You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: post your npc convo ideas here.  (Read 1315 times)

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
post your npc convo ideas here.
« on: April 09, 2013, 06:37:33 PM »
i saw this on another topic and it sprung to mind that if allot of us can make a bio for our own chars then why not create npc conversations?
the idea is that we make short conversations that ADD to the setting, the dev team can evaluate it and then decide to use it or not to be implemented in potm.

this way the dev team only need to spend time looking it over and apply it to the npc's

would be helpfull if you make a npc dialogue that you post which npc that roams around in potm you make it for.

get creative i say.

(goes without saying that this is simply a means to help the team and a chance for you to leave a small bit of your creativity in potm, just remember even npc's can die)
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Juice

• Totally banged the
  • Dark Lord
  • Lawful Good Does Not Mean Lawful Nice.
Re: post your npc convo ideas here.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 07:42:00 PM »
NPC Conversations would need to be limited to which NPC you speak for, Many NPC's have established stories, personalities and feelings that the "higher up's" have worked hard on.

Speaking for Barovian Peasant #435 would be fine (as long as its cannon)
But speaking on behalf of named Charaters like Lizuca or Horitiu, not cool.

Making up NPC's for your bio and speaking for them :thumbup: Cool Beans.

Solomon Burke - Knight of the Dawn
Vasile Mikovich - Tigan Straight Outa Vallaki
Straven Crowe -  Hes somewhere around here.....

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 08:26:48 PM »
seems i wasnt clear.

it is exactly meant for the nameless ones out there, would be nice when you click on a random npc and a few lines of text appear instead of it turns makes a noise and thats it.

not asking you folks to write something for radu/the count  etc
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 01:42:18 PM »
I like this idea actually... I have an idea to go with it as well. Not a full conversation but something that can make things more interesting:

NPC Convo's based on OCR. higher OCR will have peasants you speak to maybe running from you or insulting you, while high OCR may cause them to be friendly or have like 1% chance of like sharing food with you or something. Jus an idea to make influence and OCR a bit cooler.

Here's somethings I got however.

[The man looks at you then turns away, grumbling something about "damned outlanders"]

for halflings:

"What an adoreable little pitic. [snorts]"

Valiant_Destiny

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 03:15:30 PM »
Great idea!!

You could have Npc's speaking in the native tongue of their domain.  So that all players can get a better understanding of dialect's about the core. 

I know some of them do this to an extent, but to make it more common would entice the atmosphere of each area more fully, and also give players some basic words to play with if they have travelled there at all.