Author Topic: The Boat  (Read 5418 times)

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
Re: The Boat
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 02:43:55 PM »
Still a better ghetto then Dementlieu's.

I know of no Gundarakite halflings within the Rebels.  It might be possible, who knows.  But as far as I know, even Gundarakites were wary of them before the fall.  The ghettos were pre existing before the fall.

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »
Still a better ghetto then Dementlieu's.

I know of no Gundarakite halflings within the Rebels.  It might be possible, who knows.  But as far as I know, even Gundarakites were wary of them before the fall.  The ghettos were pre existing before the fall.
Yeah but it still can cause a bond of the "common enemy" if someone plays a Halfing from Gundarak.

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 01:29:39 AM »
I don't think halflings particularly care about the Gundarakite-Barovian conflict. I think they tend to live in their communities, doing their own things.

Draxiss

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 01:52:20 AM »
Smitehammer, while you are totally the sexiest dude ever, you forget that we have the price set so high as to dissuade low levels from going to Midway to do alchemy without dying horribly to the wolves unless they're mages with invisibility because this is a low magic server and to hell with mundane characters!

Wow, you really are precognitive, Smitehammer!
Draxiss - Survival. It's what's for dinner.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 08:55:11 AM »
Barovian OCR x 30 fang.
That's 240 for a 10 charisma, outlander human...
180 for a Barovian with the same.
And about 3k for Alana.  :twisted:
This could represent increased gouging for criminal or outcast characters, provide more function for charisma and influence.

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 09:20:34 AM »
Barovian OCR x 30 fang.
This could represent increased gouging for criminal or outcast characters, provide more function for charisma and influence.
..Oh no..
   Vallaki get very rich quick from Luca

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 12:08:48 PM »
The boat guy is a local though? Wouldn't he begin freaking out if a Caliban approached him and tried to buy passage, or any criminal of note?

Why not create a separate boat merchant with a different drop off point from the sewers? I mean all the water has to come and go somewhere? With in the drain though so its more restricted to "outcast" types.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 12:10:28 PM by Miuo »

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 12:25:32 PM »
There isn't such a thing as "Barovian elves" or "Barovian Dwarves" in the eyes of the locals.

And regardless, I think the NPCs can't differentiate between natives and outlanders anyhow, beyond the OCR rating.
So you could probably seperate it by race and OCR rating, but beyond that I think it'll become a custom written script?

every NPC seems to know if youre from the domain or not

i would think a Barovian would treat an elf, dwarf or halfling with a barovian accent and can speak balok like a native more fairly then a human who is not 'of barovia'

they are nationalistic after all
Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 12:28:37 PM »
Barovian OCR x 30 fang.

that would be great if server wide prices were somehow tied to OCR

i wish OCR and Rep were used more since its implemented
Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

Smitehammer

• Undead Slayer
  • Frohe Weihnachten
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2013, 08:09:42 PM »
Smitehammer, while you are totally the sexiest dude ever, you forget that we have the price set so high as to dissuade low levels from going to Midway to do alchemy without dying horribly to the wolves unless they're mages with invisibility because this is a low magic server and to hell with mundane characters!

Wow, you really are precognitive, Smitehammer!

Thank you for noticing how horribly attractive I am.  I have indeed ruminated on this very conundrum and have decided such reasoning is asinine.  If you lived in a land of horrors living among the woods and there was a perfectly good lake with a perfectly good ferry, you would use it.  It would not cost a month's wages to ride, per person, either.  I know this to be true - there are historical analogs to this very situation.  Ferries have existed for longer than the written word, and have always been cheap enough that it was not relegated to the sphere of the ridiculously opulent.

Yes, I am that good.
Wouldn't the world be better off if we took nonsense more seriously?