You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: The Book of Za'am  (Read 24920 times)

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
  • The Red Academy of Hazlan
Re: The Book of Za'am
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2019, 08:05:43 PM »
[A folded letter slipped inside the journal]

Dear Master Za'am,

I'm writing to inform you of an incident in the Vallaki area that you should be made aware of, as it could effect the Academy.  There is a mysterious, armored man demanding that a Red Wizard be delivered to him. I observed him slaying a few in the western outskirts, and the gossipers speculate that he is either some sort of construct, undead, or a demon.  As a result, a man, in an effort to bargain for his own life, agreed to bring a Red Wizard to the being. He was last seen trying to enlist others to help him seek out a Red Wizard.  I myself had an encounter with the being. Through conversation, he implied that the Red Wizard that he seeks is a woman and that she is hiding among those in the Vallaki area.  He also made it seem that he would escalate the violence in Vallaki until the female Red Wizard is delivered.  He also said that he would somehow know if she is near, as if there is some magical or special connection between itself and the wizard.

I hope this information is of service to you,
Sincerely,
Z.S.

Nazara Xethos - "House Za'am is as contagious as Lycanthropy. Get afflicted."

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2019, 04:15:39 PM »
Entry 87

A chance encounter with a fellow countryman revealed additional evidence. Marcus of House Sepret hailing from Sly’var, no relation to Zola it seems.
This polite young man of reputable mulan descent professes to be a merchant and traveler.  He revealed to me an unexpected tidbit of information.

A beast of stitched corpse flesh has been rampaging throughout the Vallaki countryside. This abomination has been demanding the presence of a “Red Wizard”. Curious that within one week I received two reports of matching similarity.

Perhaps an investigation is required. It has been some time since these old feet have travelled abroad.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:17:38 PM by Alternate Account »

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2019, 01:04:49 AM »
Entry 88

Ahh Barovia…. Just as I remembered it, cold, wet and ugly.

Halvor has aided me greatly in the search for the beast. It seems it has a name, Husk.
Mumed did the beast no favors in its creation. The poor child is simply scared, alone and angry.

Seems my parental duties will not be as easy as I had hoped. I must save my grandson!

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2019, 08:25:39 PM »
Entry 89

I have found him. He is powerful and beautiful. We are going home!

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2019, 12:39:09 PM »
Entry 90

Expedition ; El-Koth Ruined City and the Hive Pillar Part 5

If my associates at the academy where to claim this past foray into the depths was a disaster I would be hard pressed to disagree with them. I have in a single day lost my son, Fennox and my grandson, Menhtolo, an absolute disaster.

The mercenaries selected by Halvor proved surprisingly capable. I have instructed him to keep contact with them incase their talents are required in the future.

The disc previously acquired served a secondary function as a compass. It led our expedition several leagues through brackish water filled tunnels and caverns. The vermin encountered where easily dispatched by Halvor’s guards.

As expected and indicated by the map-relief on the Black Stone, we discovered a colossal cavern located several miles beneath the city of Toyalis. It was larger in dimension than I would ever have imagined a subterranean void possible to support.

What I witnessed within the cavern astounded and frightened me all at once. A city! I witnessed towers, minarets, temples and all other manner of structures possessing titanic dimensions and architecture incomprehensible to mortal imagination. 

We discovered a lightless metropolis, age worn by countless millennia standing with integrity and strength defiant against time and the elements. Fantastical machinery and advance technical devices littered the grand avenue and adjoining streets. Strange angles and undulating curves adorned the buildings suggesting alien and inhuman construction. The level of sophistication and the technological achievements of this ancient race left even the most worldly and educated of our expedition speechless.

Thankfully, this great city was vacant. Nothing left of it's once great citizens. A dead empty place.

With little delay the compass guided us to our destination. A great tower of black metal positioned in the center of this alien city, standing as the center piece of this cavern like the central cog of a wagon wheel. The streets, canals and avenues radiated out from the tower with planned precision and deliberate design. I am grateful this race no longer claims dominion over Halzan. Under the rule of such a powerful species, humanity (mulan) would certainly find themselves enslaved and oppressed.

