Author Topic: Transition Crashing  (Read 1804 times)

Sorrow00

• Outlander
Transition Crashing
« on: April 12, 2013, 10:07:23 PM »
During my time on Ravenloft and PoTM, ived experienced 2 maps that i crash and get stuck on when i enter their transitions.

Har'Akir - Village of Muhar, and Balinok Mountains - Snowy Canyon

ive turned my settings to the mininum, turned off everything, looked at my haks, overrides, renewed them, and im not sure what the problem is that im running into,
I appreciate any and all help to solve this diliema.   :(
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:21:23 PM by Sorrow00 »

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
Re: Transition Crashing
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 09:07:22 PM »
I now have the same problem when entering Raduta keep

Building out off the mists

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 12:09:35 AM »
Apart from video settings, overrides or .hak files it could perhaps also be related to sound. Or possibly the version of operating system or video card/ audio drivers you are using.
Besides these factors and suggesting a complete reinstall of the game, which is something I would save for last, I have no idea what else could potentially be causing the crashes.
You could maybe try running the game with some of the compatability options enabled (when you right click the icon and go to Neverwinter Nights' properties), can not hurt to try.

The Balinoks is a problem area for a lot of players though, but I do not believe either Raduta Keep or the Village of Muhar are typically problem areas for most of the players.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 12:13:10 AM by Feronius »

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 01:28:50 PM »
I take that back. I also crash in the Raduta Keep area now, never used to though. This seems to be caused by something completely different than the Balinoks crash though and appears to affects a much larger portion of the playerbase, our entire party had the same issues. Also unlike the Balinoks crash this does not appear to be graphics related, changing your video settings seems to have absolutely no effect. Some players crash when entering the area and others when leaving it, some crash in both directions.

Anyway, I created a bug report thread about it. As the bug appears to be universal or incredibly common, I highly doubt it is related to anyone's tech specifications or game settings.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 01:37:56 PM »
I suspect it is related to the mists placeables.