Author Topic: The Grand Mêlée  (Read 2453 times)

Dread

• Dark Power
The Grand Mêlée
« on: June 10, 2013, 04:57:45 PM »
The fliers are taken down, at least for the time being.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:17:07 PM by Vengeful Seraphim »

Dread

• Dark Power
Re: The Grand Mêlée
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 08:29:48 PM »
--
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:17:13 PM by Vengeful Seraphim »

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 09:29:26 PM »

Registration shall be closed on Friday, June 28th, at 6:00 PM ((EST/GMT -5)). Get your applications in before that time, as we will NOT take applicants the day of the event!

The event itself will take place on the following Saturday, June 29th, at 4:00 PM ((EST/GMT -5)).

((Time Zone Converter))

Rules:

ABSOLUTELY NO NECROMANCY OR THE SUMMONING OF FIENDS. Such is against the law of fair Dementlieu.

ABSOLUTELY NO SPELLS that have a large area of effect or might damage nearby objects, such as Fireballs or Evard’s Black Tentacles. This is to ensure the safety of spectators watching the event, as well as to keep those skilled in the arcane sciences from completely dominating the event.

ABSOLUTELY NO invisibility or darkness! Spectators want to watch the event, and they cannot do that if they cannot see the combatants at all. The improved version of Invisibility is permissible, so long as the person it is cast upon engages within five seconds’ time.

No healing draughts or potions shall be used during the melee, including spells that restore the body from the effects of toxins, pestilence, curses, or similar. Other draughts or healing from priests that compose the team are permissible.

If in danger of falling in battle, a member of either team may disengage and move away from the fighting grounds and thus yield. They are treated as fallen.

A countdown of ten seconds will be given prior to the beginning of each match. During these ten seconds, a team can do whatever is needed to prepare for the bout, be it ward themselves, drink potions, use scrolls, whatever. Keep in mind, however... once those ten seconds are up and the battle officially begins, teams are free to attack the opposing team, even if they are not yet finished with preparing.

All weapons, mundane or otherwise, as well as all manner of magic divine and arcane, unless not explicitly forbade above, is permissible.

OOC:

When submitting your application (PM me), please include all the information stated above in the flier as well as the levels of the characters participating and what their classes are.

The average level of the party being registered cannot be above level 14, rounded up. What this means is a level 20 can participate, but his teammates must be level 12 and 10, respectively. This event shouldn’t be decided by who has the best build or the highest level, but rather the outcome should be determined by whoever can exercise teamwork. A team of mid-level characters who know what they’re doing can easily defeat a high-level mage and two low-level flunkies. Something to keep in mind.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 10:03:30 PM by Vengeful Seraphim »

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 05:53:53 PM »
((Bump! 5 days until registration closes!))

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 04:34:42 PM »

((Bump! Registration closes tomorrow evening, EST!!))

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 05:08:03 PM »
"Due to only a few applications having poured in, it has been decided to allow sign-ups leading up to the start of the event. Moreover, before the event, we will allow for teams to form up, add possible free agents, and more. Nevertheless, if your team is already assembled now and ready for the festivities tomorrow, a letter ((PM)) is preferrible."

Gilad Abrams

• Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 07:11:43 PM »
I'd love to be part of this however, I haven't had the time or the comparability with other players to be lucky enough to form a team. I am willing to be thrown in with just about anyone. Let me know if you need a merc to round out a team

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 08:06:31 PM »
I'd love to be part of this however, I haven't had the time or the comparability with other players to be lucky enough to form a team. I am willing to be thrown in with just about anyone. Let me know if you need a merc to round out a team

Team Wayfarers! lets do this thing!
Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 08:24:54 PM »
// due to the ooc nature of creating teams i took the effort of making a topic for it.

http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=33721.0
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 08:49:05 AM »
"This event is TODAY! Meet at 4:00 PM ((EST/GMT -5)), at the AVENUE DU PROGRES, in a BEND IN THE ROAD JUST OUTSIDE THE CITY."

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 04:13:20 PM »
((This is happening now!))

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 06:39:15 PM »
"CONGRATULATIONS TO THE RETAINERS AND GUARDS OF HOUSE MOREAU, joined by STEYR BANNON for their victory in the GRAND MELEE! An honorable mention goes out to the GREY DRAGONS and ANGEL FIST, their opponents, for taking part in the fun!"