Preceding some problem solving I was able to utilize two ancient devices near the tower’s gate to gain entrance into the tower. Unfortunately the disc-compass was consumed in the process.

Once within the tower we encountered several traps of advanced design requiring logic and guile to disarm. Halvor’s warriors dispatched several guardian machines of exceedingly cruel lethality. It was at this event that I lost sight of my grandson. The probability of his survival is in doubt.

Finally we achieved the center of the tower and what at this time I am naming the “Hive Pillar”. Three of us, Fennox, Halvor and I approached the pillar. I observed the construction to be of black metal similar to the tower, possibly adamantine.  I measured the dimensions to be roughly 100 meters in height with a 20 meters diameter. Each end of the pillar terminated in a cylindrical point. Glyphs and runes where observed running vertical along the pillar. Neither Halvor, Fennox nor myself where able to decipher the inscription. The pillar was suspended in midair as it was held in levitation over an open central pit. Electricity ran over the surface of the pillar. The electricity seems to either be a source of the pillar's fuel or a static byproduct of someone unknown function.

The pillar spoke to me. Not with auditory language but telepathy. It spoke with one voice, like a vibration of pictures and emotions within my mind. It beckoned me to join them, to touch the electrical surface of the stone. It promised immortality, ultimate knowledge, wisdom and memories of the collected hive mind of the “El-Koth”. It was immediately made known to me that the "Hive Pillar" serves as the collective race-memory repository of the El-Koth.

Despite the lure of such a grand promises my instincts warned against such a trap. I refused.
Unfortunately Fennox choose otherwise. He is now gone. His physical form consumed in an instant resulting in nothing more than black ash.

Preceding the disintegration of my son, in what could only be described as fatherly rage and desperation I released a ninth circle innovation spell upon the structure, despite my most lethal attack, the spell merely rebounded off the structure turning its fiery blast upon myself and Halvor. This was immediately followed by the tower itself rumbling into self destruction as if within a programmed defense.

We fled, our path blocked by the locked adamantine gate. Thus we were forced to locate an alternate route of escape. With the aid of Halvor’s quick thinking we escaped through a ventilation shaft in the tower taking flight as polymorphed avian fowls flying through volcanic lava tubes to the surface world above.

Additional Note: An “Emerald Vault” was discovered. Our collected efforts to gain entrance where unsuccessful. Future expedition is required to attain the treasure beyond.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 12:42:49 PM by Alternate Account »

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2019, 07:43:42 PM »
[A scroll is placed into the Academies system, circulating the proper channels with the sealed insignia 'HH'] Awaiting approval

‘Regenerative Transfer’ - Troll Graft - Thesis

The innate ability of trolls to regenerate is well documented, even if segmented, vivisection, slashed, smashed, or even bashed a troll will reform to it previous state, unless the tissue is damaged on a fundamental level e.g acid, fire, and even some rare cases of severe cold the creature will heal.

This thesis plans to showcase the ability of ‘Regenerative Transfer’ between subjects, moving the attributes of a trolls regenerative prowess into another specimen, as also detailing the ‘Fennox Method’(the name of the procedure has been named after the late Master Fennox Za’am in memory of his deeds and progress in the fields of the Red Academy) for grafting two sets of samples together.

Fennox Method
The selected tissue is to to be prepared for surgery, this is to be fresh or kept in some preserving agents to retain elasticity, vitality, and keep the forces of decay from the sample. Make an incision for your graft, followed by stitching to keep it in place.

Note: The subject will not be cooperative and likely have to be restrained, I advise the fourth circle dominate person, or if the caster has the ability and skill Solipsism as it lasts longer and keeps the subject passive.

Now you must prime the subject with a dose of negative energy, either with a sphere or ray depending on the strength and vitality of your subject. This is then followed by the administering of a regenerative tonic to the area.

This infusion of opposites, life energy and negative energy revive the inert/dead hide. This is likely due to the ‘ressurection’ quality of negative energy which the concentrated presence of can cause the dead to rise and become what is commonly known as undead. It is this power of negative energy that reawakens the graft, while neither the transplant or the subject is undead this state of transition allows the regeneration potion which holds concentrated life energy to than heal both the subject and flesh joining them, it is in the uncertainty between these two forces that this is possible.

