You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Zsofika: A collection of moments  (Read 1388 times)

Nekro83

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
Zsofika: A collection of moments
« on: April 19, 2021, 04:41:35 PM »

Zeidenburg 18th April 776

Zsofika aimed quickly and fired her pistol, shooting one of the assaulter right in the chest, but only to see two more taking his place...
The Fifth Company first line had been shattered, and the Nerullite cultists quickly reached her, while she was recharging...Zsofika had only the time to see Balt going down surrounded by foes...then all went black.

---

The Nerullites were after the Lord Regent, and the Fifth was trying to protect him, taking shelter inside an Ezrite Church...two waves of enemies had already been repelled...but the third was probably too much...

---

An hand grabbed Zsofika, wrestling her form the blackness of unconsciousness...it was Erzsebet.
Corpses were lying everywhere on the ground of the Church, humans, demons, comrades, cultists...the whole place was filled with the smell of blood mixed with gunpowder.

The sight of Erzsebet filled Zsofika with a sensation of safety...she was a fierce fighter, she had repelled them all, saved them all...Zsofika was sure of that.

"Come with me, I can take you somewhere safe."

"Somewhere... Safe?"

The request sounded weird to Zsofika, they had to tend to their comrades before...then she was abruptly filled with horror...as Erzse cut the the Lord Regent's head off, putting it inside a bag...

"Erzse what have you done...?"

Was all she was able to say...while she realized the betrayal...but Erzse had already vanished...as she always used to do with great skill...

Zsofika couldn't go with her...she thought about all her comrades, lying on the ground...about her family, still under the boot of the Devil...about the shame she would have brought upon them all...and upon herself.

---

Despite of the horror she perpetrated, Zsofika could not find any hate for Erzse inside her heart.
She considered Erzse a Friend, they used to spend nights together, on watch on the walls of Berez, chatting, sharing stories of their past, sharing dreams for the future...

Ersze had probably no idea about how much Zsofika admired her...her strength and resolution...even her stubbornness...

All that she felt now, was a hollow inside herself...not hate...only delusion...despite everything, she would have missed Ersze in the nights to come, alone on watch...for a while...tears would have been her only companions on the walls of Berez.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 04:45:00 PM by Nekro83 »

Nekro83

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
Re: Zsofika: A collection of moments
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 09:10:43 AM »

Berez 24th April 776

The legs failed her as the Captain's words hit her like a punch in the face.

"They are gone Sofi...when we opened the cage they were already dead...I am sorry"

The world started to spin around her...everywhere she could see only sad faces...all looking to her...the Captain, the Sergeant, Anton, Kalipszo, the Old Lieutenant...

She wanted to scream...scream that "NO" it wasn't possible...but the voice died in her throat...

"D...did they suffer...?" was all she managed to say.

The captain shacked his head "No...it was quick"

But this was of no comfort...all she could think was she had not been there for them...she did not even managed to see them one last time...

She thought they were prisoner...but still alive...why did they killed them along the road?

She shouldn't have left them...they did it because of her...she told them to stay out of trouble...to stay safe...but she should have known...and now they were all gone...because of her.

She was alone now...she would have never felt again the warmth of her mother touch, never heard again the laugh of her little brother, never heard again the gruff voice of her father.

All she had of them...was the last letter from her beloved mother...

My dearest Sofi,

I have struggled to find one friend willing to carry letters to Berez. I hope this reaches you. My heart goes out to those of our people who have faced bounties. I have heard the most terrible rumors since the Wachter attack on Berez, they say many of your Company are safe. I pray that you are still safe and sound. It pains me as a mother to know you are in such danger, but it also fills my heart with pride to see you stand up for our people.

None of us have taken your absence well, but your father least of all. Until your letter arrived, he had started drinking again, and I was truly worried. But then, he read your words over and over. Something has changed in your father; he has been drinking less and spending more time with his fellow fishermen and friends. We have even had a few over for dinner. They spend all night talking in hushed tones about finding a way to support the rebellion. I see a bright gleam in his eye when he speaks of his brave little Zsofika. He has been drinking less and I have not seen him so full of energy in many years.

As for Miki, I have twice caught him playing at toy swords. He wants to be just like you. Thankfully, after a stern talking to and reminder of where we are, he has not said anything too reckless among the other boys. He misses you dearly.

We love you,
Be safe.
Mom,
Antonia

Nekro83

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 08:51:48 AM »

Dear Dad, Mom and Miki,

I really hope you are not too angry with me.
I swear i really tried...tried to find a way to free you, tried to make things right again...but i failed.
All i can say in my defense...is that at least i preserved your name, and nobody will say that Dvorzsaks are traitors of their people...but now, alone in this room, in an unknown tavern of a foreign city, all i want to have is the warmth of your presence, and family honor appears not so important in comparison.
I repeat myself that now you are at peace, that your sufferings are over...i really hope it was quick and clean...I miss you all, now more than ever.

I have never been into religious matters...but sometimes i have the feeling of you being watching over me...while i move around the dark corners of this world...which are the only places left for me.
I lost many friends...and now i lost you all...i feel lonely as i never did before...like i was fading from this world...or the world was fading all around me.

