Author Topic: Mountains  (Read 1958 times)

dark_majico

Mountains
« on: April 13, 2013, 06:55:15 PM »
Lately I have been taking trips up to mount baratak, call me a masochist but shouldn't the cold affect characters more? Given the design of the areas, and the feed back about the cold it seems a bit like a walk in the park, all you need to get up to the Wizards tower is a warm winter cloak, thats the same sort of protection you need a ground level at winter. I think it would improve the feel of the mountains if the cold was stronger.

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
Re: Mountains
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 08:01:11 PM »
Lately I have been taking trips up to mount baratak, call me a masochist but shouldn't the cold affect characters more? Given the design of the areas, and the feed back about the cold it seems a bit like a walk in the park, all you need to get up to the Wizards tower is a warm winter cloak, thats the same sort of protection you need a ground level at winter. I think it would improve the feel of the mountains if the cold was stronger.

Are you sure it was just not a mild winter? I stopped even trying to go up there in winter without at least warm winter clothing. Even then I was having to use healing potions to just survive the trip.
"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."

dark_majico

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 08:04:24 PM »
Well we are in spring time now aren't we, I took a trip up that way in winter and I still didn't have any problems keeping warm with a worn winter cloak, in all the years I have played here I've never had any trouble in the mountains.

Kaspar

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 08:23:10 PM »
Well we are in spring time now aren't we, I took a trip up that way in winter and I still didn't have any problems keeping warm with a worn winter cloak, in all the years I have played here I've never had any trouble in the mountains.

I don't think you've been in those mountains during the winter time in all your years of playing. The cold damage gets up to 20-40.

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 08:46:50 PM »

I don't think you've been in those mountains during the winter time in all your years of playing. The cold damage gets up to 20-40.

+1. That and the saves vs. cold are in the 80s. The mountains laugh at my dire craig cat boots with +2 save vs. cold.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 08:49:33 PM »
no clue how you manage it without no real damage during the winter.

cause i havnt managed.

winters=no mountain climbing
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

SwanSong

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 10:19:18 PM »
There's a huge difference depending on time of year. In winter you can take 20+ even with a 10/- cold DR item which really does make life painful for those classes with low hit die.

dark_majico

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 06:01:29 AM »
Oh maybe your right...I dunno. I have been up in the mountains when there was snow placables on the ground and Ice on the lake by the mist camp, I assumed that was winter.  :think:

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 11:55:42 PM »
Oh maybe your right...I dunno. I have been up in the mountains when there was snow placables on the ground and Ice on the lake by the mist camp, I assumed that was winter.  :think:

There are snow sprites because its the mountains. even regular mountains will have snow pretty much year round. Trust us...if your in the mountains in winter you'll know it.

dark_majico

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 05:23:20 AM »
Oh maybe your right...I dunno. I have been up in the mountains when there was snow placables on the ground and Ice on the lake by the mist camp, I assumed that was winter.  :think:

There are snow sprites because its the mountains. even regular mountains will have snow pretty much year round. Trust us...if your in the mountains in winter you'll know it.

No I was talking about snow placables on the ground at normal elevation.