Troll Graft
Once the specimen has been ‘trollified’ it will exhibit the abilities of regeneration all over its newly formed troll hide, this seems to cause the subject discomfort and a rise in aggression and feats of strength unlikely for the creature. It also seems to have some protection against illusion, this could be a shielding or boost in animal will power.

Proposal: To finish the exploration of troll grafts and produce an active specimen for display.

- Halvor Hadiya

The following notes and report from the previous experimentation leading up to this thesis.

Glossary
“Flesh” the soft substance consisting of muscle and fat that is found between the skin and bones of a human or an animal.

"Bandit" one who is proscribed or outlawed; hence, a lawless desperate marauder, a brigand: usually applied to members of the organized gangs which infest the mountainous regions.

“Phantasmal killer” a spell that cause illusory creature/s to nifest, inducing pain and on a occasion death.

Incomplete…

Sample Human
Human age 20 to 30
Ethnicity Barovian
Sample quality moderate, occupation of donor “Bandit” the body had previously suffered many contortion and scarring likely from puncturing and slashing weapons such as swords, arrows, and axes. I was careful to preserve the body and not cause undue strain on it by casting “Phantasmal killer” causing the subject to go into cardiac arrest and cease bodily functions. Following with a clean incision below the abdomen retrieving my samples with a scalpel.

Test 1 MAGE ARMOR: I began my first test with the first circle spell “Mage Armor”, instantaneously a transparent field envelopes it not unlike armor, making incision all but impossible for the tools at my disposal. Upon consulting my colleague we cast the third circle spell “Greater magic weapon” allowing ease in the following dissembling.

Results: There appears to be no physical changes in the sample, the intangible force lasting a total of nine hours tho this depends on the skill of the practitioner. There appears to be no way to force change on the sample without enchanting it like common gear. More tests will be needed to prove this is entirely fruitless.

Test 2 ANIMAL ASPECTS: I start the experiment with the second circle spell “Bull’s Strength”, I begin to run a series of tests attacking the “flesh” with a dagger, a clean downward strike. It parts at the touch, followed by inducing various elemental spells such as “Acid splash”, “Cone of cold”, “Fire Arrow”. Sample destroyed, the only noticeable is a slight tautness to the muscles, exhibiting higher resilience, this probably explains why the increase in strength doesn’t harm the user.

“Bear’s Endurance” the density increases in the flesh giving the individual greater vitality, the sample takes longer to dispose of.

“Cat’s Grace” I cannot find noticeable change within the sample, maybe it's faster? But it isn’t moving. Note: Tried “Animate Dead” on tissue with and without “Cat’s Grace”, it kind of wobbles faster.

“Eagle's Splendor” it kind of looks better.

Results: The animal aspects induce for the most part obvious physical changes, before fading over a period of time. Tonics and potion may be able to make longer lasting effects, mayhaps pumped into the blood with some device?

Sample Desert Troll
Domain Har'Akir
Sample quality exceptional, a troll adolescent the hue of its body had not entirely turned the shade of rust common amongst its mature brethren. The tissue was taken when I spent time amongst a warband combing the desert for treasure, I used an enchanted blade to cut from it a sizeable portion bathed it in a preserving agent and wrapped in an oiled sheet for transport.

Notes: I am excited to see how these effects will affect the trolls natural regenerative properties. 

Test 1: Animal Aspects, I begin to cast in order the aspects causing little change in the tissue not previously recorded.

Test 2: I inject a healing tonic of moderate strength into the sample, the tissue stays inert for five seconds before it begins to slowly expand, I have obviously reawakened its inert healing prowess. The fat and muscle of the skin slowly begin to grow at a pace of a centimeter a minute before halting at around one times larger than it previously was. I insert another tonic repeating the process until the mass of flesh is the size of half the tabletop. The flesh does not produce any bones or bodily protrusions, then how do broken bones heal? Does the flesh make an impromptu cast sealing the bones into their proper places, or does deeper tissue reconfigure it?

Note: For further study on this I will have to dissect the body of an entire troll, and or test on a live subject.

