You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Heterochromia  (Read 56500 times)

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
  • "Maudlyn" Argali Dupont, Lazula Zhuelke, and more
Re: Heterochromia
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2015, 02:59:52 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her voice was strange to her, and yet all too familiar. When did she start talking like that? Her face hurt from laughter. Her hands bled from conflict. Her eyes gleamed with life and mischief and hunger. Want. She had almost forgotten what it felt like, to want. To know. To be silent. To dare.

Her companion bumped into her back. They shared a glance, wild eyed smiles. She never felt more alive, backs pressed together, death closing in.

The universal elements swirled within her, destroying whatever social constructs imprisoned her. Devious fabrications. Simpering limitation... She heaved in breath, re-gripping gory blades with a satisfying squelch of blood and creak of leather. The wolves bayed and barked, stepping over fallen pack-mates, tooth and gum bare. Saliva dripping. Eyes burning. Words could not convey the joy she felt at the prospect of bending her foes over her blades. They didn't teach that in sermon. They suppressed it. The wolves charged in unison, a symphony of complimentary movement. It was beautiful. Nature at its finest. Swords flashed. Blood arced and sluiced. Bones broke. Howls of pain and death filled the night sky as a Bloodmoon glowed dim and ominously overhead. She survived. The wolves were dead and dying. Her companion stumbled over as she favored an arm. They looked upon another, so like wild animals in that moment.

"You beautiful savage."

She awoke from her dream.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:03:04 AM by Mailbox-2001 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2015, 04:53:02 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Spiders...

Monstrous spiders. In what layer of the infinite levels of abyss were such creatures conceived? Spears for legs, nightmares for eyes. They were hairy too. Good gods, why are such things allowed to be? Perhaps because there are no gods. They're all dead. Dead or gone rotten like the rest of this world.

Monstrous spiders. There were so many and so little time. At least Sal got out. Got me out too, in the end. Now we share more than a similar lineage in common. I hate spiders. Everything about them. I would destroy them in a fiery maelstrom of rabid prejudice given enough fire and rabies. Hells on high. Gods below. Monstrous SPIDERS! Amarth faeg!

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2015, 02:19:43 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Argali paused at the banks of the Tser pool to examine herself. Kneeling, she studied her countenance more closely. Scarred, horrific, her lip twitched, but she didn't look away. Tracing a hand over a scar she recalled its story. They all had a story, she recounted every one thoughtfully for what must have been hours. By the end of her reflecting she saw someone else in that pool. She did not see a victim, a casualty of circumstance. No. She saw a survivor. A warrior. A champion. Of what? Her life, if nothing more. But, oh, there would be so much more.
A dog's barking drew her attention as her caravan was arriving. She turned gleaming eyes from the pool and rose. "Coming, Marco."
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHcvET15ko8[/youtube]
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 02:21:14 AM by Mailbox »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2015, 09:56:57 PM »
Where, oh, where have the days gone?
They seem to blur together the past while, I've been busy. That is to say, at the very least.
A friend with gold is the best I'm told. By various connotations I find this to be true. Such a shame I'm still broke.
I would be remiss, however, to complain about such frivolities. Time spent has been anything but in vanity. My debts will be paid soon. Very soon.
Nine hells. Am I free? What level is this? Am I finally free?

'Keep your head up,' the words came as if from God. We were the only two to survive.
'Keep your head up,' I was in some canopied hell; defeated. Our companion's bodies stank from upwind. I looked to him. He stared with eyes like truth.
Something in those depths reflected what he saw in me. I stood strong.
We moved on.

Sometimes, when we test our limits, we find there never were.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5S6s5dZXNM[/youtube]

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2015, 11:50:26 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What's the point?" he asked, crestfallen.
"To grow strong," she replied. "now go."
Sighing, he renewed his complaint. "But how does this help? We already have money."
Pinching the bridge of her nose, "Everyone has butts and they all stink."
"But-"
"They stink! If you can't do a simple job how can you do anything else?"
He sighed.
"If you sigh again I will choke the life from you. Go."
"You're not helping."
"I'm the best thing to ever happen to you."
He paused, opened his mouth, shut it, squinted and left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I hail from Riativin, perhaps you've heard of it?"
"The City of Thieves!"
She furrowed her brow. "Shit."
"Can you juggle?"
"Mostly lies."
"?"
"Hehe, knives too."
"Can I see? The knives, not the lies."
"... I have some horrible news to tell you."
"Oh, there were others there, for sure, but none so self important as I."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 11:54:10 PM by Mailbox »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2015, 11:34:11 PM »
"Bless, Mother."
Her wounds were shallow, but stung all the same. Now they were whole thanks to the Priestess' touch.
Argali bowed and went her way.

