You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: The Book of Za'am  (Read 24917 times)

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
  • The Red Academy of Hazlan
The Book of Za'am
« on: February 05, 2014, 02:01:21 PM »
[Located at the bottom of Mentalos Za'am's satchel secured with a simple non magical lock DC 10 Open Lock]

//OOC Knowledge and Background Information:

Height: 5'8", Weight" 150 lbs
Skin/Hair Color: Tanned Caucasian and bald.
Eyes: Black

Languages Known: Vaasi (Spoken/Literate), Draconic (Literate), Abyssal (Spoken/Literate), Infernal (Spoken/Literate), Trade Tongue (Spoken/Literate).
Education: Graduate of the Red Academy in Hazlan, General Studies with minor in Evocation and Conjuration.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 11:19:51 AM by Alternate Account »

Nazara Xethos - "House Za'am is as contagious as Lycanthropy. Get afflicted."

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
Re: The Book of Za'am
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 10:41:00 PM »
[A vellum page scribed in the language of Vassi]
Entry 1

I have decided it prudent to record all discoveries, be it medical, scientific and arcane. This record will be structured in a fashion similar to my academic reports at the Red Academy. Theories, hypothesis, formula, diagrams and all other miscellaneous research will be recorded in chronological order.

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 11:46:03 PM »
Entry 2

Barovia, a backwoods country of rugged mountains, fog shrouded black forests and dirty superstitious peasants. The only respite of civilization I have found rests on the southern shore of Lake Zarovich, The City of Vallaki.

I have secured lodging in a mediocre guest house called The Blue Water. The rooms have a sparten charm to them and upon inspection I find them to be warm and clean.

The tavern room is spacious and comfortable despite its gaudy decoration with its stuffed bear, dark colors and woven rugs. The stone fireplace is massive and issues out a surprising amount of heat. This I find almost tolerable.

How I miss the warm summer winds of Toyalis.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:06:15 PM by Alternate Account »

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 10:16:55 PM »
Entry 3

I have kept a low profile these past few weeks. This Barovian winter is beyond anything I could have imagined. The endless rain and damp chill permeates every aspect of life. I am miserable!

My only reprieve is the unexpected kindness of a curious Barovian nobleman. Lord Tiberiu von Radovich is an uncommon native. Educated, refined and polite, a true abnormality compared to his lower born kinsmen.

Lord Radovich admits that he finds amusement in my foreign ways. It was he who first introduced me to the sweet clear nectar called tsuika. It is a beautiful draught that numbs the senses and drives out the chill.

My new friend seems intrigue by my presences in his homeland.  He has invited me to dine with himself and his new bride, a beautiful woman twenty years his junior.

A pleasant enough distraction as I begin the long tedious chore of establishing a network.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:47:08 PM by Nimos Dejti »

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 10:33:31 PM »
Entry 4

Continued conversations with Lord Radovich has revealed the elderly man suffers from some negative condition.

Having studied medicine and physiology at the Red Academy I offered to perform a rudimentary physical examination. Though my education was not primarily focused on the art of healing, the intermediate education received places my knowledge far ahead of the local midwives, ignorant leechmen and clumsy witchdoctors of Barovia.

Initial Examination: Tiberiu von Radovich

Patient Middle Aged Barovian Male of 54 years. Large framed and moderately over weight.

The patient suffers from stress and a lingering infection of the lungs due to pneumonia three years prior.

Frequently drinks alcohol in excessive amounts little to no exercise. Smokes pipe tobacco.

Poor diet heavy fat from goat cheese, dairy products and red meat.

I have subscribed a diet in lean meat, fish and fresh vegetables. Moderate consumption of alcohol and cessation of tobacco use.

Additionally the patient suffers from stress resulting from a marriage to a woman considerably younger then him. I have advised the patient to pursue recreational activities as a positive outlet to relieve stress, perhaps hunting or falconry.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:08:15 PM by Alternate Account »

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 10:28:19 PM »
Entry 5

I dreamed of home again. I can still feel the warm sun upon my skin. I can smell the scented gardens and the perfumed courtesans. Dark eyes lined with mascara and lips reddened with rouge. The Rashemani work the plantation fields as my father and uncle stand upon the high terrace and debate politics.  

