Author Topic: Seasonal farming?  (Read 1431 times)

Ellana Twiggy

Seasonal farming?
« on: November 30, 2013, 10:39:49 AM »
I am not entirely sure how feasible this might be, or lag intensive. Though I do know that the base of this would have to be tinkered to include which ever plants grow.
Rent able farm lands in the spring and only spring through summer months for those who might want to take their herbs to and try to grow more. The base idea for it is here, I rather stumbled across it :
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Scripts.Detail&id=2374

I am sure there would be a way to implement it and that several rent-able plots would be greatly received. There are plenty of farmers around barovia who might like to earn a  little extra coin by letting some one pay to grow things on their lands I imagine. Maybe the same goes for the out lying lands in port or hazlan. I know that the script could be simplified and cleaned up greatly by some one who is much better at such things than myself, but I see great potential here for it.
I can see it rented out on a weekly basis, just like the rooms in the inn's in port.

Feronius

• Dark Power
Re: Seasonal farming?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 12:46:09 PM »
Or perhaps alternatively something much simpler. Having the occasional potato, lettuce, pumpkin, etc. node spawn on the farmlands during the harvest seasons.
Pretty much exactly like how the current herb system works, but instead you get a consumeable. Pretty much all the items, objects and mechanics for it already exist.

The original post is an interesting suggestion as well, but I highly doubt it will be something the development team wants to prioritise.
I'd rather see another craft implemented instead. That said, if a cooking craft is ever implemented this would make a great addition to it.
(But on its own it is sort of like a mini-game hardly anyone will bother with. Or a mostly passive activity to double your herbs, etc.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:50:28 PM by Feronius »

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 01:20:49 PM »
Farmville???  :lol:

Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 01:24:50 PM »
Or perhaps alternatively something much simpler. Having the occasional potato, lettuce, pumpkin, etc. node spawn on the farmlands during the harvest seasons.
Pretty much exactly like how the current herb system works, but instead you get a consumeable. Pretty much all the items, objects and mechanics for it already exist.

The original post is an interesting suggestion as well, but I highly doubt it will be something the development team wants to prioritise.
I'd rather see another craft implemented instead. That said, if a cooking craft is ever implemented this would make a great addition to it.
(But on its own it is sort of like a mini-game hardly anyone will bother with. Or a mostly passive activity to double your herbs, etc.)
Not only are adventurers hobos and murderers, but they also steal food from the down trotted and poor farmers!

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Perkele

• JCD
  • Dark Lord
  • bionicman
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 09:40:26 PM »
More thieves to catch.
Gimme the GEP gun.