Author Topic: Banned  (Read 1818 times)

chuuch1

• Undead Slayer
Banned
« on: December 03, 2013, 07:32:47 PM »
Hi, not sure if this is the right place for this or not but anyways...

My friends recently told me about Ravenloft, so I finally decided to get it.  I bought nwn off of GOG and installed the cep, haks, music etc and attempt to join, except it says I have been banned.  I have literally JUST bought the game so I am a little confused.  I have played NWN a long time ago for years but had lost all my CDs and CD keys, so thats why I bought it off of GOG.  I used my old NWN account which was TaNgRiN2004, then I tried to create a new account chuuch1, both banned.  Can someone please give me a little insight here?  Thanks

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
Re: Banned
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 07:34:06 PM »
This is because you need to ask for a multiplayer key from GOG.

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 07:34:18 PM »

chuuch1

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 07:38:11 PM »
Ok phew, thought i had been banned all those years ago or something lol.  Thanks for the quick responses, about how long will it take for GOG to get back to me?

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 07:38:23 PM »
WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE CHURCH1, WE DONT WANT YOU HERE

J/K WELCOME TO POTM ^,..,^

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 07:40:13 PM »
Ok phew, thought i had been banned all those years ago or something lol.  Thanks for the quick responses, about how long will it take for GOG to get back to me?

In all seriousness, they're generally pretty quick about generating a key for you. They say it takes a few days, but I got mine in a matter of hours.

chuuch1

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »
Sounds good, should I get an email from them when its ready?  And how do I go about inputting the new cd key when i get it?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:55:55 PM by chuuch1 »

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 07:57:47 PM »
Sounds good, should I get an email from them when its ready?  And how do I go about inputting the new cd key when i get it?

Yes, you'll get an email. As for inputting the new CD Key, go to your directory for NWN and go to a file called nwncdkey.ini or similar, and open it up with Notepad. Just replace the vanilla NWN CD Key you have with the one you get from GOG.