The dream soon ends and I awake to find that small stove in my room has gone cold. Last night the fat chambermaid said its only middle winter and that all foreigners complain. I say it’s the eight realm of Baator!

I hate Barovia!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:08:43 PM by Nimos Dejti »

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 11:05:29 PM »
Entry 6

Lord Radovich has hired me to serve as his personal physician. He introduces me as "Doctor Za'am". Its laughable since I hold no accreditation within the discipline of surgery or apothecary. I suppose in a backwoods country like this it matters not. I must admit I am beginning to like the sound of it.... Doctor Za'am.

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 11:29:38 AM »
Entry 6

I have had enough of Barovian winters. I decided to travel the Svalich highway. At Tser’s Pool I purchased passage via wagon to a strange way station referred to as “The Mist Camp”. There I met a mercenary, one particular Mr. Dumas.

Following up on rumor I recalled from the Academy I inquired Mr. Dumas if he knew of a location involving a strange grotesque idol within a forgotten shrine. Dumas knew of it.  I employed Dumas as a guide to lead me to the semi-mythical lands of Har’Akir. I keenly remember lectures concerning the fabulous ruins of this land. The sands are littered with the crumbling walls and cracked roads of a once advanced civilization. My imagination was not disappointed.

We arrived to the location with only minor distractions. I measured the shrine to be approximately 20 cubits in length, 25 cubits in width and another 20 cubits in height. The idol itself is an ugly three headed monstrosity 10 cubits in height carved on yellow sandstone. Much of the idol has been worn due to the soft material. Adjacent to the idol I found a mural. I have recorded as much as I could. The mural itself is weathered and in poor shape. Strange glyphs and symbols cover the sight and seem to convey a story. It will take some time to decipher these symbols.

I have purchased lodging within the village of Muhar. For now I will base my operations from here and begin establishing a network.

Paid Mr. Dumas 600 coin for his service. The mercenary was professional and seems to know his way around a fight. He is no amateur.

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 05:13:38 PM »
Entry 7

I have spent this last week in the dusty village of Muhar.  The heat from this desert nation is a welcomed change from Barovia.
Although the village itself is a ramshackle collection of brick huts, corralled slave pens and canvas tents, the desert outside of the village is a ruin studded expanse of mystery and fallen grandeur.

This land excites my imagination. At every turn I find evidence that hints to a prievous advanced civilization. Day and night the puzzle of its demise consumes my thoughts.

I have spoken to a papyrus vender named Hatshepsut. She is a small brown skinned woman wrapped in a shawl and veil. This woman spoke of the Great Ennead and the Ma’at.  It would seem this Ennead is an ancient pantheon of gods. The Ma’at she described is a form of natural law or balance that governors the mortal and divine world.

The vender did make a statement of one curious note, in fact it was more of a curse. She seems to claim that the source of this lands fall from grace lays within a curse. She claimed that in ages past the evil God-King Ankhtepot performed an unspeakable act thus causing the “Disestablishment of Ma’at”.

I inquired for a further explanation but the vender would speak no more of it but instead directed me to a hermit named Min-deir who dwells deep within the desert.
The mysteries of this land seem endless. I continue my work on deciphering the notes I made from the shrine. The symbols and glyphs continue to elude me.

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 02:42:25 PM »
Entry 8

Seems the allure of ancient treasure attracts a steady stream of explorers, soldiers of fortune and tomb raiders.

Yesterday I made the acquaintance of one such individual, a foreign warrior who identified himself as Giano Floman. Giano claimed to be a master blacksmith searching for new materials and metals of which to expand his craft. He freely admitted that this was his first time visiting Har’Akir.

Sensing an opportunity I offered Giano 100 gold coins per day to act as my body guard. The man accepted with the only stipulation that we split the spoils evenly. I of course agreed.

My inclination directed us eastward past the Shrine of Bes. We travelled under the blistering sun to avoid the haunted dead who roam the sands at night.

Soon we found ourselves climbing sand dunes and expending dangerous amounts of energy. The further we travelled the more the sun forced its punishing heat upon us. Soon we were forced to seek shelter within the shadows of a labyrinth of crumbling walls and fallen obelisks.

