Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

Improved Fog

(1/3) > >>

Soren / Zarathustra217:
I've been working on improving our own special fog visual effect that we use in many places all over the module. I'm quite pleased with the end result - I've managed to both improve the visuals and cut down the performance impact by nearly 50%.

I hope to make it part of our next hak update, but before that, it would be nice if people could playtest it a bit first.

So, if you feel up for it, you can grab it here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16677912/rl_2da_v190_improved_fog.rar

Extract into your NWN/hak folder, overriding the existing file.

Let me know what you think and if you have any issues.

Thanks!

ManticoreRO:
To be honest, I think fog is the worse enemy on Potm regarding framerate. Downloaded and will test.

ladylena:
Same downloaded it, will let you know what I think :)

BahamutZ3RO:
Just tried it out in the crypts real quick and didn't seem to have any appreciable change in fps (it's one of those spots where my game grinds to a halt). I'll run around mist camp and see what happens.

Update: checked out mist camp, still suffering an fps hit there but it does look awfully nice!

ManticoreRO:

--- Quote from: BahamutZ3RO on March 27, 2013, 06:29:08 PM ---Just tried it out in the crypts real quick and didn't seem to have any appreciable change in fps (it's one of those spots where my game grinds to a halt). I'll run around mist camp and see what happens.

Update: checked out mist camp, still suffering an fps hit there but it does look awfully nice!

--- End quote ---

Since I play on an old pc now, I really wanted this to work. And for me, to be honest, it did. Around the mists, my fps improved alot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version