Sigh...
"Money."

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2015, 10:34:07 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They came from everywhere.
A storm of bone and steel, plastering the cavern floors and walls in the gore of her companions.

"Back!"
One down.
"Run!"
Two down, three, four.
A horrible death rattle squelched from the most unfortunate of the fallen, split near in half from breast to groin.

You don't forget such things, not ever.

Instinct became her. That primal aspect honed and conditioned over decades of professional abuse.
Words could no longer convey any merit, there was only action.
She ran, bringing up the rear of her remaining allies:

Gergely or Geri, as she singularly seemed to refer him, a devout Morninglordian and friend.
And Ardis, a distant cousin of more classical elven lineage.

Whatever differences born between them vanished in those following moments.

Passing through a narrow arch, Argali stopped and turned.
How many times must she flee from the face of death? How many must die for her to live?

Amarth Faeg!

Bracing, an arrow whistled past her ear. Piercing steel, cracking bone. Stones quickly joined the volley.
Ardis and Geri needed no prompting.
She was not alone.
Though they held that arch against the legion, it was only just.
She and her companions were spent.
Physically, emotionally, spiritually.
Argali could only breathe as the fallen were tended, burning from exertion.
All she could think of at that moment was her father's smug face. She could almost hear him,

"Well done."

She hated that she loved him in that moment.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:11:39 AM by Mailbox-2001 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2015, 11:56:27 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Breeeeathe."

Her temper was flared, bright and hot.

"Breeeeeathe, Little Lion."

She wanted to listen, but wanting something is only half the battle.
She roared, leaping at Instructor with a savage left hand with all the forces of hell behind it.
She should have listened.

Instructor was some anomaly. First she saw him, clear as day, smug as ever. Next she was flying.
She recalled a pressure at her wrist before becoming reacquainted with the ground.
"Haaaah.." Her breath abandoned her when she needed it most, karma, maybe. Instructor had warned her.
She gasped for air, eyes wide. Instructor appeared overhead.
"Breeeeeeeeeathe."
Oddly, his accompanying gesticulations aiding in conducting the rebellious youth.
She started to regain composure after a period of shameful writhing.
Instructor began to circle her. "Of all my charges your moods are most legendary. Discipline! She is a valuable ally. She offers motivation and sound advice."
Argali climbed to her feet with effort. "Why is... Discipline... a woman?"
Instructor laughed at some great joke.

Steadying herself, Argali narrowed those queer eyes over Instructor like some beast of prey when he suddenly spoke,
"Of course you wouldn't know, you never listen." Argali stiffened as if struck, then relaxed considerably.
"Heh.." She smirked.

"This is the Argali I like. En Garde!"
Instructor lunged.
Argali was ready.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:12:00 AM by Mailbox-2001 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2015, 02:50:27 AM »

Argali smoked her pipe quietly from a lofty vantage, high above the city streets, a leg dangling precariously over the edge. She observed the comings and goings of those below in the street lights, musing how no one ever looked up.

Church bells rang out across the city, setting birds to flight. Argali watched, invariably turning her attention to the Theatre across the way.
That's what this was about now, she hadn't been to the city since the presentation of Lefebvre's "Death Monologues".

"What will my legacy be?"
The church bells still rang.
Argali mused, "More than a pile of gold."
The bells chimed thirteen and grew silent but for their reverberation.
Argali turned, smoking from her pipe, wondering who died.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:12:19 AM by Mailbox-2001 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2015, 09:30:03 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Argali traced a finger over the spine of a leatherbound journal. Houlgrave stood not far removed, minding his business, occasionally adjusting his spectacles to observe his sole customer that evening.
"Closing soon."

