Author Topic: Barovia - Old Svalich Road - Luna Bridge  (Read 6631 times)

DM Stygian Witch

• Read books, not tablets!
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
  • I love Vecna more than the Morninglord!
Barovia - Old Svalich Road - Luna Bridge
« on: January 18, 2014, 10:03:37 AM »
Another skirmish broke out between the Vallaki Guard and the Wachter Militia. The brawl quickly escalated into a full scale battle. Each side losing a dozen soldiers. The aftermath leaving the Lunar River stained a pink shade with blood.

Lance Corporal Marius Valeriscu of the Vallaki Guard was noted as valiantly defending his Lord's interest. The heroic soldier even held the western bank for a short period of time.
Several outlanders added in Vallaki's defense.
You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis.

DM Stygian Witch

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
Re: Barovia - Old Svalich Road - Luna Bridge
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 11:40:43 PM »
Two weeks has past since the slaughter at the Luna Bridge. All remains quiet. Dispite the senseless loss of life nothing seems to have changed. The lives of both Wachter and Vallaki men lost and forgotten. Only the widows and orphans remember.
C.S. Lewis.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 08:34:08 PM »
Another bloody confrontation took place here between Wachter and Vallaki guardsmen. With the support of the Raduta Zealots of the Ezrite Fourth Sect, the Wachter victory was complete... a dozen or more Vallaki guardsmen killed or captured for less than half that in Wachter casualties.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

airengale

• Dark Lord
  • Security, is mortals' chiefest enemy.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 06:44:57 PM »
[A letter sores through the sky by way of arrow. It digs deep into the ground on the Wachter's side. It is signed by Corporal Horatiu Bochinsky of the Vallaki Garda.]

"What is one soldier's worth to so many that have died during this war. Name the price."

Sethraan Synne - "The righteous will receive their reward."
Horatiu Bochinsky - "It's just a job."
Aleah Althanos - "Today is a glorious day to die!"

Geiger

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 07:54:38 PM »
[The arrow and the message at snapped up by figures across the bridge, wearing what might the fiery sigil of Raduta...]

airengale

• Dark Lord
  • Security, is mortals' chiefest enemy.
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 01:54:07 AM »
[Another message by way of arrow is sent soaring across the Luna River. It meets a muddy destination into the hands of the Wachter's Territory.]

Sethraan Synne - "The righteous will receive their reward."
Horatiu Bochinsky - "It's just a job."
Aleah Althanos - "Today is a glorious day to die!"

Winter

• Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 04:07:15 PM »
[An arrow with a message attatched is shot across the way to the Wachter Side of the River. ]
We have recently placed notices, there is absolutely -no- outlander militia, any attacks upon your soldiers are to be dealt as murders, and crimes against the Count. Relay any names of suspected murderers to us for further investigation. Let us end the bloodshed, and the outlanders that wish to provoke this war, to prevent further bloodshed on -both- sides.
-Lance Corporal Valeriscu

"The Vallaki Garada does not endorse any outlander attacks upon the Wachter Lands, any that assault the Wachters that are not directly enlisted in the Garda, or under offical orders are acting outside the Count's Law, and will be dealt with accordingly.

The Citadel has no ties to these murdering, outlandish freaks that plague our land, and the very same mercenary force that was being assembled was full of freak witches, they have been officially disbanded as it was detriment to morale of the general fighting force of Vallaki.

Roose

• Dark Power
  • Neat.
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 10:25:09 PM »
[Late in the afternoon, a force of Wachter Militia led two prisoners across the bridge to be released into Vallaki, and took with them Lance Corporal Marius Valeriscu, flanked by two Wachter soldiers.]
Three people can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.

Roose

• Dark Power
  • Neat.
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 11:38:10 AM »
[The Luna Bridge so named for the river it bestrides and connecting The Old Svalich Road East and west. Recently embroiled with skirmishes between Wachter and Vallaki soldiers.]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 12:53:06 AM by Roose »

Roose

• Dark Power
  • Neat.
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 11:38:40 AM »
ATTENTION

Let it be known that locking the pass over the Luna Bridge along The Old Svalich Road serves only to further strain the tenuous peace between our two provinces. Commerce is not only being impeded for Raduta, Wachter Province, and Krezk - But also for Vallaki Berez, Ziedenburg, and all the other towns, and settlements that rely on The Old Svalich Road. The Old Svalich is the life blood of trade, commerce and the Counts taxation. Impeding it arbitrarily will not be tolerated.

