Author Topic: Greetings and HALP!  (Read 1477 times)

mcman

• New to the Mists
Greetings and HALP!
« on: May 28, 2013, 12:45:40 PM »
Hello there. So I decided to randomly dig out a couple of my old cRPGs, and I stumbled upon the vast reservoir of user-generated content, the existence of which being quite a revelation to me, sadly enough. Needless to say I am terribly late to the party, but I did a lot of searches and it seemed like this was one of the best servers that is (1) still active (2) roleplay-focused and (3) nicely customized/modded. I have had a couple years of roleplay experience now, including acting as a GM and lorekeeper for a community on another medium. Introductions aside, I've had a bit of trouble connecting the server; I have the Diamond Edition and I tried installing the CEP thing along with the custom module for this gameworld, but after character creation I get a message that I'm missing a "ravenloft_1_95.tlk" talk table, which doesn't seem to exist in the downloads so I'm not sure how it's missing. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, am I in the right place here?

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Re: Greetings and HALP!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 12:53:19 PM »
It's included in the download. Make sure that you did not extract it to your hak folder by accident. You need to make a folder in your NWN installation labeled "tlk" and put the custom .tlk file in there.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

mcman

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 12:57:03 PM »
Right, thanks for the prompt response. And just to clarify, we're talking about a second .tlk called "ravenloft_1_95" here, correct? There's already one in my tlk folder simply called "ravenloft", so there should be two? I'll see if I can find another one, but I could have sworn there was only one in the archive I downloaded...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:58:57 PM by mcman »

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 01:07:55 PM »
Make sure you're downloading the newest release here: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=33284.0

We haven't updated our page on NWVault yet, so they still have our older material.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

mcman

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 01:10:06 PM »
Ah, my mistake. Hopefully this will solve it; I was DL'ing the version in a post on this forum called something like "How to get started for noobies", but I guess that might not include the updated version. Thanks again.

mcman

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 06:27:48 PM »
So thankfully that resolved my issue and I was able to log in for a bit today. Now I'll just have to scour these forums for information on how to get involved.

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 06:51:15 PM »
Welcome! Feel free to ask the community if you have any questions. Most people are approachable.  ;)

VeeTpl

• giff RP pls
  • Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 06:54:57 PM »
It's never too late to contribute. ;)

Welcome! And enjoy your stay.
Player of:
Yuliya Vorius

mcman

• New to the Mists
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 01:17:42 PM »
Thanks guys. Still getting used to the interface and reacquainted with the gameplay and what not, but I've enjoyed it so far.