Despite this fact that Giano insisted on wearing metal full plate yet his stamina seemed almost preternatural. For hours he charged up the sand dunes with no hint of exhaustion or discomfort. As I pressed the matter Giano revealed to me that his original land of birth was also a desert land. He said he comes from a tribe of desert dwellers who call themselves the “Free Folk” or as he pronounced it “Fremen”. The name Giano gave of his homeland was “Arrakis”. He accused me of being “Water-Soft”. Beyond this he relieved nothing else.

Amongst the ruins Giano soon discovered a stone door hidden among the sand. We entered and to our amazement a massive structure or temple was revealed to us. Upon inspection I noticed many motifs involving agriculture and harvesting. Murals depicted scenes of farmers and slaves tolling within a lush environment in a green river valley. The abundance of food was a prominent message.

As we continued exploring we soon stumbled upon a nest of giant scorpions the size of elephants! With the aid of my enchantments Giano sliced through a score of them will only minor effort. We encountered traps and many small shrines. Each shrine was attached to a stone door. I was able to solve one of the riddles by presenting the figurine of the jackal that Giano found into the palm of a statue. With this the stone door opened on its own. It’s a testament to the skill of the builders that after all these centuries the mechanism still works.

No sooner had we entered this new portion of the complex that we were driven out by a horde of ancient dead. The guardians seemed to resist many of my enchantments and spells. Even Giano’s enchanted spear seemed to have little effect.

Driven out, exhausted and defeated. Giano agreed with me that discretion is the better part of valor. Retreat was the only logical option.

I have marked this location on my map and Giano has agreed to return to the village with me so that we may restock our supplies and return for a second attempt. For now we rest.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:20:36 PM by Alternate Account »

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 01:03:59 AM »
Entry 9

I received word while in the village of Muhar. My associate Giano requested my presence in the coastal city of Port-au-Lucern, Dementlieu.

Found my comrade at the University. Seems my friend has suffered some fashion of attack or curse. In private he revealed that his face and body has been warped under a transmutation enchantment.

Further examination reveals he has been forced to suffer some manor of experimentation. I have some familiarity with “Flesh Crafting” from my studies at the Red Academy. The evidence is clear and is recorded below for posterity.

Giano Flomen; Human Male 30 Years of age,
Occupation; Mercenary and Black Smith.

Symptoms;
White fur growth covering his face, cranial appendage and neck.
Pigment of his flesh has been bleached. Appearance similar to an albino.
Amputation of left hand.

Glyphs/ Runes inscribed onto his right arm, chest, back and left forearm. Further inspection of these glyphs reveals they are branded onto his flesh by means of heat resulting in scarification. Rudimentary translation of these runes reveals the possibility that they are in the “Infernal” dialect. At this time I am unable to translate and will need further assistance in deciphering.

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 10:33:24 AM »
Entry 10

Further examination of the patient, Giano Flomen reveals that his memory has been wiped. I performed several enchantments including hypnotism to free his mind form the shackles of his current state. My efforts have yielded minor success.

The patient recalled he had been under ground for several days as he mined ore in the abandoned tunnels beneath the hidden kingdom of Dvergehiem, which is located under the Balinok Mountains of southern Barovia.

He recalled blackness and awoke paralyzed upon a stone slab. He described a dark room with green lights, sharp knives and a strange buzzing sound. But most of all he remembers pain.

The lone figure he recalls seeing he referred to as “Bad Doctor”. This enigmatic figure was cloaked in a white gown and performed the “Operations”. When I inquired to the face or identity of this “Bad Doctor” the patient’s mind erupted into irrational fear and panic, this broke my enchantment. In his delusional rage he lunged at me, I was forced to subdue him with a word of immobilization from the sixth circle.

For now the patient is resting under my care at the Mist Camp.

Instead of finding answers I find myself with more questions. I will continue my analysis of the patient.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:35:04 AM by Alternate Account »

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 09:21:01 PM »
Entry 11

I received a letter at the Mist Camp that my benefactor Lord Radovich required me. The letter requested my presence at the Midway Haven Observatory. Per my punctual character I arrived just I time for breakfast.

Lord Radovich did not show. I waited a whole day with no sign or word. As I prepared to leave the Observatory I came across several slaughtered animals upon the road just outside the gate.

I followed the carnage a short distance off the road into a secluded glen. It was there that I found Lord Radovich. He was hunched over a dead boar eating the beast’s still steaming heart. Lord Radovich was wild! He was lost in some fashion of savage madness. He attacked me. Despite my pleas for him to stop he bludgeoned me with his fists, the madman even broke the flesh of my arm with his teeth. In desperation I was forced to immobilize him with an enchantment. Regretfully I revealed myself as an arcanist. I do hope this will not jeopardize my relationship with the Barovian nobleman.

