Author Topic: "..There is no caravan available at this moment.."  (Read 4358 times)

Crimson Shuriken

• Happy Shoulders
  • Dark Power
  • Flying through the air with deadly intent!
"..There is no caravan available at this moment.."
« on: March 28, 2013, 10:00:35 PM »
I'd like to see a system in the Mist camp at least, where the caravan being available is self evident, without having to ask him over and over until you get the answer you want. Its a very common occurrence and it just seems needless or at least, could be improved upon. Maybe they can emote it being available or a yellow text atmosphere could announce it or otherwise. Just a thought.

I'm so casual, my shoes look like feet.

Geiger

Re: "..There is no caravan available at this moment.."
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 10:05:28 PM »
Or better yet.. have a different captain for each area?

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 10:16:27 PM »
The caravan has arrived griogos? Emote something like that

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 11:50:29 PM »
Or better yet.. have a different captain for each area?

Or even better still...maybe more than one-single-solitary cart for all the traffic into and out of the mist camp. I've taken up chain smoking again the amount of time I spend waiting for damn that thing to recycle every day.

RedwizardD

• Scrollord
  • Dark Power
  • Avoid Attention - Critical Failure
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 12:09:03 PM »
More carts would be -really- nice.

Also a cart to/from Vallaki to aid in spreading folks out would be glorious, but that's a different can of worms.

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 08:48:52 PM »

Also a cart to/from Vallaki to aid in spreading folks out would be glorious, but that's a different can of worms.

That will probably never happen for the same reason more carts will never happen. Its not real RPing unless a certain amount of sheer tedium is involved.

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 03:19:36 AM »

That will probably never happen for the same reason more carts will never happen. Its not real RPing unless a certain amount of sheer tedium is involved.
Ever take a boat in the old game everquest? Personally I like the emote that its ready method idea.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 09:58:02 AM »

Ever take a boat in the old game everquest? Personally I like the emote that its ready method idea.

No I never played Everquest. Mainly because you had to pay a monthly fee after purchasing the game. Its like buying it twice...or more. I'm almost as philosophically opposed to that as I am to playing a game where sitting and waiting seems to be a key gameplay dynamic. I almost wouldn't mind it except for those times where the server crashes and it creates a huge bottleneck at the mist camp where everyone is trying to leave and or enter at once.

Badelaire

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 10:57:14 AM »
With the increase in traffic at the mist camp it can take 20 mins to get a caravan sometimes with people just bull rushing the Captain ahead of each other.

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 11:12:06 AM »
What always got me going... Huh?

Was that the Captain stands in front of two caravans yet he only sells rides to one.... Guess he's not up to stealing the hard earned gold we adventours collect as much as any other Vistani would :P

Juice

• Totally banged the
  • Dark Lord
  • Lawful Good Does Not Mean Lawful Nice.
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 05:08:50 PM »
Was that the Captain stands in front of two caravans yet he only sells rides to one.... Guess he's not up to stealing the hard earned gold we adventours collect as much as any other Vistani would :P

In case of attack the captain can take his spare caravan and leave the hero's behind. standard tactics all ways have a way out.

The caravan has arrived griogos? Emote something like that
:fonzie: :fonzie: :fonzie: :fonzie: :fonzie: :fonzie: :fonzie: :fonzie: :fonzie: :fonzie: :fonzie:
Awesome idea luca.

The reason we cant have more caravans is not based on how many wagons the vistani have. It depends on how many vistani in the camp can navigate the mist. There are only a select few people that can navigate the mist and fewer still that would be willing to transport people from one country to another.

Its not about how many Caravans its about how many Navigators.

Solomon Burke - Knight of the Dawn
Vasile Mikovich - Tigan Straight Outa Vallaki
Straven Crowe -  Hes somewhere around here.....

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 06:03:41 PM »
The reason we cant have more caravans is not based on how many wagons the vistani have. It depends on how many vistani in the camp can navigate the mist. There are only a select few people that can navigate the mist and fewer still that would be willing to transport people from one country to another.

No, I'm betting its because there is only one wagon interior existing in game and all the "captains" are scripted to end everyone to the same place for the "travel sequence" before they get ported to their destination.
"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."

Juice

• Totally banged the
  • Dark Lord
  • Lawful Good Does Not Mean Lawful Nice.
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 06:15:35 PM »

No, I'm betting its because there is only one wagon interior existing in game and all the "captains" are scripted to end everyone to the same place for the "travel sequence" before they get ported to their destination.

[Total Immersion in IC RP destroyed]

Solomon Burke - Knight of the Dawn
Vasile Mikovich - Tigan Straight Outa Vallaki
Straven Crowe -  Hes somewhere around here.....

Soldier0fortunE

• Undead Master
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 07:22:58 PM »

[Total Immersion in IC RP destroyed]

:lol:

queenofspades

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 12:42:04 AM »
I don't think its quite like that, I think there is one caravan interior for each domain, going away from that area. so one for the camp, and one going ot the camp from everywhere else. I just happened to look at the area names when I was in a caravan going to and from, they do actually change.
Currently Playing
Filipa Florea
Gwendolyn Blackmore
Ylndar Lharithlyn
Erik Mihaly
Chloe Labelle

swbf2lord

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 02:14:41 AM »
I don't think its quite like that, I think there is one caravan interior for each domain, going away from that area. so one for the camp, and one going ot the camp from everywhere else. I just happened to look at the area names when I was in a caravan going to and from, they do actually change.

One of the interiors has water on the outside, if you look through the windows in this particular interior. Not sure if it's the Blaustein or Dementlieu one. Could be both.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 10:37:14 AM »

:thumbup: