in Neverwinter.]

I nodded in delusion, pain taking over my mind i recall the girls dressing me up and putting in my hand potions that they had stolen themself. They all started running.. different directions and me.. well me i did what was told to my usual and i ran. Guzzling the potions one after the other, i found myself invisible then my feet picked up a speed that was unknowned to me. Little did i knew that behind me i was leaving a blood bath of whores and thiefs, why did they gave themself up for me? I will never know. The big tree from Degannwy said that sometimes certains are better left to the spirits.

I like it here in Barovia, evryday i see long faces and dirty cloths. I made something of myself. I dont need to steal or hide or fear anymore. I make cloths, i make people happy and i gossip my little elven butt off like a rich noble woman.

I know remorse. i know regrets. I will always miss you Zecht and love you from the bottom of my little heart, You showed me who i was and the beauty of life. I am not angry that you took your chance in the mists. Maybe one day i will meet you again and you will be proud of your Kukri.

Kukri Mi-Laho
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 09:09:56 AM by Styr »

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
Re: A gem under a pile of grim- Kukri Mi-Laho
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 04:37:15 PM »
Dark is the night here in Barovia, even darker then back in Calimport.. Cold and empty as all the villagers stays inside at night, huddled in fear. Makes it harder to steal from them, breaking and entering was thing of the past for me but i still enjoyed a little stroll unnoticed, the leathers i worked on so hard are perfect for the job. If i had had those before, how easily  i could have made the Boss happy..

A guard walks by.. i croutch behind a trashcan and hold my breath, only the feather of my hat is moved by the wind but silent, he walks by and dosnt even notice me. Very good i tell myself.

Now to work.. i skip between alleys and empty streets, a large bag over my shoulder like a catburglar. Nothing in here was illegal, but its where it was going that pretty much is. Down in the sewers i go, shoving the large and soft bag ahead of me before diving myself into the smelly tunnels. Quick and agile i make my path to the Drain, the center of it all where spawn and calibans gather for a insipid drink.  I adjust my hood over my face and enters, keeping to the walls and shadows, hoping none of the creatures would see me. Crawler's door is wide open as usual but i close it as soon as i slip in his shop.

His large mouth widdens into something of a smile and even faster then i am to run he corners me against the wall, his putrid breath in my face, panting and wheezing like the disgusting beast he is. "Elven flower.. whatcha bring Crawler.. hmm?" He has no eyes for the bag I dropped to the ground, his bubbly eyes and slimy hands all over me, gropping and eyeing everything they could. Swift in answer I jam a dagger between his legs, the blade pressing menacingly against his monstrous parts. "Mister Crawler.. back off if you please. Yes?* If he could have flew he would have, jumping a few feets away from me and my silver blade "Yes maam.. corse maam.. whatcha bring pitifull Crawler maam?" His bubbly eyes were down to a yellow sliver as he snags the bag from its spot then runs throught it inventorying its content. *hmhm.. cloths, leathers.. boots.. cloaks.. its good maam..but what about the scrolls? You said you would bring the magic paper..*
The little caliban isnt half the fool he pretends he is, that i know. From my pocket i pull a few scraps of papers, basic spells on it, ones that could be usefull to them. Light, Escape, Invisible etc etc.. I shake them in his face and grins *Whatcha got for me then mister Crawler?* The frog like creature throws her a large purse, clinging with dirty money, but money was money and there was much more in this then the pile of junk was worth, but tailoring was bad business lately, Zecht was back and competition was ferocious.

Zecht.. that mere name was enough to make her frown, her who was usually so smiling and happy. Now she was cold and immaterial nearly, emotions were lost to her for those five years without him, only hope had helped her throught the tough times. Now he had killed that hope without a smile, without a kiss, without a care. She felt numb for a long time but now she felt anger, deception, hartred. She was an elf without being one but deep inside she could feel the empty spot he had left her. Elfs mates for life even if they are not brought up that way and she would feel it forever.

Behind her, her new mate was standing, kissing her neck gently as she finished her business with Crawler who turned away in disgust.. what was he doing with an elf.. a top sider dweller.. even if she came here.. bleh..gross he thought while going throught the spells and junk she had brought, Yeah.. elfs are usefull but so very ugly..

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 12:47:50 PM »
I wake up from my reverie, sitting under the tree that drank so much blood during the past years. Whipping, mutilations, beatings.. The guards enjoyed this little spot where everyone could see their rage, their fury, their anger and power.. Everyone feared them. Now Marcus is gone and we have peace.. funny how there is even less violent crimes since he went mad, no wonder now but eh..

In my dream i remember my last night in Calimport, the screams of my mother in the dark. I dont know how she died but i remember her screams. One thing i had not made out that night but here in the dark under this tree of pain i remember. My name, my true name that only she knew in her heart. Now i remember.

I bath in this afterglow of a breakup, enjoying a feeling of peace in my darkness. The shadows of the dead tree wrapping around me like long motherlike tendrils. I am a shadow, i am darkness and yet i do not feel it as the others. Always on the fence between good and evil i will never understand the love for the kill... Lies, i did feel good when i sliced that b*tch's throat over and over again until she didnt moved. I felt amazing when my words forced that stupid drow to pierce herself with her own blade.. But is this what i truly desire for my life? I felt empowered by the power of my words and of my new found shadow form. Justanu taught me and i took in the learning and now i have no need for him anymore. He wanted to hear thoses words from me and i said them. Without emotion without care, when he left i was smilling inside but that disturbing feeling of needles in my heart bothered me. Maybe that be why i tried to hold him back a bit longer but his own darkness was disgusting me. His words were painfull but true i knew better. I was dangerously leaning toward the darker side of the shadow and i couldnt let that happen..

I have blood on this tailor's hands and it makes dirty stains on clothes.. *Why clothes.. no money in there* Said Julia to me one night. No money, maybe.. but there is satisfaction that i used to find in stealing for my boss without the risk of getting caught. Still.. shinny things catch my eyes and i cant resist, many clients find their jewels missing after i come into their personal space. They will never know it was me.. who would suspect.. the tailor..

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 02:50:34 PM »
I thought i had touched heaven and i was proved wrong when the illusion of first love shattered my innocence. There is no hell in the heart, only grief and self pity.
I thought i had touched hell when my frail body was shredded by the barbed whip of my broken childhood and again i was proved wrong as my flesh is ripped from me by the well designed device. This.. was much better

Madison cries in a corner over her own fate, knowing that mine would be hers again soon as he finishes his experiement, lesson, hobby, whatever it is. The whore calls out my name but it is my mother that i hear, squealing my true name over and over again, in harmony with the whip cracking, in harmony with my own screams of pain. I find Pain and Pleasure in my name, the soft whisper of my lover as we mate, the memory of my mother's screams.
Now if only i could find such extreme in pleasure..

A century of slavery gave me little time for philosophy but here in my freedom i think over the purpose of life. I want to feel alive, even here as my precious crimson vitae flows from my desecrated organs. I want to live. Just to get a glimps of the promised heavens and feel.

I hear nothing, it is dark and cold.. Suddently in the bright and soothing light i hear my name shouted by a familiar voice.. over.. and over.. and over.. And suddently...

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 03:04:41 AM »
I adjust my hat and enter the dirty bar like i own the place. Only way to be in a dirty and rotten place like this. The shady patrons turns from their drink and observe the out of place elf that just walked in. She looked like an elf.. smelled like an elf and definitly had that gracefull walk to it..the fancy hat hide her ears but they all could see that outlander wasnt human.
Nonetheless i couldnt be that out of place, in my dark and dirty leather and my attitude to boot a native in the gonnads if he tried anything. Who was i kidding, i obviously lost it. The anti sparkle, the darkness.. i didnt even felt like it anymore. How strange did things turned out, as soon as i tried myself at what i was born to do i was thrown back, rejected and humiliated. Ah.. the humiliation was the last thing on my mind.. for now revenge and focus were all i could think of.

I notice the man i came to see, sitting at his dirty table and the tools of his trade around him, he already had a few drinks and i observes his hands carefully for signs of a shake. Satisfied i sit at his table and before he can refuse to work on me i throw a full purse on this lap. More money than he has ever held and he nods as quickly as the gold disapeared in his pocket. "Whatcha want lill gurl? Marty can do whatavar ya want.." The old man's back teeth smiles at me who try to dismiss a movement of disgust and i hold out my hand to him. "Marty can do a ring of flower..?" I ask on a insolent tone and tracing the line around my wrist where once a red shackle helded me back into my past.. the ink is faded, my skin has been chewed by the critters Vicho dropped on me for his amusement.

Marty look at me for a moment trying to figure if i was joking or not "Lill gurl wants flowers eh? Marty likes lill gurls like ya.. all soft and peachy.." Marty carresses my hand for a moment trying to get a reaction out of me of mayhaps out of himself but the moment pass and he dips his tool into the ink like it never happened. I lock my gaze on a stain on the table and without a twitch or a grunt i let the dirty human tattoo my arm again, painfull to some but to me it felt like an itch i couldnt scratch. An hour pass and he carefully adds in the color to the flowers, red and blue to cover the remants of my past and soon a ring of simple flowers circle my wrist.

Symbol of love, symbol of freedom i nhay know but that night i left Tigan's rest with wings at my heels and the wind at my back. Ever toward the futur for the past was done and over with...

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 11:04:19 PM »
//Nice stuff Julie.. :thumbup: I enjoyed my read, which is rare when I usually read another PC's bio.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 12:13:20 AM »
//thankies.. thats what i usually do during my mindless and wastefull hours at work.. then my co workers thinks im insane >.>

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 08:39:21 AM »
// i found myself with Sion in the Monastery of the Silver threads, wonderfull area filled with emotions and mistery, i hope something move in there soon, its a great zone//

I close my eyes here in this empty monastery. I know not what god was worshiped, good or evil but in the end does it matter? I boil for blood at the same time my heart is at peace. I hear the wind blow throught the old walls, a bunch of spirits have gathered to hear me sing a song of darkness, a song of fear.. the song of the night. Sion and I have taken it as our own for each of its words represents us. Our life into the shadow and light, a balance not always perfect that makes us the elfs that we are. Singing, dancing, killing, tailoring: all things that allows me to express myself in art and passion, hartred. All things that makes who i am the Kukri that i am.

I have met an old friend, together we shared words of a time of my life i thought forgoten, when the light above my head was none and my feet deep into the sewage. I crawled along filth and calibans, tieflings, for the pure pleasure of being there then i would go take my place back at the Blue Water, two time, two face. Shadow and light.

This Kukri is lost into a worpool of emotions and experience. I need to focus and find out who i truely am. The noble wannabe or the failure as a criminal. Maybe there is another answer.. somewhere, between the thin line of shadow and light.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
Saying goodbye
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 10:53:54 AM »
My feet stops a moment, the dirt of the road flutters around my boots and i look back toward the horizon, there the mighty city of grey stares back at me as an accusing finger. I regret nothing i tell myself. I have touched heaven and hell like no one else, like i never thought possible. I have felt and lived all there was to live in this life, now maybe i can.. live truely. My head is full of projects, my bag filled with Zecht's books. I will make the world know of his talent, of his amazing prowess, so no one ever forgets the great tailor and writer, Zecht the party elf, the necromancer, my Zechty.