Experiment ‘Regenerative Transfer’ - Troll Graft

Goal: To transfer the healing prowess of a troll onto a subject, through the use of surgically implement prepared skin onto the subject.

Subject: RT1
Ethnicity: Rashemi

I collected the subject from storage casting the fifth level spell Dominate Person to ensure compliance, ordering him to lay down on the slab and securing him to it. The first incision began along the arm cut out a square of flesh that was replaced with prepared troll skin, it was then stitched together.

Observation: The skin is inert and has no observable effects on the individual, likely due to the way it was prepared and stored.

Regeneration Tonic: I administered the potion smearing it along the wound in an attempt at joining the graft, this failed. The prepared sample of troll skin did not react but the subjects own did pushing up and forcing out the stitching and leaving the two to separate.

Instructor Fennox Za'am aided me with the work, who’s instrumental and masterful use of the scalpel and knife put my own skill to shame. We repeated the aforementioned steps before applying a dose of negative energy to the skin and subject.

Observation: It seemed to cause discomfort to RT1, and weaken him as one would expect.

We repeated the process but administered a potion directly to him, this combination of [Removed] and healing reawakened the inert skin joining the two completely, I then followed this up with a cut along the graft and elsewhere observing the skin to heal but elsewhere to bleed and congeal as normal.

Observation: The combination of the negative energy spell and the regeneration potion fused the skin and graft, however, it only gained the properties of self-healing where the prepared skin was formed.

Following this we attempted more invasive surgery trying to replace as much skin as possible on the subject, neglecting the head, neck, and pubic region in a wish to preserve the subjects mental capacity. However, RT1 expired during this event, likely from some weakness or frailty within his own condition.

Subject: RT2
Ethnicity: Ox

Following the expiration of RT1 we retrieved RT2 a beast of burden known for its durability, leading it into the examination room, I first cast of the sixth level spell Coma putting the creature to sleep and followed by a planar binding to have a subservient Slaadi put it on the slab and secure it, then cast the seventh circle spell Solipsism so it would not register any pain in the proceedings.

Master Fennox Za'am than cleared away the fur and skin leaving its viscera and musculature visible but intact, I held down the prepared skin while the Master stitched it to the beast, we followed this up with the third circle spell Negative energy burst before applying the potion.

The flesh reacted almost instantly sealing the wounds and forming a thick layer over RT2, the ox than broke out of its restraints knocking over a candelabra starting a small fire(that was dealt with) before breaking down the door.

We followed the creatures trail as it had also smashed open the door to the conjuration lab, and caught an Arcanist unaware nearing the cells goring him to death. This all came to a head when we confronted the beast in the foyer trying to break out of the Academy. Casting the spells coma and Solipsism which had all worked previously the creature was now somehow immune to it, showing no signs of effect. Master Fennox Za'am instructed me to put down such a creature, I called upon my Slaadi servant to deal with it and it did with a combination of physical attacks and divine spells.

Results: The graft can be completed on a large scale covering the subject, and administering a blast of negative energy to prime the graft followed by a regeneration potion. Transferring the healing prowess of a troll onto it, but this seems to also increase aggression and alter the mental capacity making it immune to even high circle illusion spells.

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2019, 12:54:27 PM »
Entry 92

From the ashes of tragedy the future is born.

My apprentice, Jadis of Kendara has accepted my offer and I have formally adopted her as my daughter. She has acclimated to mulan culture and adapted the name of Kova Za’am. Next will be her tattooing ritual.

Following the news of the loss of my second son Fennox, his apprentice Nazara Xethos has accepted my marriage proposal. I have tasked Kova with making the proper arrangements and issuing invitations.

House Za’am grows!

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2019, 09:00:26 PM »
[A letter with the initials 'HH' clearly on the scroll case]

Exaulted Instructors, and masters of the Academy. An individual has been caught trespassing over our border, looking to cause sedition and revolt. I would normally leave this matter up to the faith and soldiers but upon further questions, it is revealed this man to be Alexendrious a Garda of Vallaki.