-Corporal Svetozar
Wachter Province Militia
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 12:52:11 AM by Roose »

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 01:44:35 PM »
//It's "Svalich" road and "Luna" bridge :P

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 12:38:45 AM »
[Word spreads of mobilization of troops sworn to Lord Ivan Wachter making their way towards the River Luna. The troops begin to stare down the Vallaki Guardsmen on the other side, sharpening their swords with whetstones while delivering scowls and showing their teeth to their adversaries. Could it be that the burgomaster of Krezk and master of a large swath of Barovia seeks to see battle joined against Vallaki, wracked by unrest and the threat of starvation?]

DM Stygian Witch

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 10:57:49 PM »
[A poster finds it way across the guarded bridge]

[Posted throughout the province]

Lord Burgomaster Ivan Wachter invites his loyal subjects and dignified countrymen to attend the celebration of his fiftieth name day. Bountiful harvests have graced the province this season. A sign of a blessed year and rewarded toil. The celebration shall mark a three day fesitvale of feasting, games and general meeryment.
C.S. Lewis.

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 04:58:23 PM »
[Rumor spreads like wildfire throughout Barovia of the victory of the Wachter Province's militia over the loathsome Ionelus family! While it briefly looked as though all was lost, the brave soldiers serving the burgomaster of Krezk and ruler over much of eastern Barovia successfully snatched supremacy from the steely jaws of defeat! The Vallaki Garda's presence along the Luna River is no more, and it is uncertain as to whether they will ever regain what they have lost. The Luminitus orchard remains untouched, along with the orphanage. For now.

Many of Vallaki's finest men and women were either killed or captured following the takeover of the bridge garrison -- Corporal Bianca Cardei and Lance Corporal Decebal Cuza being among those captured. Many in the Citadel mourn the passing of Sergeant Natasha Orlov, who lost her life during the battle, slain by the cowardly, mercenary turncloak Krasimir Svetozar.

A different story is told, of course, in Wachter lands. Rumor has it that Natasha Orlov's body very quickly turned into a dusty skeleton practically overnight, not rotting as a corpse rightly should. Could the Vallaki Garda be doing the unthinkable... ? First the use of outlander mercenaries, and now this... to what depths will they sink to secure their victory?]

DM Stygian Witch

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 07:20:53 PM »
[Letter posted to the east facing gate in the direction of Vallaki]

Good citizens of Vallaki.

Why does your cruel master Nicolai Ionelus continue to send your beloved sons and daughters to war? We are your kin and your countrymen. We are no different then you. We too love our families and toil under the benevolent protection of our sovereign Count von Zarovich.

Throw down the yoke of madness. Stop this senseless slaughter. Stop the tyranny of Nicolai Ionelus and his spoiled children as they feast upon the food your labor provides. Your children are starving.

Lord Boyar Ivan Wachter

[Wax seal of House Wachter]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 07:32:50 PM by DM Stygian Witch »
C.S. Lewis.

Geiger

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 11:00:31 PM »
[Rumor has it that during the night of the fourth a trebuchet was fired from the Vallaki garrison's side. However the reason as to why such a thing would happen in such an area of contention is a matter of debate on both sides of the river. Ionelus' men blame Wachter's, Wachter's blame Ionelus's - the story from the Vallaki side is that a fire broke out in their camp and while they were distracted someone fired off the trebuchet, killing a siege engineer on the Wachter's side... the truth, however, may never be known. Only time will tell.]

