You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Stone Crafting  (Read 2652 times)

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
Stone Crafting
« on: April 25, 2013, 12:02:48 PM »
Stone Crafting - While I was reading up on the Abber Nomads, I read that they are excellent woodworkers but that they also worked with stone and didn't use any real metal in their weapons although an idea of stone craft for more primitive races is actually a pretty sweet idea. Some examples of weapons:

Arrow heads and simple blades could be made from stone, to provide properties similar to bronze or copper

Obsidian would be one of the stronger stones and allow the creation of even some unique weapons such as Machuitals

basically Clubs with steel short sword like slashing damage.

Could also be used as part of the smithing craft. Like you would need to  use Str and Dex to help shape a stone into an appropriate shape, and then mount it on wood or something to tie in wood crafts for more primitive characters.

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
Re: Stone Crafting
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 12:23:44 PM »
Wouldn't that be like a spiked club? Piercing dmg that is

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 12:35:40 PM »
Yes, and the issue with Stone weaponry is that people will not use it, the reason Abber Nomads dont use metal is similiar to that of the AThasians, its hard to come by metal gear.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 12:39:17 PM »
Yes, and the issue with Stone weaponry is that people will not use it, the reason Abber Nomads dont use metal is similiar to that of the AThasians, its hard to come by metal gear.

However, maybe druids would actually start listening to their vows. 8)

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 01:25:01 PM »
Wouldn't that be like a spiked club? Piercing dmg that is

No. A machauital functions more closley like a saw. Altough I do see your point, they called it the Horse Hating Sword, you could saw a horses head off with the weapon supposdly. I believe there is a tv show episode (Deadliest moron or whatever?) basically they show you cutting through that level of thickess. I see why you would say that it would have piercing though. I mean it sort of pierces yeah but the bulk of the damage comes from sawing. It's more of a aztec weapon too... sory I'd explain better but I realy can't type now. it's like pullin teeth on this computer.

Why would nobody use it?

However, maybe druids would actually start listening to their vows.  8)

This is actually a good reason why too, to be honest. I've seen a lot of druids using a lot of steel and metal... Chitin kind of allows them to... I guess "Loop hole" a druids way into plate armor. A stone craft would kind of help loop hole their way into good weaponry so to speak. Stone Weapons were very weak of course, but Obsidian still had it's use. Very sharp too. I mean, cut a horses head clean off with an obsidian saw...

Druids, primitives, and maybe even feral caliban can kind of benefit from an idea

EDIT:

I'd type more and explain thins better but this keyboard I have is curently garbo. None of these Key boards are good no matter where I sit.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 01:29:09 PM by Snowflame »

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »

My druid would use such, In a heart beat...

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 02:29:05 PM »

My druid would use such, In a heart beat...

ditto...*imagines recreating his feraling ranger from 2nd ed*

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 04:27:46 PM »
I think you'll be pleased with the upcoming hak update :D

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 04:50:33 PM »

who me?

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 06:21:23 PM »

you keep saying these things any ETA on that?

cause we are getting very curious.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 06:22:49 PM »

It's almost done. We're not adding anything new at this point, just discussing if a few of the things added should be kept. Once that's decided, we'll probably get it out and make an announcement.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 06:30:32 PM »

It's almost done. We're not adding anything new at this point, just discussing if a few of the things added should be kept. Once that's decided, we'll probably get it out and make an announcement.

alright thnx for the quick reply.

you do realise i can just smack or nag to the ones giving you a hard time on the content to make them behave. *eyes you* or are you giving THEM a hard time
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 02:44:27 AM »
I have tested the update, and yes people will be UP IN THE CLOUDS! about it. And its not that often me and Blue agree on anything