Author Topic: New Loot Tables: Feedback  (Read 1372 times)

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
New Loot Tables: Feedback
« on: May 13, 2013, 06:51:11 AM »
I'm sure we've heard this one before, but I thought I'd try to give some proper feedback regarding some of the new additions to loot tables, and try to pinpoint some problems and positives.

1) Item Repetition: Currently I feel there is a few items out there that were recently added that are just hogging up the tables everywhere, specifically those Cloaks of Protection vs Alignment, and maybe a few others that I can't remember right now. I've recently acted as the "loot carrier" for a few dungeon runs, and in a places like Terg Crypts, on a rather decent spawn. (Vampire Sorceress, Swordwraiths, etc etc) I found 11 of these cloaks in one session of the dungeon. That's more then you use to find those silly nearly-worthless falkovnian helms and cloaks. I'm pretty sure these cloaks drop in a number of other places too. Since these items drop -so- much on dungeons they sort of just became a new vendor trash like their falkovnian predecessors, especially since there is better cloaks out there then these.

2) All of the new one-use item, candles, and stuff like that. These are good additions. Don't really need to say any more here, but I'm anxious to see more interesting ideas!

3) This sort of goes along with #1, but a lot of new items I've seen around really are vendor trashy, and not really that usable or interesting. I've seen some monk belts with like +1 concentration / +1 discipline: these specialized class items that don't really offer anything better then some of the simplest standard items we've all seen are silly. I'd recommend these items get changed to be more practical or removed. ( I think those belts too have a greater version of like +2/+2, which is okay, I guess.. but when you look at things like lesser jackal rings vs golden rings, they're still useable..)

4) I think some dungeons could use a little spicing on what they drop; Werewolf Caves still just drops a crap load of silver and copper weapons, Scrags has a few 'good' items (That I personally haven't seen drop since 2011) but mostly is just more repetitive arms and armor that don't have any comparative value to crafted items. Thoul Cave probably could use a few newbie-friendly items. If it hasn't been changed either.

Note: Most of these suggestions are for Barovia-Area dungeons.

HoshaZilo

• Undead Master
Re: New Loot Tables: Feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 01:18:23 PM »
Thoul Cave probably could use a few newbie-friendly items. If it hasn't been changed either.

A few weeks ago I went with a party through the those and found quite a few useful items, the +2 bludging greatclub and...some other stuff that was somewhat useful. Nothing like a ring of protection or that sort.

1) Item Repetition: Currently I feel there is a few items out there that were recently added that are just hogging up the tables everywhere, specifically those Cloaks of Protection vs Alignment, and maybe a few others that I can't remember right now. I've recently acted as the "loot carrier" for a few dungeon runs, and in a places like Terg Crypts, on a rather decent spawn. (Vampire Sorceress, Swordwraiths, etc etc) I found 11 of these cloaks in one session of the dungeon. That's more then you use to find those silly nearly-worthless falkovnian helms and cloaks. I'm pretty sure these cloaks drop in a number of other places too. Since these items drop -so- much on dungeons they sort of just became a new vendor trash like their falkovnian predecessors, especially since there is better cloaks out there then these.

More specifically, the ones I find are protected against GOOD alignment, I can't think of any spawn on this server that would have a good spawn, the only thing it would ever be useful against is PVP, or if you're planning an assult on the morninglord temple.

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 02:12:37 PM »
I have to agree a little with the loot repetition, there are a few items that seem to be in every dungeon and cup up many times in the same dungeon repeatedly. To the point you know what these things are before even ID'ing them because they appear so often. Is it possible to perhaps make it so a item can only spawn so many times on a map?

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 03:24:10 PM »
Honestly, remove the alignment and Falkovnian items, heh.  We have so many of them in circulation already.