Author Topic: Death and Respawning  (Read 1828 times)

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
Death and Respawning
« on: April 25, 2013, 06:28:14 PM »
So I was wondering, can we get an option to respawn at our body when we use the column of mist in the Ethereal realm? Last night I was playing a new character and I ventured down into the crypts with another player and wound up getting myself killed. I told him not to bother spending the money to have me raised since I'm just lvl 2 anyways but then it results in a strange RP scenario: Your corpse is dragged out of the temple while you follow as a ghost, you get to the temple and then suddenly you have to run all the way back to the mist, through the ethereal realm and then back through the map to the temple while your friend stands there waiting to hand you back your possessions and continue the RP. So I ask... would it really be such a terrible thing to have the ability to respawn where our corpse is? Considering you respawn near death with heavy stat penalties, and you can't rest... would this really be used to abuse considering often the monsters that took you down would still be swarming around your corpse after you die? Discuss!

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
Re: Death and Respawning
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:06:03 AM »
Considering that Respawning is a last ditch effort to get your character back into play when there is no one around to "rescue" your corpse, it would defeat the purpose to respawn at the feet of whatever just killed you.
"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."