You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Java Installer Questions  (Read 1036 times)

EberronBruce

• Dark Power
  • Legos
Java Installer Questions
« on: November 11, 2013, 11:18:12 AM »
I don't know if this is the right section of the forum or if it should be here or the tavern. Its not related to the game, but it is related to technical things.

I am starting to relearn Java again after some years. Normally, I wrote programs mostly for myself, but I want distribute it around. I just don't want to hand out JAR files. Seems to unprofessional. I want to create an install file to make it look more professional. I heard of a program called Excelsior and saw it working, but two issues. One its not free, and two I'm using a newer version of Java that may cause problems. The price tag is more of my issue as it has only a 90 day limit. So, I was wondering if there is any open source or freeware that can do the same thing as Excelsior. Anyone knows any programs that would work?

• Dark Power
Re: Java Installer Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 04:50:43 PM »
One of the best ones I have found is IZArc and it works well. Go to www.IZArc.org and read about the product. Also for distributing the product , make a face book page. It will will be easy to find and you will get instant comments about your product back to you so that you can easily modify such. This way people can rate your product and you can get free and instant input on your product.

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”