I hope you can forgive me, for causing all this sorrow...i hope you can still lull and protect me in this dark and lonely night.

Forever loving you,

Sofi

Nekro83

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 06:17:36 PM »
Dear Dad, Mom and Miki,

Just when i thought i was going to be alone forever...i discovered i had friend with me.
She does not speak a lot...but it is good to know i can share my feelings with someone again.

Sometimes it is embarrassing, you know...when you require some privacy...but i am quite sure my secrets will be fine with her.

I am also a bit worried, because she is so hard to feed with the right things...especially now...that i so recently lost you...but i am trying my best not to be so sad.

Fishing reminds me of the long days spent in Krezk, helping you selling the fish dad caught, so it is a good thing...and also singing bring me some relief...even if i do it only when we are completely alone...because i am terrible at it.

I need to find a name for her...i ll let you know when i found one.

Yours,

Sofi

Nekro83

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 10:23:30 AM »

Port A Lucine 10th August 776

Zsofika walked around the cramped, dirty little room of the inn, for once her pace was light and full of excitement.

She looked at her reflection in the old and almost matt mirror hanging to the wall, breathing in the salty air of the docks and its smell of fish coming from the narrow window.
She liked what she saw...perhaps she was a bit too skinny, but the hardships of the war had kept her in a very good shape.

The solars she spent for the red swimsuit she was wearing could have bought a week of rental at the Mutinied Sailor, but the gold she would have soon earned for turning in that pile of hides, was going to cover the shopping.

"Who Cares" She said apparently to no one "This makes me so happy...makes US so happy...mh mh?"

"And Mom and Dad would like me to have a joyous life...don't they...?"

"I am free Iadul!" Said again, as realizing it for the first time "We are free!"

Her gaze lingered for a while on the Skull and Muskets depicted on her shoulder, then she turned looking at the couple of pistols resting on the filthy bed.

"There will be time for Iron and Blood..." She said to them as to reassure the pistols "But today i just want another Hot bath!"

She smiled once again speaking to an imaginary friend "I am sure you will like it as well"

"We have to get that job!"

« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 12:24:56 PM by Nekro83 »

Nekro83

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2021, 06:52:37 PM »

Just a dance with an unknown man

It was lovely...

...He was kind

it gave me joy...it gave US joy

How long ago was the last time i danced with someone?

I found a place where i feel at home, some friends, even a job...

...then why i can't forget?

Why i can't stop thinking about spilling blood...about revenge...?

Even that would give me Joy...

...and She feels that as well...

Nekro83

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 09:37:57 AM »

The Iadul is this "V"...?

...I have been careful...

Is it Kin...?

...So it seems, but this means nothing...

...But its words...

As if i had not enough troubles and doubts.

"Find him...Find out"

I have a job already...

"You can't pretend with me...i know...i know what would make us happy...REALLY happy"

"All dresses, parties and riches...could not achieve that...we'll never be at peace...you know that"

We can't do that now...

"Perhaps this "V" can help...perhaps it can help us find Peace...find V...or we'll be forever devoured by this bug"

Nekro83

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 07:57:38 PM »

"Shouldn't this bring me joy?"

"It should, it will...it is a first step toward peace"

"Then why it doesn't...why does it feel so wrong?"

"I can feel your Shame...you would like to do it yourself...you think you are a coward...but you aren't...you fight every day...you must live...for them...to make them find peace, to make US find peace"

"I don't know...what Dad would have said? What Gabor would have said...?"

"They are all dead...they killed them all"

Nekro83

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2022, 12:46:50 PM »

[The door of an inn room closes behind her, sounds of lovers come from inside it]

Why am i still doing this?

"They Killed your Family, they killed your Friends"

Igen...but what did i become? Will i ever again fight like they do, love like they do?

"................."

I spend my days watching, lurking...but no one even know my name.

"Do you Envy them?"

....Igen....

What do i have for me?

"....you have me...."

Nekro83

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2022, 06:32:02 PM »

....Were you watching....?

Of Course, i am always with you.

....And....what do you think....?

You were different.

...Different...?

Since i am with you, i have never tasted those feelings.

Hate, Fear, Anger, Envy....but what was that?

....I Do not know....i am sure this will bring more pain....

Why?

...I...I can't trust him...I am sure this is just some other game...

But you felt Alive. Isn't that what you wanted?

...Igen...

Nekro83

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2022, 06:33:05 PM »

...That was just a little boy...

...What have i done...?

"It wasn't your fault, it was too late to back off"

"There was nothing you could do to save him"

...Am i like them all...?

...Am i a Monster...?

"No Sofi, they forced you to fight"

"They Killed all your loved ones"

...Yes...

...They did not show mercy to Miki...

Why should I?

Nekro83

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2023, 05:32:18 PM »

...So you are gone...

...another one...

...I miss you...

...miss your anger, the troubles...

...miss the good side of you, that only few got to know...

...but among all the others that i lost...

...I am sure we will meet again...

...when all of this will be settled...

...because Hell does not forget to collect its debts...

...Wait for me my good friend...

...Wait for me...

...Zaya...