Considering another moment, Argali plucked the book from its shelf. "I'll just take this."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Walking Vallaki's streets, Argali observed the dwindling activity as the sun cascaded brilliantly over the horizon, burning bright in its final moments before old night would snuff it out.
The air was tense, recent talk was of murder. Murder, wolves and winter. The locals hardly even gave the elf a sideways look, more pressing concerns, evidently.
She made the gate just before closing, the guard looking at her with some trepidation before scanning the horizon, muffling something distinctly Barovian.
A warning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That evening the outskirts were filled with distant howls of promised violence, a storm was brewing.
Though varied, opposed, weary and or jaded, the outlanders banded together, preparing defenses before the temple of the Morning Lord.
Then they waited, sharing idle banter and worried commentary around the fires.
A howl unlike any split the din, everyone went silent.
"There! They're coming!"
A horde of werewolf came thundering from the night.
The wolves smashed into the front line, stratagem quickly dissolving into skirmishes. Then it came from the Darkness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A werewolf larger and stronger than the rest, blacker than night, fast as light. It tore through those unfortunate enough to even be born.
Its minions fleeing or dispatched, the outlanders sought to surround the terror, nearly felling the thing- with unholy might did the thing bound free, chased by a hail of missiles, magical and otherwise.
Too fast to pursue on foot, too wounded to care for more than a next breath, the battle was ended.
Blood trickled through every crevice and there was lamentation over the dead.
Mother Lizuca had a busy evening.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Argali couldn't forget the ordeal, the creature was preternaturally cunning, unlike any specimen she had seen before.
She wondered, then, if it would remember her, and her burning sword.
Argali sat in solitude, wondering about her companions then.
Were they safe? Were they sound? Puffing from her pipe, she considered the empty journal before her.
"Everything starts.. with a single point." She reached for an implement to write with and laughed when she found nothing.
"Soon." She thought, amused by her absentmindedness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:12:40 AM by Mailbox-2001 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2015, 05:13:05 AM »
, ...     ,. ...     .  . . .  is this air?  , , .. . . ....   , . . .  , , .  .. .  . .,  ,     .,  .  . . . . . .. . . . .. . . .,. ,  .. . . .  , . ....., , . . .. ,., .               .  ..                 ..     ,   .   

~~~'~,~~~~~'~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~,~~~~,~~~~~~~////~~~~~~~~~~~~,~~~~~,~~'~~~~~~~~~~~,'~~~~~~~,,~~,~~~~~~~'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:14:02 AM by Mailbox-2001 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2015, 10:06:42 PM »
, ...     ,. ...     .  . . .  . . ...,  , , .. . . ....   , . . .  , , .  .. .  . .,  ,     .,  .  . . . . . .. . . . .. . . .,. ,  .. . . .  , . ....., , . . .. ,., .               .  ..                 ..     ,   . 
//////////////////////////////////////////////;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,,,,,,,,,,,,,............................................................................--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---

[The following is written in a loose flowing elven script, bound to a thin leather journal.]

Where to properly begin? Is there such a thing?
Perhaps, though I know nothing of the sort.

What I remember most keenly is pain.
An agonizing full spectrum of color and emotion. My God. The pain.
The blood. The tears, sweat and regrets.
Fighting. Fighting to breathe. To find a reason to rise one more time.
The burning sun. The comforting, numbing shadows.

After years of being lost in these mists, like so many, after years of silence and void there is vision.
So vibrant and beautiful. So intense I feel I'm only alive when striving toward it.
All the screams, the clawing and biting. The pincers and stingers, poison and traps.
Nothing can keep me from my dream but death, and I am ready to die. Again and again and again if I must.
Existing is simply not enough. It is not enough.

I deserve to be here by right of my breath alone.
This beating in my chest is purpose.
I am divinely appointed.
By blood anointed.

My past in stone, my future unwritten, what now?
Sun and fire.
A living pyre.
Sacrifice.
Supplication.
I know not what power hears me. I know not your name but I know you are here. Listening. Watching. Judging.
I love you.
I need you.
I miss you.
Come to me. Come now. Burn me to ghost.
Let my embers feed the trees, let me fly in the breeze, set me free from this world, and into eternity.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 07:25:24 PM by Mailbox-2001 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2015, 03:38:13 AM »
