You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: NWN for Iphone!  (Read 3579 times)

Stotur

• Undead Slayer
NWN for Iphone!
« on: September 11, 2013, 10:54:04 PM »
Lol, its true.

With the remote desktop app "LogMeIn" (available for free on the Iphone App store) I have successfully run NWN on my phone. This was just to see if I could do it, not to actually play.

Get LogMeIn (both the app and on your computer that will be running NWN) and create an account.
Run LogMeIn on both your computer and your phone (Connect them, it walks you through it)

Now here you have to do a little extra in the NWN folder. We need to make it so NWN can run in windowed mode (will not display in full screen mode on my iPhone, though other smartphones may vary) Navigate to your NWN folder and find a file called nwn. It should look like a piece of paper with a cog on it. That's the nwn.ini file. Find the part where it says [Display Options] and edit FullScreen=1 to FullScreen=0 and add this line below it: AllowWindowedMode=1
It should look something like this:
[Display Options]
Width=1920
Height=1080
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60
TexturePack=3
SafeMovie=0
FullScreen=0
AllowWindowedMode=1

UseLargeFont=1

Emphasis added.

After this you can run it in windowed mode or toggle it with Alt+Enter. Anyway! Run NWN and toggle it on your iPhone with the LogMeIn keyboard. It should display properly and while it doesn't run great by any means you now no longer have any excuse against the mists siren song...

Screencaps below:

Enjoy! lol.

Dumas

• Dark Power
Re: NWN for Iphone!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 11:01:49 PM »
Ha! Wow.. technology... is there anything you can't do?

Stotur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 11:04:00 PM »
Ha! Wow.. technology... is there anything you can't do?

Me, personally? no there is not.   :wink:

swbf2lord

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 11:13:45 PM »
Feasible though? Not a bit. Certainly not on a small screen like that. Tablets are a maybe.

Silverfox

• Undead Master
  • Goggles
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 11:19:23 PM »
Think this would be achievable via my HTC One?
A most troublesome Fox.

Stotur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 11:25:05 PM »
This is true. Again, this was just to see if I could do it. Although I would be interested to see what it would be like to hook up some bluetooth mouse/keyboard just for fun as well.

As for an HTC One I don't know... That's an android phone, right? I've never had an Android phone but...

https://secure.logmein.com/welcome/android/

That looks like it could work.

Stotur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 11:27:05 PM »
Also, there is a "pro" version and a free version. I did this with the free version, so you might want to make sure there is a free version of Ignition. The program displayed on the tablet though looks the same as the one I used, so I would imagine it would work.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 11:52:18 PM »
This is the best thing. Yessssssssss.

queenofspades

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 01:05:07 AM »
I'll have to see if I can get this going on my Ipad.... its kind of interesting.
Currently Playing
Filipa Florea
Gwendolyn Blackmore
Ylndar Lharithlyn
Erik Mihaly
Chloe Labelle

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 01:08:45 AM »
this is kind of cool. Not sure I would do this but cool nonetheless.

Stotur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 02:25:21 AM »
Tested. Works on Ipad. With a nice bluetooth keyboard/mouse it wouldn't be that bad I don't think. At least for a mobile setup when you just have to feed that mist need on the go, lol.

swbf2lord

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 02:28:48 AM »
*cough* Laptop *cough* Ultrabook *cough cough*

:P :P

In all seriousness though, I've tried similar things to this before, and in my experience, they're never good enough to actually be usable. If you have a laptop, or an ultrabook, you could get the full experience on the go, which might be the better option.

Stotur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 02:53:03 AM »
Lol, well yeah, that would be a better option. This whole experiment though is really just to see what I can pull off. I really don't ever play anywhere other than my desktop.

New Challenge!

Installed LogMeIn on my ipad. Run game on iPad and log into desktop on my phone using TouchMouse to use that as a mouse. It works except for the fact I can't see my mouse cursor move on the iPad. If I watch my monitor and know where to click it's functioning fine. Must figure this out!  :banghead:

swbf2lord

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 03:01:35 AM »
Lol, well yeah, that would be a better option. This whole experiment though is really just to see what I can pull off. I really don't ever play anywhere other than my desktop.

New Challenge!

Installed LogMeIn on my ipad. Run game on iPad and log into desktop on my phone using TouchMouse to use that as a mouse. It works except for the fact I can't see my mouse cursor move on the iPad. If I watch my monitor and know where to click it's functioning fine. Must figure this out!  :banghead:

Are you taking about in NWN itself? If so, it could be due to the fact NWN has its own cursor.

Stotur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 03:20:03 AM »

New Challenge!

Are you taking about in NWN itself? If so, it could be due to the fact NWN has its own cursor.

I think my problem is that the iPad doesn't have cursor support at all due to its nature. I may have hit a brick wall on this unless I jailbreak my iPad which I don't really want to do just so I can say I did some ridiculous setup for the sake of doing it.

Stotur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 03:23:58 AM »
I should clarify a bit. I can SEE a cursor because I'm using a remote desktop app to view NWN on my iPad in the first place. My problem is that I can't get my cursor to MOVE, so I can't see what I'm clicking on. I can see it change back and forth from the arrow to the NWN cursor when I move in an out of NWN. I'm basically trying to get the cursor on my computer (controlled by my phone) to move on the iPad and it's not cooperating.

Stotur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 04:31:06 AM »
Argh! When I move my physical mouse it will move on the iPad now. When I try to control it with my phone it will not. Sigh... I think I may have hit the end of the line here.

LivingWasteland

• Dark Lord
  • LOOT B4 LUV - TIEFLING LYFE
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 06:16:58 AM »
I started doing that with my tablet yesterday, using the TeamViewer remote software

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 09:35:31 AM »
There goes my life !  :ahem:

Theley

• New to the Mists
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 12:56:09 PM »

Theley - Red Vardoi wannabe
Thola Fezim - Follower of the Lawgiver