Author Topic: Elketh - More Party Friendly  (Read 1334 times)

Dire Corby

• Undead Slayer
Elketh - More Party Friendly
« on: May 14, 2013, 03:27:25 AM »
I do love the re-design of Elketh's tower, all except Elketh's room itself.  It used to be a dramatic showdown; there was an antechamber and then you did battle with the army of minions while the master stood nearby cackilng and unleashing his magicks. 

I really feel the old design was more party-friendly in that it allowed folk to gather together for the final rush.  Now, what we have is a tiny chamber into which PCs must proceed single file.  More than once I have lost out because I was playing a support character who arrived after the lich was dead, or arrived while he was busy being invisible and soon dead.  It's kind of a downer after all that trial and danger.

Can we please get a final chamber more like the old one, with a massive army of minions and plenty of time for the whole party to participate?

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
Re: Elketh - More Party Friendly
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 03:29:16 AM »
Unfortunately DT_Lordofdeath is really busy with the Sithicus expansion so he probably doesn't have time to do this, but I agree it's a good idea.

Especially if/when lag causes the portal to Eketh's chamber to put a good 10 - 20 seconds between each port. Then you've either got TPK as the party gets divided and defeated in detail, or the last PCs at the end are a whole minute late to the party.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 09:54:24 AM »
I've experienced similar on occasion and agree. Having the party transit in mass similar to some of the other portals in there would be preferable.

The Prophet of Misinformation

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 07:43:07 PM »

I'll see what I can do after Sithicus is finished but it is unlikely to occur soon. Such spoken, the tower is hardly the last of Elketh you'll see.

(Photoshop makes everything so bloody dark.)
"The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country than the coward who deserts in the hour of danger."
~Andrew Jackson

Dire Corby

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 03:23:14 AM »
Awesome!! 

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 04:16:42 AM »