As the spell ended Lord Radovich regained his senses. I walked him back to the Observatory and secured a private room. It was there that I was able to examine the poor man.

Lord Radovich confessed that for the past few months he has been eating only raw meat, mostly small game and errant livestock. When I inquired as to the origin of this strange dietary habit the patient admitted it first happened as he honeymooned in the country of Verbrek. He gave no more information in regards to that time frame.

Lord Radovich confessed that I was not the first man he had attacked. He stated that a few weeks past he murdered a drunkard outside the Wachter Estate. He made the ghastly confession that he consumed the poor man’s heart.

Upon my physical examination of the patient, I discovered he has lost weight and his general physique is healthier than my previous examination. If I had not known better I would have judged him to be a man of mid thirties, yet I know that he is actually 54 years of age. A particular note is his accelerated pulse and heart beat.

Given Lord Radovich’s sensitive diplomatic obligation I believe it best “Not” to seek outside help.

For now the patient will remain under my watchful care.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:24:33 PM by Alternate Account »

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 12:51:22 PM »
Entry 12

Too much time has passed. I have not received any correspondence from home. Nor have I receive reply from the academy. I must travel to Toyalis at once!

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 02:26:29 PM »
Entry 13

This had been a strange day indeed.

At Tser’s Pool, in Barovia I stumbled upon a man and woman arguing. In her hands she held a thing of power! Black pages, made from the very shadow itself with green scripture ever moving and changing position and form.

I immediately knew what this was…. It was a weapon from ancient times. I had heard the stories, nay more so children’s nursery rhythms meant to scare little ones to sleep. It is a tale of an eternal war, a struggle spanning a thousand worlds and realities, involving a countless multitude of players, agents and victims. And all of this for sole purpose of determining the brutal dominance, a rivalry between demons and devils.

If my memory is correct these individual pages are from a single tome of great power. Long thought destroyed and scattered across the core. The original author’s identity lost to history but its origin well known, The Shadow Rift.

The man, Gunnar and the woman, Sasha seem to have made an infernal pact with what appears to be an Arcanaloth (A trickster daemon). After pressing the issue Gunnar agreed to spell out the fiend’s name, for he feared too much to speak the monsters name aloud, Inajira.

I recall from my studies at the Red Academy that an Arcanaloth is a variety or more so a subspecies of fiend called Yugoloth that inhabits the lower planes. These are powerful creatures negotiate all contracts with baatezu and tanar'ri and plays each side against other with practiced ease and skilled diplomacy. They are tricksters, liars and record keepers who have been known to make infernal deals with mortals, granting supernatural powers or wishes. Often time barging for the mortal’s soul.

Neither Gunnar nor the Sasha would elaborate of the type of deal or pact that has been made.

Upon further observation I detect that Sasha suffers from a malady of the mind. She seems to have two distinct personalities, one is Sasha the lover of Gunnar and the second she calls her sister, Dominika. Neither seems violent nor holding malicious intentions. Regardless with personality is displayed the woman is with child. Approximately 1 month.

Gunnar on the other had is a desperate and angry man. He seems to have accepted that his fate is doomed but he fears doing what he knows he must. He believes he can bargain with this fiend and still save his soul, Sasha’s and that of the unborn child. He believes that if he gathers the remaining pages he can trade with the fiend. He stated there is a place, a hidden monastery high upon Baratak Mountain that holds the last remains pages. If necessary he will take them by force!

In contrast Sasha believes a magical machine called the “Apparatus” can separate her sister’s mind from her body. Sasha stated that the machine and the trigger device “Rod of Restoration” lay within a realm called Bluetspur.

The next day Gunnar arranged passage with the gypsies to take us to Bluetspur. The caravan was ambushed and we discovered two horses dead and the unconscious body of a woman named Imrae Zauviir. This woman is/was a friend of Gunnars, one whom he stated he trusted implacably. So much that he entrusted her with the pages. But not before he allowed me time to copy them and makes notes. See below.

