Author Topic: Garda Suggestions and Fixes: The All Encompassing Thread! (~/FOREVER!/~)  (Read 1110 times)

Geiger

Hello there! I've made a few of these in the past. I like playing a garda and there are some things I think that would make our lives a little easier and make things more immersive for garda and non-garda alike. If other people have ideas or want to pipe in - please do. I'll update the main page as we go and other cool ideas pop up. This isn't a DO IT NOW OR POTM RUINED FOREVER thread - just stuff that would be nice. I know certain fixes might require spending some time clicking around in the toolset and I would appreciate it greatly if a Dev badass would undertake this.

Major Suggestions:
  • I. Could the walls be connected with transitions? The Citadel and Vallaki's walls connect together and it just makes sense that we'd be able to go around the city at any hour of the day without setting foot on the ground. I don't want the entire length of wall, I'd just like to be able to go from point A to point B without needing to be "BILLESCU THE BAROVIAN BADASS" and wade through hordes of ratmen. Maybe a few "checkpoints" with locked doors in between.
  • II. Along with the above: could we remove the random ramps that let you up on the walls? From memory any random guy can get on the walls at the docks, warehouses, residential and noble district.
  • III. Small guard posts or towers throughout the Vallaki Municipality and its borders. It'd be nice to have a few toward the asylum, or in the southern forest, or along the lake - just to spice up stationing and patrol. Each one with a small holding cell or two.

Minor Suggestions:
  • I. Remove or fix the sign for the barracks at the western wall (used to be militia barracks). Nothing crazy but the 'e' of Guardhouse hangs down and looks silly. Maybe change it to "Western Outpost" or "Barracks".
  • II. Fix the locks on the outpost - our keys don't work for the upper floor and everything is unlocked. Sometimes the garda stationed there bust the locks off because they can't get out.
  • III. There is a jail cell there at that outpost but it is always unlocked. I'd like that to be locked and the holding cell there marked as a 'jail room' and an NPC put in there as a guard. Maybe add a bum in there for company? Hahah.
  • IV. Could Citadel doors be locked up? We usually have to go through a routine every reset. I know that'd be a load of work for no reason - but if a DEV was updating something in there anywhere... it'd be nice. Saves us from accusing one another of slouching duty. Hahah.

Other:
  • I. Could our server be any cooler?

Thanks for your time. :)

Dread

• Dark Power
Geiger is lame, but this post is cool, I guess. He gets a pass. This time.

Griswold

• The Red Vardo Traders
  • Undead Slayer
  • Roleplaying a successful businessman
I appreciate the time taken to identify the items mentioned, and believe that they could definitely help to flesh out not only the faction, but the city/surrounding area as a whole. Also, the minor fixes are something everyone can appreciate.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
these are all points asked for ages.

Gieger ever noticed the main gate that if a person stands at the gate or the rats at night you cant target them from the wall?

having that changed would help you guys aswell.

Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Geiger

Two new ones:

:arrow: Could the faction armory, or some other officer armory give access to keys, strip items tools, shackles and the like? Even cloth uniforms? Half the time this stuff doesn't spawn.

:arrow: We need garda that don't have any scripts aside from faction attached to them. They quite literally flip their shit and don't work when you have them follow you. Sometimes because they were in your party they start attacking other garda. If we could have a creepy stable where a bunch of ai-less garda stand in some sort of silent vigil, meant only to be brought to our aid.. that'd be cool. Officers, Privates, and recruits alike. We could even add those guard dogs!