Mailbox-2100:
[The entry constitutes a depiction.]
So many memories...
There's only one way.

Mailbox-2100:
CIRCA 774

Maudlyn A Dupont
"It is better to walk with God- then to run with the devil."

Hosea 4:6   My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou  shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
Sunday School
  Argali awoke before dawn. Whatever reverie, lethargy, or imagination held her being dissipated by her morning supplication; her prayers. Like her fey sinew and muscles, her spirit had continued to grow, and even flourish here, so far removed from the miasma of the artificial Construct- what humans called Society.

Out here, nature held dominion, and so she had come to understand certain things a life among the younger races had stymied, that their pagan culture and idols sought to consume. Her Lord, her Savior, how awesome truth was- though born another world, another reality, she had never known such beauty and simplicity. Though the devil ruled this world of flesh and bone, there were worlds yet removed, that of the spirit, that which she knew so well, for from it she was born, and in it she lived, died, and would remain eternal.

The boys stirred, she could hear them clamor about as they fixed breakfast. It was Sunday, they would pray, and then they would train. Though her brood were young, they were strong, and most importantly, motivated. Perhaps it was their love for her, but such carnal thoughts would not sustain them, for she could not reciprocate such folly. They would learn, and they would grow. Just as she had, and would, and was. And so she rose from her private place of worship, and turned to meet the day. For fate is what we make of it.

Such strange eyes, which walked by faith, and not by sight.

Mon sang pour les leurs.

Mailbox-2100:
ACTS 4:10-11  Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even  by him doth this man  stand here before you whole.  This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Pilgrimage
  Argali knelt and embraced the smallest child. She had already explained where she was going, and how long she would be, but the strength of the child proved almost insurmountable. "Don't go!" Argali couldn't help but laugh internally. She smiled therefore, and held the child at arms length, marveling over such a creation. "I have to. I am called by the Lord." The child cried, and Argali's smile turned to one of joy and sorrow. She rose before she grow overly maudlin- though her name was similar, her heart was stronger than any term or endearment. She heard Him calling: once more: and more; stronger then ever before.

ACTS 4:12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Only when she entered the city gates did she shed tears, for the evil which confounded the people. And her blood grew hot, and implacable.

Revelation 13:18  Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is  Six hundred threescore and  six.

Mailbox-2100:
   Magic... Argali had never manifested signs before. Life in her father's shadow hid a scarred and stern visage, yet since meeting the Preacher her scars began to heal, and her rigidity had given way to a form like clear water, such that no lesser substance could long muddy her depths. She was young when she arrived on that misty and fateful day, and still she remained, but she was strong, in mind and in body, and still something more, quite intangible, but palpable all the same. She was a perfect enigma, and lovely to behold- if fleeting, like a blue sky, or a butterfly. While her smile could engender such fealty, she gave it free, and uncompromisingly. Never asking any thing  save peace.

Magic... Argali had never manifested signs before.
Something had changed. For all her love, for all her light, there were many who hated her still. For those who hate do so for hatred sake. For a bad tree bears bad fruit, as a good tree bears good fruit.   And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

How can I ever forget...

Mailbox-2100:
" Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. "
-Matthew 5:13

She didn't need to hide.
Argali Dupont

She shore her hair, long red locks spilling to the floor and washbasin before her...
She grinned at herself in the mirror. Her hair was short enough to stop snagging at bramble and in her eyes- let alone a beast  of a man. Such savagery. They bathe in the blood of their enemies. They don't discriminate on any species I've yet noted.. Perhaps, in time, they may see me as I am. Until then, mine is the grand endeavor.

Ai ren yalo!

Lord God... Glory be your name. May I serve you unto death for your love and creation. May we serve eachother, held in the promise of your law, which is your Word. May our faith prove holy, and sanctified, and rich in blessing. May we praise and honor your name, our king: Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Who bore the truth of our heritage, and the curse of death, for our salvation through Him.
Set your angels among us, Lord!

Selah!

Amen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version