You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Mouse wheel zoom  (Read 1507 times)

Roose

• Dark Power
  • Neat.
Mouse wheel zoom
« on: February 18, 2014, 09:17:48 PM »
I recently bought a new mouse (Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500). My old one (Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 300) was going out. Now.. The new mouse works just fine in all aspects except zooming in and out via the mouse wheel. It zooms exceptionally slow, like 10 rotations of the mouse wheel before it will zoom in and out at all.

I've adjusted the wheel sensitivity in the game controls to no effect.

I've adjusted the mouse options in the control panel to no effect.

I've updated the drivers. I've uninstalled the drivers and re-installed them To no effect.

I don't seem to have any mouse wheel problems in any other game or application except NWN.

Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Three people can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Mouse wheel zoom
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 01:33:36 AM »
Have you tried plugging the mouse into another computer?  I plugged my windows mouse into a linux laptop and it was scrolling off the chain.  One click would scroll more than one page, and it was out of control.  I had to plug it back into the windows computer and turn it off or something to get it to fix itself.  It has something to do with the scrolling resolution, and I'm not sure exactly how it works, I just know it keeps the scrolling resolution from a previous device sometimes.

If you have done nothing else, make sure you have the mouse plugged in and on and turn off your computer.  Then turn on your computer.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:35:34 AM by Bad_Bud »

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 02:22:57 PM »
I also recently got a new computer with freshly installed Windows 7 on it. Mouse zoom in NWN is super slow, but is just fine on every other game. What an odd issue.. :think:

Boots

• Princess Postledash
  • Dark Power
  • The Bard Queen
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 10:27:09 PM »
I usually throw my mouse at something, then yell at it. Doesn't seem to work though.

swbf2lord

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 10:33:14 AM »
I also recently got a new computer with freshly installed Windows 7 on it. Mouse zoom in NWN is super slow, but is just fine on every other game. What an odd issue.. :think:
I had a similar issue, using a Logitech M705, with a fresh Windows install. The solution was as simple as installing the manufacturer's mouse drivers for me. I can't say for yours, but on the off chance you've been using the built-in drivers, it's worth a shot.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 03:10:38 PM »
Think it might be  a NWN bug.  I get it myself.

axeandhammer

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 01:32:38 PM »
I'm noticed the same thing recently with my windows wireless mouse. Works in other games fine just not in nwn.  I also have windows 7 recently installed after building a new comp. .very strange indeed