Sent upon the orders of Lance Corporal Teresca Mitrea, also of the Vallaki garda to inspire hostility towards the Red Wizards of Hazlan, ultimately to try and slay a number of us. She is well documented on her displeasure and hatred of our exalted purpose.

He is below the Academy in the cells, if nothing else he will make an excellent specimen for our purposes.

- Halvor Hadiya

- A letter arrives at the Red Academy in Ramulai, addressed to "Mentalos Zaam". The paper would be quality in Barovia, but in Hazlan it is a poor make, rough to the fingers and poorly dyed. The wax binding the letter shut has been pressed down with the signet of the Vallaki Garda.

Red Wizard,

You entered our country and brought the death of our people with your creation. This was not enough to satisfy you ... you have once more sought grievance against the municipality of Vallaki. It has come to my attention that you have somehow acquired one of our own. I am motivated to negotiate for the safe return of this individual.

The value of this offer will decrease if they are further harmed or compromised.

Lance Corporal Teresca Mitrea
Vallaki Garda

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2019, 11:27:00 AM »
Entry 94

Our Barovian guest has lost his usefulness. I have extracted all I need from this resource. I’ll instruct one of the apprentices to clean up the mess and discard the waste.

Dio suggested a trade. It seems more trouble than its worth.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 11:28:35 AM by Alternate Account »

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2019, 10:56:55 PM »
Entry 95

Kova has completed her studies and now carries the title, Red Wizard of Hazlan.

She has been assigned a new task. I am confident she will exceed my expectations.

A report has been delivered to me.... Impossible to believe.... did Fennox survive?

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2019, 10:06:47 PM »
[An elegant piece of mail finds it's way to the front desk fo the Red Academy, with exotic designs neatly decorating the paper in an affluent manner. The contents within are written in an elegant Vassi script, with colorful floral designs on the periphery of the pages]

Addressed to the the Administration of the Red Academy, seated in the divine city of Ramulai

I send this application in query, to know if is an open seat at the prestigious Red Academy, so that I may realize my knowledge of the arcane art to the highest possible degree. It has been a sinful pursuit, practicing our great art without the proper oversight of our Lord Hazlik's greatest instructors and teachers. I am not so vain to realize that I have little grasp over the art, so please accept my formal application so that I may realize this reality in service to our Lord.

Name: Marozia Seyda
Birthplace: Syl-Var, Hazlan
Ethnicity: Mulani
Current Arcane Aptitude: Apprentice (3rd Circle)
Primary Focus of Study: Enchantment / Arcane Dueling

There is no greater institution to master the arcane arts,  anything less would simple be unacceptable and an admittance to the hell of slaves. I am articulat in Conjuration and Enchantment schools of magic, and with the Academy's guidance I look forward to extending our Crimson reach - so that we Mulani will remain a seat of power for hundreds of years. Should their be an instructor available to take on an apprentice, I will leave Syl-Var at once.

I will send the admittance fees per your consideration.

-Marozia Seyda

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2019, 03:35:22 PM »
Entry 97

Halvor....

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2019, 09:38:25 PM »
Entry 98

Have I truly become such a clumsy dotard that I would stumble into my own spell suffering injury to limb and pride?
Too much time spent within the classroom and library It would appear.

Our enemies skulk within our very borders. I must pick up the war staff and remain vigilant.

A valuable lesson has been learned, Never leave the academy without my Hound!

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2019, 09:17:35 PM »
[A letter arrives at the Hazlan Academy, it is made of some old parchment and the sealing wax has no recogniceable symbol. Once open it is noticeable that the letters are written in a sober and simple calligraphy, yet somewhat ellegant in their simplicity and in bright green pigment]

To the attention of the Illustrious Masters of the Hazlan Academy.

I am contacting you with the intention of formally joining your academy as an apprentice and contribute to the institution with my own thesis while at the same time improving my own comprehension over the Art. My name is Dargand Berdoth and I was born at a city in the form of a torus atop a infinite spire located at the very centre of the plane of Concordant Oposition known to some as the City of Doors, to others as the Cage, to most: Sigil. I do know about your honorable nation and its excellent Magocracy since on one of my planar journeys I had to stop on Toril on attendance of my duties as a Dustman on the cities of Surthay aswell as Athkatla.

