You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Experiments in Enchantment  (Read 2970 times)

Dread

• Dark Power
Experiments in Enchantment
« on: April 03, 2013, 01:56:59 AM »
[All about Port-á-Lucine and the Mist Camp are the following messages:]

"SELLSWORDS, MERCENARIES, HEROES!

I seek KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDING of my own innate talents through the Art of ENCHANTING ARMS and ARMOUR. If you believe you might be able to survive the EXPERIMENTAL PROCEDURE necessary to enchant, and you have what is required (what you wish to become enchanted and a RADIANT ESSENCE), then know that I am offering my services as an enchanter, at NO CHARGE.

HOWEVER, those who make use of my services should mark well the fact that my skills in the field are that of a NOVICE. Those who make use of my services may find that their item is enchanted on the first attempt, that it requires multiple attempts, or cannot be enchanted at all. MARK WELL THESE WORDS. However, if you are DARING, then come and speak to me, in Port-á-Lucine, or write to Ardmor Marziale at the Governor's Hotel.

~ Ardmor Marziale ~"

Kaspar

Re: Experiments in Enchantment
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 03:00:35 AM »
[A note is tacked to the door of the Theatre, addressing one Ardmor Marziale.]

"If you do not charge for your services then your days will become numbered. Do not tread into a competitive market and leave mud everywhere. Take this threat lightly at your own risk."

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 03:36:31 AM »
[Rather than simply take the notice down, Ardmor takes it and pins it to the Theatre's noticeboard, a response provided below in movable printed type, like the kind that that is typically generated by a printing press. It reads as follows:]

"If you wish to threaten me and my troupe, then by all means, take a bloody number and get in line behind the serial killer, those halfling poisoners, and everyone else who has been causing us trouble the last few weeks. If, however, you wish to discuss this matter in a civil manner like a real man, then we can do that as well. Do not disrespect me by leaving a note on my door in the dead of night like a common criminal, and do not think I, as one of Dr. Drukker's most valued employees, shall be so easily cowed by threats against my person.

- Ardmor"

Kaspar

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 04:55:17 AM »
[The copy of the notice Ardmor had set replaces the ones currently available; though not all. A few words have been changed and printed in bold lettering. The perpetrator has deadly intent, and marks these words in red.]

[All about Port-á-Lucine and the Mist Camp are the following messages:]

"SELLSWORDS, MERCENARIES, HEROES!

I seek KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDING of my own innate talents through the Art of ENCHANTING ARMS and ARMOUR. If you believe you might be able to survive the EXPERIMENTAL PROCEDURE necessary to enchant, and you have what is required (what you wish to become enchanted and a RADIANT ESSENCE), then know that I am offering my services as an enchanter WITH A MINOR FEE.

HOWEVER, those who make use of my services should mark well the fact that my skills in the field are that of a NOVICE. Those who make use of my services may find that their item is enchanted on the first attempt, that it requires multiple attempts, or cannot be enchanted at all. MARK WELL THESE WORDS. However, if you are DARING, then come and speak to me, in Port-á-Lucine, or write to Ardmor Marziale at the Governor's Hotel.

~ Ardmor Marziale ~"

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 08:09:01 AM »
[A remarkably pithy reply is attached to his previous response, and the same laconic response is attached to the notices that have gone altered:]

"This is agreeable.

~ Ardmor"

urathraviel

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 08:32:51 AM »
[A notice is pinned near one of the more prominent altered posters]

Well, I won't pay for apprentice rate goods and items ruined. best of luck to you.

-A lost Customer.

Kaspar

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 08:44:10 AM »
[The ghastly phantom tacks a note upon a note.]

[A notice is pinned near one of the more prominent altered posters]

Well, I won't pay for apprentice rate goods and items ruined. best of luck to you.

-A lost Customer.

"The end result is the same. The items are not ruined in any process, but instead the essence which is necessary to create. The only items you will obtain from an apprentice are boots and helmets."

urathraviel

• Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 10:19:36 AM »
[The note is amended]

Or wasted difficult to acquire reagents.

-A lost Customer.

Kaspar

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 10:24:40 AM »
[The ghastly phantom strikes again, or perhaps an interested individual offering advise, leaving another note upon a note upon a note.]

[The note is amended]

Or wasted difficult to acquire reagents.

-A lost Customer.

"The reagents for the enchantment process of most boots are very easy to find. They are referred to as "Glowing" essences. If you'd want to use "Radiant" reagents you are better off finding a professional in either case."

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
"I apologize for the inconvenience, Lost Customer, but I'm not prepared to die for something like this. My hopes were to offer my services for free so that I might learn how to make more difficult types of goods, but it seems as though I cannot do so without making myself a target, and I unfortunately face more than enough problems already.

- Ardmor"

Roose

• Dark Power
  • Neat.
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 05:49:02 PM »
[All notices, notes, scribbles, and threatening letters are removed from the Theater's notice board and replaced with one small handwritten note.]

The theater notice boards, are for theater related business only.

-Doctor W. Drukker
Three people can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.