Having no other option but travelling on foot. Soon the fiend revealed itself as a clone of Gunnar’s friend Imrae. Tragedy being that Gunnar foolishly gave the pages to the fiend. The Fiend kidnapped Sasha and left Gunnar and I stranded within the mists. We lost each other. I wish Gunnar well. I have yet to hear if he survived.

The fiend. Inajira is a medium sized man? wearing fancy robes and possessing a dogs face and tail. He commands powerful magics, of at least the seventh circle. He was immune to my spells of evocations and enchantment.

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 02:30:28 PM »
Entry 14

Returning from the mists, could have been days or minutes I do not know. I arrived at the Mist Camp and saw the shape of a person resembling Imrae. I was uncertain and exhausted but I gathered my courage and made sure this "Imrae" did not have a tail nor canine features. I informed her of Gunnar's path and intention of retrieving the last pages from the monastery. She immediately left the camp and sought out her friend.

I need time to reflect. I am exhausted and beaten.

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 02:55:10 PM »
Entry 15

Damn my curious mind. I immediately regretted my decision.

The gypsy scowled and made a superstitious sign when I asked. He agreed first for one thousand coins but he settled for 600. The trip was short and sooner than I expected I found myself in Bluetspur.

How do I describe this place, a wasteland, a nightmare? The sky is permanently red with storm clouds, no day, no night. Thunderstorms continually rain down lightning strikes punishing the earth, scouring the rock and filling the atmosphere with an electrical charge.

The terrain appears to be black volcanic rock. Vegetation and wild life is near to nonexistent in this hostile environment. The only sign of natural life I found was a few inedible mushrooms, poisonous black grass and phosphorescence lichen.

I wandered the mountains and canyons for days. Cloaked under an arcane enchantment I explored this alien landscape. Craggy black spires, strange foreign rock formations and colossal mountains raise high into the atmosphere reaching impossible heights. Numerous caves and caverns honeycomb these mountains. A welcomed sanctuary from the ranging storms.

My exploration continues. No sign of civilization or any clues to the location of this “Apparatus”.

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 03:18:29 PM »
Entry 16

Stupid, careless and lucky. I was exhausted and I had only one day left of water and rations.

Discovered a canyon leading into cave. It was guarded by four armed black skinned elves. I know well enough what they are, Drow!

So far, despite the horrid weather and hostile environment, this guard post was the only sign of intelligent life I had discovered in this gods forsaken land. So I decide I would risk it.

With a glamour spell I lured a single guard away from his post. I attempted to subdue him with a charm spell and an arcane grasping hand. The warrior shrugged the spell off and laughed as he struck me down.

I awoke naked and imprisoned within a cage. As my vision returned I discovered I was in a laboratory. I witnessed a dozen human corpses lying upon operating slabs. All had their skulls opened and brains removed in experiment or failed operation.

Then darkness fell upon me. Not a physical trauma but an oppressive outside will forcing me into unconsciousness. I was helpless to resist.

I awoke again naked and cold. Staring up I found myself in a cave with Sasha and two other men. Although she corrected me and stated her name as Dominika. A cleric, Malakai returned my spirit to the flesh and healed my wounds. The other, a warrior named Rand stated he had found a drow carrying my corpse down a tunnel. He slew the drow and returned my property to me. Sasha pointed out a strange circular scar following a horizontal suture on the back of my skull. I have no memory but it appears I have undergone an operation.

Something feels… Wrong.

Sasha held in her possession a Tarroka Card, a gift she said. I regret I was too stressed to properly observe the technique but it appears that she used the card to transport us out of that damned place and back to the mists.

Again I find myself with more questions than answers. For now I need sleep.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 03:20:15 PM by Alternate Account »

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 10:32:39 AM »
Entry 17

Weeks have passed and my wound has healed. My mind is under a fog. Memory eludes me and I recall only blackness from my time in that cage. A sense of empty doom haunts me. Am I being watched?

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 02:57:57 PM »
Entry 18

The Raunie Vadoma agreed to speak with me. The gypsy guard allowed me entrance into her tent. She was far younger than I expected, a woman of forty some years, her eyes black and clear.

Not willing to speak “His” name I wrote it down. The wise woman immediately made a protective sign across her chest. She warned me not to delve into such forbidden and dangerous topics.

She did reveal that “He” is a fiend, ancient and evil, a trickster and stealer of souls. His power lays not in might or spell, but in his lies! She named his kind and his origin, Arcanloth… Gehenna.

