You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Dungeon Log in Suggestion  (Read 1443 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Dungeon Log in Suggestion
« on: April 26, 2013, 11:23:52 AM »
I happened to need to log out hurriedly while i was in a dungeon and just moved to the closest safe place i could to log back in later. However i forgot about the fact that if you are logged out in a dungeon to long your shipped off else where. Despite Miuo entering the vallaki vistani and trading there and spending some time there it did replace the fact that the tser pool camp was still set as my faction location. Even though i only spent a few seconds there a few days ago.

Could we possibly have the Vallaki camp be made auto set like the mists and tser do when you simply enter the area?

Or have it so when you do log in your just auto moved to the "closest" one. Rather then which ever one your bound at. Since in my case i was shipped across several maps that will take 15-30 mins running back across to just reach where i was again. I assume there are others as well that need to log rather hurriedly at times as well, being shipped to the nearest location means while yes your tossed from the dungeon but your put somewhere still with in reasonable distance of where you last were.

(Yes i know about the Ezra strone thing, but there are some minor issues with it as well. The fact its a god and most followers of other gods would not give offering. And two we are only human and prone to forgetfulness)

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
Re: Dungeon Log in Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 11:35:48 AM »
It takes you to your last REST area, so you can move it around with ease, by just making sure to rest in a new safe location [like the Lady's Rest]

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 11:47:24 AM »
I rested a few time in the Ml temple, along with outside, and even in the little crypt things near the graveyard.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 11:53:22 AM »
He means a safe rest area flagged as such. i.e. inn rooms, the tent at the Mist camp, a few other places.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 12:15:14 PM »
I cant enter the inn :/

And why isnt the ML temple flagged as a safe location O..o

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 12:17:29 PM »
Because it isn't a safe and quiet area?

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 12:37:09 PM »
and there are guards that now and then enter and kick undesirables out or hang them?
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 01:35:39 PM »
Well the inn wouldn't be either for "undesirables" if they snuck in and rested in a room :P

Garda dont usually frequent the temple, making it for the most part a safe haven for people. It is more so at night when the garda and locals all head to their homes and such leaving the temple to fill with all sorts.

Also, cant the current set up be exploited? I mean if im bound in tser and im in vallaki and want to get to tser quickly with no effort. . .all id have to do is run into the entrance of a dungeon, log out. Go make a snack or what have you, come back and bam in tser from which i can carry onto the mists and head else where.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 02:19:50 PM »
true, but it would take you about the same time to run there anyway.....

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 03:57:12 PM »
Indeed but it removes all risk, and skips over added scripts like the exhaustion system.

If you ran there you would have to pay attention to possible spawns, people and your direction.

If you simply logged out in a dungeon, you could shut down nwn, go on fourms and browse new posts. Go off and eat, etc.

I believe this is very similar to as why we had the transportation suggestion denied. The staff did not want travel that  jumped you from point A to point B. Even if it took similar time to walking.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 04:17:33 PM »
I will explain it in hopefully an easy to understand way why this is as it is.

When this system was first put in, people kept dying stupidly because they forgot they had logged out in a dungeon in an emergency.
The system as it is was chosen to use as few resources as possible, and to not add to the server lagg by having a system keep logging you every time you entered into a specific area.
And it allows players a certain amount of controll over where they will go.

It is also different to the travel system, since for one it requires you having to go the location atleast once, and if you use it to get back to the Mist Camp, as your suggesting people do, you remove the option of using one of the fastest ways to recover.

And as you yourself stated in this thread, it can be very inconvinent at times.