Author Topic: Fighter Bravery  (Read 5745 times)

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
Re: Fighter Bravery
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 02:02:32 PM »
As the player of a fighter who had -2 will for a long time, I think it's a necessary vulnerability.
: )

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 08:05:51 PM »
We need Duskblades. Make Fighters completely redundant. ^^

Actually, though, what if we created fighter specific Ravenloft setting prestige classes for use, like the Monster Hunter, to give them a little love? Could be a good way to work in the bravery element, and introduce greater variety at the same time? Or am I talking nonsense?

Obviously though, this is purely hypothetical, because no one is going to put together a class hak for the server. Wouldn't know where to start.

Fighters are already redundant. You can thank the weapon master class for that. It turns fighters into purely second rate fighters. The ONLY thing that keeps it in check is the need for a player application and approval.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 08:14:01 PM »
I see classes like fighter and rogue as 'supplementary' classes. People don't take them because of the intrigue behind the character, they take them because it gives them abilities in a martial or stealthy sort of way. It's not necessarily a bad thing, and that being said I think I could just as easily make a pure fighter who would be pretty scary.
: )

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2013, 08:27:51 PM »
I see classes like fighter and rogue as 'supplementary' classes. People don't take them because of the intrigue behind the character, they take them because it gives them abilities in a martial or stealthy sort of way. It's not necessarily a bad thing, and that being said I think I could just as easily make a pure fighter who would be pretty scary.

A pure fighter IS pretty scary...their just hopelessly outclassed by a WM. As far as the supplemental nature of classes like fighter or thief that's where I would submit the endless prestige class whoring has hopelessly warped peoples concepts. Originally a "fighter" could be everything from a Viking, to a middle ages knight to an eastern samurai, and it was left to players to flesh out what "kind" of fighter their PC was, but since people wanted special bells and whistles for their vision of specific types of fighters they started making things like kits and then later prestige classes so you could pick to be a "special" fighter. I just see WM as the ultimate absurd expression of that trend, but yes. now people tend to think of a fighter and or a thief as a basic "empty" template to build off of.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:29:39 PM by respawnaholic »

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2013, 08:40:33 PM »
Im all for ravenloft atmospheric feats as long as they dont make it able for me to solo my fighter. I like that i need casters to buff Heris, i would rather be rping with others anyways.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

• Dark Power
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 04:57:06 PM »

A pure fighter IS pretty scary...their just hopelessly outclassed by a WM. As far as the supplemental nature of classes like fighter or thief that's where I would submit the endless prestige class whoring has hopelessly warped peoples concepts. Originally a "fighter" could be everything from a Viking, to a middle ages knight to an eastern samurai, and it was left to players to flesh out what "kind" of fighter their PC was, but since people wanted special bells and whistles for their vision of specific types of fighters they started making things like kits and then later prestige classes so you could pick to be a "special" fighter. I just see WM as the ultimate absurd expression of that trend, but yes. now people tend to think of a fighter and or a thief as a basic "empty" template to build off of.

Just out of curiosity and not necessarily this is linked to this thread but can you have a fighter 8 level \12 Weapon master Level?

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 05:17:11 PM »
No, PRCs only go over 10 when your char passes the level 20 mark. On PoTM your limited to level 20 chars