, ...     ,. ...     .  . . .  . . ...,  , , .. . . ....   , . . .  , , .  .. .  . .,  ,     .,  .  . . . . . .. . . . .. . . .,. ,  .. . . .  , . ....., , . . .. ,., .               .  ..                 ..     ,   . 
 The big boys pushed her aside,

"Stay in line, whelp."

Though bitten by the snake of anger, Argali managed a smile to the trio, offering a slight if cordial bow of submission.
The biggest of the boys made a noise of contempt before they moved up in line for chow.

"Crazy.."

They didn't like smiles or things they didn't understand, like how some quiet, lanky elven girl could beat them so handily in any assessment duel in the Academy.
Alone, that is. It was no secret Argali was something of a prodigy when it came to killing. How could it be any other way with such illustrious upbringing?
It also bears to mention she was older than anyone else attending the notorious and clandestine Shadow Academy. The first of her kind in its storied history, no less; an elf!
Her instructors favored her, her classmates envied her, she kept to herself. It did little for her popularity.

Finding her enriched gruel she thanked the server as she always did, raising the tray and bowing her head, eliciting a snort in return. Manners cost nothing and can save you from a pretty scar, she had learned, long ago. She always sat alone, back to the wall, minding her meal but keeping everything in front of her for observation with those strangely mismatched eyes. One a pale green, which tended to twitch when she was caught in some emotion or another. The other, a dark and ruddy color, comparative to the unruly curls which cascaded just over her eyes. Those eyes watched the boy approaching her table now. Argali's most recent duel.

"Hello." He smiled. Argali's eye twitched the tiniest bit, scrutinizing the young man. She could still recall those lips gurgling blood, those eyes staring at her wide and- he took a seat apart from her, startling her from her recollection.
She instinctively scanned the hall for observers, everyone pretended to mind their business. The boy came back into focus, he was studying her, curious. "Boy yer strange," he remarked at length.
The elf watched him a moment longer before he continued. "Are all elfs so strange? I heard so, but different kinda strange. Like, they like the smell of their own farts kinda strange." He gestured with a hand like he were smelling wine.
He quirked his lips a bit, his brow following suit as Argali simply watched him.
He exhaled in some humor as he rose, a hand slapping the table. "caught ya at a bad time, sorry ta-" "Wait." She said, maybe a little too loud.
Maybe it was the way she moved.

They were watching now, everyone quiet. She stared at them. Slowly, they resumed their business. Looking back, he sat again.
"Its 'elves', not 'elfs'," her lips quirked in amusement, "And we don't smell our farts out of wine glasses- whatever that means."
His brow arched, "You sure?" Argali stared at him, then smiled. "Can I help you?"
He grinned, taking a bite out of his bread, watching her. Argali settled back into her own meal, her eyes never leaving the boy's.
At length, "I like you." Her eye twitched, "I thought I was strange." "I like your strange." "What about it?" "Everything up to and including the mystery." "Mystery?"
"What are you doing here?" Argali studied him, "Bringing honor to my house."
He smirked, "Here?"
Quiet, humorless, "Everywhere."

Scratching some stubble, "Well if you wanna do that then you got some things ta learn."
Argali turned her head, regarding him sidelong, "I'm top of the class."
"And bottom of the barrel." She set her jaw at those words.
He propped his elbows on the table, folding his hands, "The way I see it, I'm your best friend."
Argali was dubious. He put on his most winning smile. The elf took her time, an uncomfortable amount, human standard.

"I don't need your help." She decided, continuing to spoon gruel and finally breaking her fixation.
The boy hesitated, his tone softening, "I wasn't offering help. Just wanted to talk is all."
She looked up again, her expression unchanged.
"Don't elfs have friends?" His tone taking a petulant edge, "Or they all annoying fart sniffers like you?"
He rose, seating himself elsewhere in the hall.

"Elves." She corrected, but no one was there to hear. Her eye twitched, but no one was there to see.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:13:23 AM by Mailbox-2001 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2015, 11:55:23 PM »

"Your soul is ours!" goes the cry
I think not, "I'd rather die."

"Then this day will mark your last!"
So I smile, "Come kiss my ass."

"We are legion, you are you!"
"You are nothing, I refuse."

"NOW YOU FACE THE DEVIL'S HORDE."
No more words, I draw my sword.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 10:14:56 AM by Mailbox0002 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2015, 09:43:40 PM »
Spoiler: show

Rereading the story, she let the paper flutter from an outstretched hand into the sea. A lonely tear joined it in the deep.

"You coming, bright eyes?"

Argali turned, scratching just below her eye. "Yeah."

