You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Climbable Ropes - Rope Climbing Addition.  (Read 5337 times)

dark_majico

Re: Climbable Ropes - Rope Climbing Addition.
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2013, 12:37:43 PM »
Suggestion:
make such transitions passable also for characters without a rope within, say, 10 seconds after a character with a rope has activated the transition.

Reason should be obvious.

Bluebomber is talking about an 'on activation' item in characters inventory to access inacessable places, not a transition.

Fiddlers green

• Outlander
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 04:50:08 PM »
It would be great to see a whole new wor- area for climbing in places like Port-a-Lucine. Throwing a rope onto the rooftops of an alley way and climbing up, giving you a great view of the city. Something like out of the Thief series which nickname the rooftops pathways as "Thieves Highway".
That's not really possible in the NWN engine, unfortunately
Not exactly, yeah, I know. It'd require a seperate, not already made tileset that's NWN city but only has the rooftops walkable.

Something similar was done for this on the old Erithorn's Might Server. there was a transition that you could click on to try and climb the side of the building to get up to the roof, think it made you roll a Agility DC. if you failed you just fell down a bunch which was pretty funny, if you made it you got ported to the roof tops area, there were a bunch of little tiles in the one area that were connected to each other so you could "jump" from roof to roof. I think if you failed the jump rolls it would port you back to the city to insinuate you fell down, think it did damage. I'm sure it would be a pain and time consuming to do scripting wise.
Rene

Experiment 163 - Cassie

• Outlander
  • The Cryptskull of Velsharoon
    • Hamster Republic
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2013, 10:12:55 AM »
I'd love a way to use the ropes and rope+grappling hooks and grappling hooks. I carry like a half-dozen to a dozen of these variations at any time on Baralin and Cassie, and she uses them quite a bit to find places to camp out, like the Vistani camp's ridges. I always, always leave a marker at the base of the ridge and the top, however, to note someone's climbed or can climb, and leave footprint markers and notes about the camps and such, or whatever I do up there.

DISCLAIMER: Do NOT use this to hunt / kill / PvP. IT IS AN EXPLOIT AND BAN IF YOU DO.

People can do and have done that with campfires....
That is exploit abuse and if I catch anyone doing that they'll find themselves with nice fat ban.

Now on to the HOW-TO:

~REMOVED~
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 05:08:51 PM by Mark Johansen »

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2013, 10:27:24 PM »
Here we come strahd!

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Experiment 163 - Cassie

• Outlander
  • The Cryptskull of Velsharoon
    • Hamster Republic
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2013, 12:24:28 AM »
Anyone scaling the walls of Castle Ravenloft deserves whatever fate they receive.