You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Krynnian sub races  (Read 1213 times)

MadJKevlar

• Undead Master
  • Ah! the generals! (is AKA WhenWolvesHoundThePrey)
Krynnian sub races
« on: August 13, 2013, 12:38:23 PM »
I noticed something recently when creating a half ork, if you give it a Krynnian back ground there is no options to make it half oger and orks do not exist among Krynns monsters at all, is it possible to have the option placed in to replace the Halfork status with half oger for Krynnian half breed brutes please? i believe the template would be identical and is just a case of terminology.

LadyDragn

• Undead Master
Re: Krynnian sub races
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 01:12:50 PM »
I believe Ogres are very different from Orcs. Orcs were born aggressive, ugly and twisted

Orcs are aggressive humanoids that raid, pillage, and battle other creatures. They have a hatred of elves and dwarves that began generations ago and they often kill them on sight.

Orcs suffer a –1 penalty to attack rolls in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.

When they’re not actually fighting other creatures, orcs usually spend their time planning raids or practicing their fighting skills. Their language varies slightly from tribe to tribe but anyone who speaks Orc can understand them. Some orcs know Goblin or Giant as well.

While Ogres of Krynn were a beautiful race but some became twisted.

Irda

Even more lovely than elves, the original ogres were the most beautiful of all the races on Krynn, and among the most powerful sorcerers. Except in the case of injury or suicide, they had extremely long lifespans and were virtually immortal. With the passage of time, though, ogre society crumbled because of an internal division between the ogres that wanted to live in peace with the other races and those who wanted to enslave them. As punishment, the latter were turned into horrible creatures, twisted by evil.

The ogres that wanted to live in peace escaped to an isolated island north of Ansalon, and with the blessing of Paladine, became shape-shifters. They took the name of Irda to differentiate themselves from the twisted ogres. Despite their good intentions, years of isolation from the world would eventually make them a very prideful people.

Twisted Irda

The curse that turned the original ogres (Irda) into their current shape gave them a tremendous strength as well as a tendency of wild, anger-driven attitude. In the change, however, they lost most of their magical powers, concentrating only in brute strength. They live in clans, especially near mountains, and usually raid near towns to provide themselves with food and tools.

MadJKevlar

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 03:59:36 PM »
The point i am trying to get at is that you cannot have a half orc from Krynn

The only thing close to a half orc is a half oger

dark vision and extra strength and lower int is all a half orc gets

A half oger would generally be the same, dark vision and improved physique lower intelligence.

I am not really talking about orks or ogers cos as far as i know there not playable races.

All i am realy trying to aim for is when a Krynnian half ork dies it does not get tagged as a half ork and rather says more relisticly "Name - Male Half oger" rather then saying there is a Krynnian half ork on the floor cos dems do not exist.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:09:19 PM by MadJKevlar »

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 04:09:37 PM »
We have no intention of allowing half-ogres, even Krynnish ones. We just have to remove "Krynn" from the background choices of half-orcs.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

MadJKevlar

• Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 04:16:58 PM »
cool that works.