He nodded after the paper. "What was that?"

"An old friend." She smiled a bit, moving from the waters. "Lets go."

« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:51:06 AM by Mailbox »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2015, 04:13:31 AM »
@~,~'~~           ~~,~'~@
There was something about these lands...
Her caravan made a ruckus as it jostled along the muddy throughway.
It had been raining,
as was often the case in Barovia.

Argali chewed a nail, watching the mists thin in her caravan's wake.
She stopped suddenly, smirking through her fingers.
Bad habit.

Bleak, cold, desolate. Somewhere in the distance a wolf howled.
It was good to be home.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 04:18:06 AM by Mailbox »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2016, 11:43:27 PM »
~~~
Astounding how loved I am.
Astounding how I can love.
~~~
Give and take.
Second chances and messy breaks.
Nobody is perfect. Nobody is perfect.
Not even the thought for just a little bit.

We've laughed and we've fought.
And look now what its brought now.
Just hungry and silent mouths.
Wanting to speak, but nothing comes out.

How long will I stay?
When will I ever return?
When will we learn?
When will we ever learn?

I've travelled so long now.
Travelled so far and so wide.
And in all my time on earth,
there's no one I'd rather have by my side.
My side
My side
My side
~Let's fly~

« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:54:19 AM by Mailbox »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2016, 08:15:11 PM »

She tried to suppress it a long time. The sweeping scars that mired her complexion. She hated to look at herself. She pretended she was normal.
Her face was a lifetime of ruthless, professional abuse. What was more were the subtle ways in which she could express the damage beyond her countenance.
That somewhere, deep down, was a tortured and very lost soul.

For the first time in what felt a lifetime she found herself before a grand mirror set above an elaborate stand, upon entering her accommodated hotel room.
There, frozen as if caught, was some wretched thing. Her garments were frayed and dirty. Her hair, wild. Filthy. She plucked a twig from it and drew closer to the mirror, doffing her hood.

"Oh, no no no." She clicked her tongue admonishingly.
"This won't do."

With one hand she grabbed a handful of matted, frizzy hair, and a dagger with the other. She smiled at herself.
She had people to see.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2016, 06:30:08 PM »
~*~
The wind was in her hair.
The sun was on her face.
And all those lonely years
were gone without a trace.
~*~
I had an interesting talk the other day. About dreams, about sleep.
My kind, elves, don't sleep, don't 'dream'. I find the concept somewhat difficult to grasp.
Upon further discussion I had the thought, "what if I'm dreaming now?".
Is that what it is to be of the Tel-quessir? To dream without waking?

How lucid I've become.
~M~

« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 10:59:43 AM by Mailbox0001 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2016, 12:32:43 PM »

~*~
From whence it came,
it shall return.
For all its wrought,
it shall now burn.
And not return,
for an eon and a day
Or so I pray.
Or so I pray.

~*~
"Thy lips be cleansed."
She nodded deferentially, turned on her way.
The dilapidated walls of the temple loomed around her, arches yawned overhead.
Various denizens cloistered to their respective interests.
"Argali!"
She didn't register the voice, the name. Her head hurt, she kept walking, trying to shake the cobwebs.
"Hey!" A figure grabbed her shoulder, she turned violently, twisting her assailant's sleeve, exposing his flank.
She blinked rapidly, coming to. "Woah, now!" She released the arm, her friend smiled with concern, rubbing his wrist.
"You alright, Argali?" His eyes turned to the dagger in her hand, flickering back to her queerly matched gaze.
She buried the dagger in its sheathe and smiled.
"Aye."
________________________________________________________________________________

« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 04:04:05 PM by Mailbox0000 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2016, 04:06:43 PM »

A figure sat hunched, bundled under a heap of cloak and pelt. Crackling firelight flickered moments of her face, flashes of her eyes, so differently hued.
Reflected in those orbs was the card in her fingers. She often sat like this, and there she sat.

Suddenly she flicked the card spinning neatly into the fireplace, where it snapped, crackled and popped.
She regathered her cloaks and smiled. The effects were pleasing.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 04:08:40 PM by Mailbox0001 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2016, 12:00:12 AM »

Mother? Father? But where am I to go?

Somewhere in Barovia

Slowly the tremors subsided. One arm pressed across her chest to clutch the other.
Her teeth gave a final gnash before parting and drawing breath again, puffing against the frigid air.
With trembling fingers she wiped perspiration from her brow, despite all the cold.