She would speak no more and directed my questions to her senior, the infamous Madame Eva of the Zarovan.

Before I departed I showed her the strange circular scar on the back of my head. She immediately knew what it was, she had seen if before. She said, “They got you too?”, “Seek out those in the hidden monastery upon Ghakis”.

I was ushered out immediately after that with no explanation.

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 03:40:47 PM »
Entry 19

I write this next entry, stunned and in partial disbelief.  

I arrived at Tser’s Pool shortly after my meeting with Raunie Vadoma. I was not surprised to find Sasha already present and waiting for an audience with the legendary Madame Eva.

The wise woman’s wagon was small, poorly lit and smelled of sage.  She was old, impossible to judge her age but ancient seems to fall short of capturing her years.
Not knowing the custom I let Sasha do most of the talking, only interjecting when a pressing question was left unanswered. Yet seldom did I receive that answer.

Madame Eva stated much that had already been made obvious. The pages that the fiend seeks total five, two  3 of which he now possess. Three 2 are still lost and must be found before the fiend. When combined the reunited these pages will complete what was once destroyed, The Book of Shadows.

The wise woman believes that with this book, the fiend seeks to open a portal to the netherworld and let loose a horde of his kindred to enslave and consume our world. If this fiend is successful nothing will survive and no power upon our world can resist the onslaught to come. Every man, woman and beast would be doomed to destruction, ultimately plaguing our world as yet another trophy realm to be consumed by the lower planes.

Madame Eva knows our desire to stop this fiend and she has pledge to help us. She referenced an old feud between her tribe and the fiend, yet she refused to elaborate.

Strange note is that during her card reading, she made a reference to a “Shadow”, something powerful and unseen. In her torpor again she made mention of a hidden monastery, the Order of the Contemplative Power, Allies? Sasha said he knows the location and promised to show me.

Sasha agreed to gaze into the depths of Madame Eva’s crystal ball. Darkness overwhelmed the small wagon. I know not what vision Sasha viewed but I thought she would be lost forever.

She returned and insisted that she retrieve Dominika’s corpse form he desert, the Temple of Anubis.

Sasha saw through the eyes of Dominika, mere moments before her sister’s death. She gave a name to the mysterious shadow… Leo Dilisnya.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:28:51 AM by Alternate Account »

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 11:42:12 AM »
Entry 20

She travelled to the desert without me. She found the body of her sister and an artifact, The Hand of Kampute. The fiend stole it form her.
Now we have no way of entering the Lost tomb of Ankthepot. Foolish girl.

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 01:41:30 PM »
Entry 21

We have found the lost tomb. It is a massive place carved out of the side of a cliff. Colossal columns line the entrance. The antechamber is lined with ancient murals displaying detailed hieroglyphs. I will attempt to decipher them. The gate is barred and resists all physical and magical attempts to open it.

We have setup camp near the "Tent of Odd Folk". We can not enter the tomb without the Hand of Kampute. Again we are at "His" whims.

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2015, 04:56:07 PM »
Entry 22

The poor girl, she is losing her mind. It is understandable considering the stress and trauma she has been involved with.

I see now that this wild goose chase is futile. The fiend is smarter than us, faster than us and he holds all the pieces of the puzzle.

Perhaps I am on the wrong side?

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2015, 10:19:57 AM »
Entry 23

Weeks have past consisting of relative peace and quiet. This has been a welcomed and well earned respite to the madness of the past month.

I find it intriguing how time passes in this camp, this place inside the “Mists”. The gypsies remain unchanged by time or environment, eternal in their nature and appearance. For the most part they ignore me, their black eyes no more than a passing glance or flash of judgment. Yet they take my coin as eagerly as any beggar or shop keeper.

My studies in alchemy and apothecary have progressed well. Ingredients are in high supply. Adventurers are eager to sell whatever strange or mundane bit of organic material they stumble across in their travels. Every experiment, every test leads further to success or confirmation of failure, not to be repeated.

I have not seen nor heard of Sasha. Given the nature of the advisory I can only assume the worst. Has my supporting role in her narrative concluded? As I sit here, contemplating the gravity of the situation I count myself lucky to continue to draw breath. Perhaps it is better this way, my sanity and flesh remain intact.

If my small part in the drama has ended so be it. I at least have my notes.