You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Expeditious Retreat movement increase  (Read 1425 times)

dark_majico

Expeditious Retreat movement increase
« on: April 14, 2013, 10:03:40 AM »
Is there any way to bump up the movement rate increase to 150% as the spell description says, as its currently only 50%?

Loki's Cat

• New to the Mists
Re: Expeditious Retreat movement increase
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 10:26:53 AM »
Mathmaticaly... 150% is what its currently at. if it was only 50% you would be forced to move at half speed instead of one and a half.

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 11:08:04 AM »
Mathematically speaking 150% is impossible as 100% is the full some of everything :P

Note; this post is made in jest, if you take me seriously you're thinking too hard :P
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 11:18:55 AM by Honoun »

Badelaire

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 11:33:14 AM »
It's just an oversight on implementation I imagine as many spells were buggy or didn't tell you accurately the effects. Expeditious Retreat gives the same speed boost as haste (+50%) just without the other bonuses haste offers. It does stack with itself up to the movement speed cap although I don't know if this is changed in PotM.

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 07:17:34 PM »
Mathmaticaly... 150% is what its currently at. if it was only 50% you would be forced to move at half speed instead of one and a half.

While the current speed the spell gives is 150% of the caster's original speed, the spell description says "150% faster". Hence, according to spell description, the speed would be 250% of the original. :P

*Cough* Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

In any case, the spell description is probably at flaw here. I'm fairly sure 50% is the increase that they were after. For a fun detail, in standard DnD Expeditious Retreat is actually a 30 feet faster land speed - this means that for a human, it would be a 100% increase. For a dwarf, 150% increase.