"Damnit!" she growled, pushing off the wall of her cavernous home.
She couldn't understand the nature of the episodes she suffered, and dragged her nails along the wall, wincingly, before dropping her hand back to her side with a laze, coming to the cave mouth.

There she watched the sun reclaim the heavens, a ray of light kissed her face, filling her with warmth.
It was always coldest before dawn.

She sighed, reminded of the friends she left behind.
She watched the silent vistas as, slowly, nature stirred.

"From death, life." She intoned, suddenly humored.
She stretched, raising her hands heavenward.

___
_________

« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 12:02:03 AM by Mailbox0001 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2016, 09:06:12 PM »

She slung her rucksack across her shoulder and rose, feeling the weight of her possessions.
Shortly after, it fell to the floor, with a clatter and a thud. She dusted her hands. She wouldn't need it. No, none of it mattered where she was going.
She made her way outside the cave where the sun greeted her, and she it.
Giving a look toward the summit of the Mountain, she began her ascent.

The winds buffeted her cloak, and whipped her hair painfully across her eyes, yet still, she climbed.
And though the summit was far, and the thought of turning back constantly assailed her; she endured.

Cresting a final jutty, she climbed the final span to her feet, her breath ragged from the culmination of her effort.
The wind galed as she surveyed the scene with some small satisfaction, and lo', but what did she behold?
Such beauty as was beyond measure. It could not possibly be quantified by mere words. Perhaps so is why it took her breath away.
It was something you had to feel  for yourself, for to see it was likewise to read it, a shadow of dimensions, and nothing like unto understanding.
To feel is to know that there are realms beyond the bodies limit, beyond the comprehension of the seat of the soul:
This old temple.

~*~
Father in heaven, Guider in mist
Hear my calling, grant me this wish
I pray for beginning, I pray for an end
I pray for your favor, and not that of men

I pray for your strength, to see me through
I pray for your courage, to makes things new
I pray for your wisdom, to guide as a light
through all of the horror, and perils of night.

~*~

Amen.

When she raised her head, the winds had stopped and the clouds were parting, permitting something blinding and Awesome.
In that fraction her right eye scorched and blazed with flame, crying out she [takes cover], knowing fear, when:

Behold,
I make all things new

Speechless, awed, she lowered her hands, and there was no pain.
She could see! Good God almighty, she could see!
She laughed, and cried, and they were the same.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:11:19 PM by Mailbox0001 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2016, 01:03:48 AM »
The elf rolled her neck, stretched it side to side.
She stared down the way, for truly, there was no path.
Twisting and winding and treacherous, and a long way of it too.
Adjusting her pack she took the first step, and many more were to follow.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(New song by a friend of mine. :))
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:19:31 AM by Mailbox0002 »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2016, 10:57:54 AM »

The tavern patrons laughed in bawdy merriment.
Drinks sloshed in wooden mugs, stools creaked and clattered amidst the din.

Argali sat apart, amused.
"So?" Removed by a table before her was a wiry man in threaded wear. Peeking from above his collar was a dull chain. Argali knew a Sunburst lay above his heart. His brow busheled now.
Argali considered, "I think I'm far too elven and woefully female to be a champion."
"Absurd," came the man "you well know some of our finest to be of the fairer two."
"Elven?" The man bobbed a bit "Yes, that would be a first." He looked to her again, "Think of the honor."
It was Argali's turn to bushel her brow. "If I did this it wouldn't be for honor."
The man watched her, expectant of some explanation.
She complied, "It would be for love." She rose to leave, leaving a gold-fang atop the table with a reaming sound. "This should cover us, aye?"
The man watched her critically. "You remind me of someone."
Argali paused, squinting at the man.
He glanced away, "It is like a dream... I can't quite say."
Argali puzzled momentarily when he returned his gaze, "You can't run forever. Sooner or later the dawn will come. The question is; will it warm your bones, or will it burn them to ash?"
They stared at another. Argali wet her lip.
"Thy lips be cleansed,"
"aye," she murmured, taking her leave. Outside a wagon trundled along, pulled by an oxen. An exotic looking outlander smiled and waved at her. Argali raised a hand in response, squinting at the light of midday. Stepping onto the road she wondered at those words. They conflicted her.
She knew she could do a lot of good, if she but submitted, and served, but she wondered.

She wondered far down the street.