MadJKevlar

• Undead Master
  • Ah! the generals! (is AKA WhenWolvesHoundThePrey)
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 05:29:26 AM »
[Rumor has it that during the night of the fourth a trebuchet was fired from the Vallaki garrison's side. However the reason as to why such a thing would happen in such an area of contention is a matter of debate on both sides of the river. Ionelus' men blame Wachter's, Wachter's blame Ionelus's - the story from the Vallaki side is that a fire broke out in their camp and while they were distracted someone fired off the trebuchet, killing a siege engineer on the Wachter's side... the truth, however, may never be known. Only time will tell.]

A squire of the Nerakan Lillys is seen walking around the war machine in question making drawings and notes regarding it in a note book. Known on both sides of the border as Jayden Bonebridge he is young man of around eighteen years and his enthusiasm with siege weaponry will see him return in future to try get close looks and notes on the Balista and Cannons also deployed on the border.

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2014, 01:08:29 PM »
A squire of the Nerakan Lillys is seen walking around the war machine in question making drawings and notes regarding it in a note book. Known on both sides of the border as Jayden Bonebridge he is young man of around eighteen years and his enthusiasm with siege weaponry will see him return in future to try get close looks and notes on the Balista and Cannons also deployed on the border.

A certain man within the Wachter ranks whispers warnings of this particular boy, and the other Lily Knights.  There is talk at the bridge of Ionelus spies taking notes on Wachter defenses, and warnings are given against letting him anywhere near the valuable cannons or other weapons near the defensive line.  Whether or not this man is in a position to give orders isn't clear, but he reminds the men at the bridge of the recent 'issues' with Lily Knights in Wachter lands.  He ensures that bis fellow militiamen know that the Caliban who killed Recruit Saguna was bearing their crest on his shield.

Gideon

• Undead Master
  • Keepin' it native.
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2014, 01:30:06 PM »

A certain man within the Wachter ranks whispers warnings of this particular boy, and the other Lily Knights.  There is talk at the bridge of Ionelus spies taking notes on Wachter defenses, and warnings are given against letting him anywhere near the valuable cannons or other weapons near the defensive line.  Whether or not this man is in a position to give orders isn't clear, but he reminds the men at the bridge of the recent 'issues' with Lily Knights in Wachter lands.  He ensures that bis fellow militiamen know that the Caliban who killed Recruit Saguna was bearing their crest on his shield.

Orders are given that this activity is not to be tolerated on the Wachter side of the lines, but that no hostile actions are to be taken.

Roose

• Dark Power
  • Neat.
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 03:16:36 AM »
[nailed to the gates at the crossing]

"To whom it may concern,

I Bianca Cardei, as a previous woman of the law, as an ex-corporal of the Vallaki Garda and ex-recruit after that do condemn Vallaki's Garda for the following reasons:

The first reason I have left the Vallaki Garda is due to their consorting with witches.  This is the most important of the Vallaki Garda Rules, we do not promote or consort with magic doers.  And by consorting, I mean sleeping in the same bed with them, associating with them and making dark deals with them.  Pacts.  I first witnessed this from Private Bogdan Antonescu. I also have seen this behavior from Private Allexandru Dimitri.  He goes out at night, near the well speaking to a known witch I call the 'Red Witch'.  When I reported these actions to Lance Corporal Florica Sima, she seemed to either not believe me or not to care.  I also reported them to Lance Corporal Vincent Zolokorov and he as well said he was going to report it up our chain of command but didn't.  Furthermore, the same Red Witch gave me a parchment to deliver to Bogdan.  I was curious as to why a 'witch' was giving me something to give to Bogdan.  So I looked inside and there in blue ink was writing that spoke of deep thoughts to Bogdan.  Telling him to come to the Port of Lucine 'once again'...and to meet her there and discuss things.  I reported my suspicions to Lance Corporal Zolokorov and we commenced a full body search of Private Antonescu.  He had many many letters on them.  Some with the same blue ink and others with a very different hand writing.  Most of it looked suspicious and there was one or two that gave specific names such as 'Milicent'.  An outlaw.  I told Vincent this and then Florica Sima came into the jails where Bogdan was being held and she demanded what was going on with her Private.  I explained to her that he was deep in with the witches.  And she seemed to ignore me and tell me to go.  She gave him all his effects back and released him halting the investigation. Since I have been back, Private Antonescu has left the garda into merely a shadow of its former self.  One of our rules is that we do not use explosives, but Private Antonescu is training his underlings to use Black Powder, illegally. And worse actions still I know Private Toma has been seduced by a vrolok, and Lance Corporal Vincent Zolokoro, has told me himself that he is in service with the Ulcisor vroloks.  

