You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Bottome of the Morninglordian Crypts Wester Ouskirts.  (Read 1110 times)

Tyras

• Dark Lord
Bottome of the Morninglordian Crypts Wester Ouskirts.
« on: April 26, 2013, 03:14:22 PM »
I'm requesting that the spawns in the bottom level of the Morninglordian crypt be reduced or the spawn time on them increased.  I have run into the situtation with multiple parties that should have been able to deal with the spawns there being wiped out because so many skeletons active at once lag so badly that people are unable to effectively play their characters.  I can understand the desire for a desperate fight or scripting to give people a sense of dread or hopelessness about facing overwhelming odds.  I do, but when the server's resources cannot handle the load and it impacts the performance to the point where characters are alive one moment and dead the next due to that performance issue... it breaks the suspension of disbelief and setting immersion, that and getting your rear handed to you by lag rather than a monster or your own bad decisions stinks :?

Thank You for your consideration.

Mark Johansen

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Bottome of the Morninglordian Crypts Wester Ouskirts.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 03:58:48 PM »
Hi Tyras,

Thanks for taking your time to inform us of an possible issue. Are you able to describe to us how and when you feel these lag issues?
How many were you in the group? What type of spawn was it? How many monsters was there? Did your fellow players also feel the lag?
Is it in one specific place of the map?

We look forward to your reply,

Best Regards
Mark S. Johansen

Tyras

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 05:34:16 PM »
I was in a group of four.  The lag began when there was there were a bunch of skeletons.  It was not a high spawn because there were a bunch of skeletal warriors rather than skeletal knights.  There were also archers and marksmen and the more powerful sort of skeletal priest Hecuvas or somehting like that.  There had to have been fifty monsters active at one point.  Yes the others complained of the lag as well.  It occurred in the large room with the loot sarcaphogas on the bottom level of the Morninglordian crypts under the temple in the Western Outskirts.  The symptoms were: choppy performance where the game would stop for a second then catch up then stop for a second and catch up again.  Some times the monsters would stop as well, and other times they would continue their actions while the players did not.
Thank You for looking into the matter.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 10:26:21 PM »
It's certainly a major problem for lower end computers and poor internet connections.  Even I have a little lag problems there, to the point of it being noticeable.