Sion pulls on my hand gently, his voice brings me back to reality. "Miriel..?" He ask softly. I turn to him and smiles, for a moment i see the visage of my mother, but her screams have quieted, her dirty outfit of whore is a gown of silk and gold and she smiles to me like a mother to a child. "Miriel.." She says but again it is Sion that speaks to me. "Do you regret anything sugar dumpling?" He says on a playfull tone, but i can feel that he truely fear my answer. "No kitten pie.. just so many memories.. its hard to let go." He pulls me to him and holds me a moment, our souls touching each other at each moment since we made our vows, we can feel.. we are each other. Never had i felt such thing before and it helped me made the decison. "Elianis..i regret nothing.." Never will we use our names of tools again, our names of weapons, murder and thief. We are leaving everything behind. In her room at the Blue Water i left Madison something just for her, i know her life will be harsh, she will need it until she decides that freedom is not that far. Only she has the power to free herself. My friends, my foes.. no.. i have no such things. I am leaving them all behind, people that crossed my life, my little time in Barovia. My flesh will remember always, so will my mind.

I let go of Sion a moment and pet the panther at his side, trying to hide my tears in her fur. "It is a long way to Sithicus, we should pick up the pace.." He says to me and i nod. I pick up my heavy bag again and we walk together. Side by side as it should be. In my mind i keep seeing the taroka card the vistani woman pulled for me. Have i truely become a benevolant being.. a caring being? Me who my hands are stained in blood and shit.. i gave up any kind of chance to power by chosing my elf. Maybe i truely am, Zecht would laugh i am certain. Rasthice would agree, in a twisted manner.

I lift my hat and free my hair into the wind of the valley and tosses it toward the chasm. "Good bye Barovia! Good Bye Kukri.. Good Bye Sion!" The hat flies into the wind a moment, the feather waving us good bye in return.

Kukri Mi-Laho, from her real name Miriel Mi-Laho, Rat, thief, apprentice of magic, demon handler, shadow dancer, bard. An amazing and talented Tailor.

Begins at Chaotic Neutral, became Chaotic Evil, Ends at Chaotic Good.
Sometimes, Ravenloft dosnt always win.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 11:26:30 PM by Nefensis »

Mordred

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 11:21:24 PM »
In my pocket i carry the taroka card the vistani woman gave me.
A small note for consitancy, they don't give out those cards  :twisted:
Perhaps the image is burned into your mind; I can provide the description of the card if desired.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 08:26:14 PM »
I made a little arrangement of screenies, Kukri's life. I have quite a few missing, when Zecht stopped playing back in June i got rid of my folder figuring Kukri wasnt coming back but here they are.

Ah a forbiden love, Kukri and her dealings with the Drain and its inhabitants led to some fun rp.

Kukri turns a long forgoten chore into a mean of beauty and bewildement

Eh that was me being silly around halloween, the screenie dosnt show how really awesome she looked

Yeah i know Kukri was amazing

My greatest achievement.. pwned a powerfull NPC, created SO much troubles ^.^

More shadow dance

Ah and the grand moment, kukri and her soul mate finally tie the knot

Sion logged in one day and him and i were dumbfounded on how related our char were on the background level, same mentality and way of life. Some asked me why i decided to shelve Kukri, well i think its because it was the best solution and decision. Sometimes we just cant win but Kukri and Sion won in a way.

hey who knows she might come back some day ^.^ You damn brown leather wearer.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 08:06:59 PM »
hey who knows she might come back some day ^.^ You damn brown leather wearer

The mists gathers around the two elves, a strange wind rises around them, screetching into their ears and so strong that they have to hold hands to not get blowned away. The look in his eyes, his hand slipping, Miri'el hears the man's voice once last time before she is blowed back unto the Svalich road unconscious.. As she tries to follow the road again, an invisible wall stops her.. back in Barovia, Soth is ravaging Degannwy. She glances back toward the road she just walked.. "..are you fecking with me.." She mumurs to herself as she pulls up her hood and retraces her steps..

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 09:01:01 PM »
http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=5907.0

Figured it was time for a fresh sheet as Kukri change so does her story.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 01:09:59 PM »
*bumping for safeguard*