-Bianca Cardei

NecropolisV

• Undead Master
  • ~Dragons, Dragons, Dragons!~
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 03:59:03 AM »
[Nailed In Return On The Vallaki Side]

STATEMENT OF THE VALLAKI GARDA:

Any fool idiotic enough to believe this woman's begrudged lies and spreads them will be punished for disrupting the peace by spreading such dysentery. There is no use of black powder or any of it's tools or weapons and such by the Vallaki Garda. Additionally, we do not consort with witches, we do not deal with them, and we definitely do not bed them, that is Corporal Valentin's job of the wachter garda and his witch wife Anca Valentin who in her attempt to flee Vallaki justice many months ago utilized such witchcraft to throw vraja upon myself to escape, and still failed. No such evidence to prove Private Antonescu of consorting with witches has been found and such was a vicious rumor created by the spiteful traitor Cardei in her hatred after being demoted to the rank of recruit. I do not consort with vrolocks and any claim to such is likely due to the hatred in Cardei's heart for me personally, she is a monster who can regenerate her flesh I have learned since her leave of the garda and if you do not believe me, cut off her arm and see for yourself; She is a DANGEROUS monster and any claims she makes are the lies of a serpent. Do not trust anything she says and destroy her and rid barovia of another monster, a monster that the wachters seem content to affiliate with and seem to believe her vicious lies.

-Lance Corporal Vincent Zolokorov Of the Vallaki Garda
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:06:40 AM by NecropolisV »
Currently Playing: Maloryn X'angondur

Closured:
Markus Shadebane, Adrian Von Viklov, Vincent Zolokorov, Adam, Ambrose De'Korban, Akin, Velindilieth Asuranaeh,

Better Dread than Dead

• The Bad Guy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 11:56:49 AM »
[Emerging from the western parts of Barovia, a number of scoundrels and brigands led by an enigmatic figure known only as “the Bandit King” arrive near the Grey City. Do they come here because they are fleeing the authorities in the lands owned by the new Lord Wachter, or do they come because they sense weakness in Vallaki’s mustered "acting militia"? It is difficult to say.

What is known is that they have already laid claim to the bridge that once served as the battleground for a many battles during the so-called “War of Copper Knives”, and have begun exacting "tolls" upon travelers wishing to head westwards. The orphanage and the Luminitus family orchard both remain unsullied, at least for now… but for how long?]

Better Dread than Dead

• The Bad Guy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2015, 06:42:35 PM »
[Rumor spreads of bandits entering the homestead of the Luminitus family, who maintain a small plum orchard near the orphanage. The criminals raided their pantry, stealing plentiful amounts of food, as well as coin and jewelry. After Gregor Luminitus called upon the guards for assistance, a bloody skirmish erupted between the bandits and members of the undermanned yet better equipped and trained Vallaki Guards. Come daybreak, the camp and barricades that once rested along the Luna River showing their presence were gone, with the bandits themselves fleeing in the dead of night..]

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2015, 02:39:00 AM »
The vicious sounds of clattering steel and spellfire explosions were heard from the direction of the Luna Bridge in the early morning of the 13th of Novembrie. What was once a somewhat clean bridge is now dripping with blood, staining the river well in to the morning sun for all those that travel for trade along the Old Svalich Road to see. Footprints lead over the bridge, furthering the streaks of blood only very slightly into the cursed Sullen Woods. Some begin to cry "Neuri" in light of the recent warnings spread throughout the nearby countryside which speak of the Wolf God's reign of terror-- spread by his Herald. One thing remains certain regardless, Old Night becomes far more restless and dangerous for those brave, or foolish enough to tempt the wolves which roam the darkness...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:40:39 AM by Sword »
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.