Currently my studies advance at a good pace, being able to cast spells of up to the fourth circle and being close to the understanding of the fifth. I am mainly interested in the school on necromancy, being my specialty school since my early twenties.

Hoping to have news of your august institution:

Dargand Berdoth

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2019, 09:31:30 PM »
Entry 100

For years now the fiend has haunted my mind.

I know the price.

I can delay no longer.  I must have the answers.

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2019, 09:06:39 PM »
Entry 101

The Trickster would not concede to my demands. His price was too high.

My son is dead and his demise has brought ash and ruin to Ramulai.

What will tomorrow bring?

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2019, 03:41:26 PM »
Entry 102

I have been attacked! Twice within so short few months. First brigands sought to insult me in the mist camp and now this, my very home and sanctuary burned and brought to ruin and ash.

This can be no mere coincidence!

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2019, 09:38:36 PM »
Entry 103

The identity of a traitor long forgotten has been revealed. The efficiency of our new assassin will be tested.

I was promised justice.

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2020, 11:37:16 AM »
Entry 104

My former apprentice now colleague has presented some very intriguing information.

If what Instructor Hadiya claims is correct we could very soon have a means to shatter the very barriers of this reality!

I look forward to reviewing this evidence. King Hazlik must be advised of our progress.

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2021, 01:57:59 PM »
[the once refined and stylish handwriting has changed. Now it appears jagged, rough, and forced.]

Three Years Ago…

It has been three years since I escaped from that horrible metropolis buried deep within the bowls of the earth.

Even now I find it difficult to collect my thoughts. To process and comprehend the sights we witnessed. The obsidian towers and adamantine temples displayed like a macabre silhouette before the frightening vista of that subterrain nightmare.

What frightful populace once traversed those ancient highways and emptied cannels. Thoroughfares neglected, wide and carved through the stone itself. Now silent and abandoned as they reach out deep into the earth stretching like tentacles into the black unknown.

That expedition, though it earned accolades and prestige for my career, it was disaster and ruin for those whom I once loved; Fennox… Halvor… and my poor beautiful Balzaabar.

My sacrifice!

Is it my imagination or my guilt? Late at night when the academy is silent and my students are fast asleep in slumber, I alone in my study and pondering my regret.

I stare at the floor, my mind’s eye seeing past the wood and stone of the academy, past leagues of soil, rock, and earth. Straight through to the waterlogged caverns and tunnels. Directed to that ancient lost city. I can feel the vibrations of that cursed cylinder, those alien voices. The whispers…. Calling to me, promising me what only they know I truly desire.

I bet the Trickster knows…. He probably told them. Of that I am certain.

Three Years Ago…

« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 02:10:20 PM by Mentalos Za'am »

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2021, 03:26:00 PM »
Mentalos Za'am,

I am pleased to invite you personally to a feast to take place at Nordenvall Fane Cathedral. This invitation comes in good faith and is not only directed at you in particular but the rest of the Red Academy. I have heard much about you and I believe we have similar interests that I would be happy to discuss with you upon our first meeting. I have invited many to attend and I would like for you to attend as a representative of the Red Academy. Additionally, it would be a pleasure to see other members of the academy seat alongside us at the elite table to watch games and entertainment. The event will be held on Sunday the eleventh of June. I look forward to your potential arrival. Please write back if you have any questions or concerns regarding my invitations.

signed,

Kontor-Gudkaedes Kaazimir Dvornikov

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2021, 07:47:39 AM »
Entry 107

Following a long period of inactivity I have decided to accept a new apprentice.

This is one is another barovian, a girl.

We shall see how long she lasts. Experience has taught me not to expect to much from that stock.

Note; the Iron Church is currently enjoying an increase in activity. A foreign kontor has entreated us with a rather interesting offer.

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2021, 10:33:39 PM »
Entry 108

A second foreigner has approached the academy seeking enrollment. She has a unique theory regarding the "weave".

Is she a witch?

Do I care?

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2021, 10:39:39 PM »
Entry 109

My family continues to grow. I have a new son, Khashayar.

The Black Lord truly has blessed House Za'am!